• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hell.o.. Sam, Mod, and all samsters. Newbie here!

cuckoldooldo

Alfrescian
Loyal
“The press is one of the institutions of a democratic society. Some people might say that it is the most important institution of a democratic society. It is, along with the other institutions, the guardian of the liberty of the people.

It must take it upon itself the responsibility to eke out any injustices, any wrong doings committed against the people or even one member of the society, and to speak out against it. “

- JBJ, in a parliamentary speech made in February 1999

cuckoldooldo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Come walk with me, for peace, justice and truth, fearing no one else but God

“Come walk with me, for peace, justice and truth, fearing no one else but God”

- JBJ at Reform Party inauguration dinner, July 2008

cuckoldooldo

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is only in dictatorships where one man rules the country without an opposition

“No government, anywhere in the world, can be so good that there is no need for an opposition. It is only in dictatorships where one man rules the country without an opposition”

- JBJ in an interview with the Malaysian daily, The Star, July 2008

cuckoldooldo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Make it right for singapore

“Good government, Mr Speaker, Sir, requires that government acts in accordance with the law. Government is not above the law. No one is above the law in a coutnry which observes the rule of law.

In a civilized democratic country, if the government acted above the law or outside the law, then it ceases to be a democractic government subject to the rule of law and it becomes no better than a mafia government.

- JBJ, in a speech to parliament, 1998

cuckoldooldo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: It is only in dictatorships where one man rules the country without an opposition

“Good government, Mr Speaker, Sir, requires that government acts in accordance with the law. Government is not above the law. No one is above the law in a coutnry which observes the rule of law.

In a civilized democratic country, if the government acted above the law or outside the law, then it ceases to be a democractic government subject to the rule of law and it becomes no better than a mafia government.

cuckoldooldo

Alfrescian
Loyal
And any issue, whether the Government has acted under the law, must be determined by the Judiciary, not be the Executive. Otherwise, the Executivve becomes judge and jury, master in its own cause, decides what is the law and whether it has followed the law or not. that is not the case wheter the Rule of Law prevails and in a country which professes to practise Parliamentary democracy.

cuckoldooldo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: It is only in dictatorships where one man rules the country without an opposition

Parliamentary democracy, by its term, implies that Parliament shall be supreme and the Government shall act under the laws passed by Parliament and shall be accountable to Parliament, not act as a law unto itself. There are absolutely necessary if we are to have any transparency or accountability in our system of Government.”

Petrson11

Hello Everyone!

My name is Peterson and I am new to this panel. I like to discuss with different peoples and found this forum very rare. I just want to say thanks to the Admin for accepting me here. I hope to spend a good time with all of you. Thank you.