• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hell Gates open liao!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are treading on dangerous ground. Just like when you question why someone must kill a sheep in a public place in full view of children (SPCA), or let a certain animal wander and shit all over the streets (NEA) because it is "holy" - but relished by others in fast food restaurants?

Of course we are rational, all the 'to di piah', oranges, & whatever are littered all over the place, together with smothering ashes, jos sticks, fluttering incense papers & whatever bank notes, some half burnt, embers, candles and the list goes on...we have to live & let live. But, once again, why can't they build a communal burning area, where all the small groups in an are combine & have a communal burning & offering?? This I can never understand...communal burning & offering ..

'kill a sheep in public'...I have seen a sheep running past me, while I was waiting for a bus, some years back. I thought I was having heatstroke for the day was very hot, pinch myself & really saw a sheep, then not long after bearded men came chasing after it...then I realized that a mosque was 300m away..and it was "haji".. it was HOLY DAY.

I was rational, after all :biggrin:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You are treading on dangerous ground. Just like when you question why someone must kill a sheep in a public place in full view of children (SPCA), or let a certain animal wander and shit all over the streets (NEA) because it is "holy" - but relished by others in fast food restaurants?

Live and let live! Look at it positively. 7th month traditional practices come just once in a year - like other traditional practices - it's difficult sometimes to rationalise with them. Treat it like a season - winter, summer, spring and autumn - which bring some changes to the urban environment.

Ashes become nutrients for the grass. Joss sticks and fruit leftover create employment for the sanitation workers.

And most important of all - appreciate the Singapore gahment allowing them to practise this - that anyone can practise their religion and religious practices freely in Singapore. You can't find this in many countries.

Anyway, Hellgate close liao. Our brothers and sisters, aunties and uncles have gone "home" already. So the 7th month season is over. Let's us celebrate together on another once-in-a-year occasion this Friday.

stupid culture and religious practices that causes air pollutions , noise pollutions, promote violents , littering , delusions ...ect should be abolished .

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Live and let live! Look at it positively. 7th month traditional practices come just once in a year - like other traditional practices - it's difficult sometimes to rationalise with them. Treat it like a season - winter, summer, spring and autumn - which bring some changes to the urban environment.

Ashes become nutrients for the grass. Joss sticks and fruit leftover create employment for the sanitation workers.

And most important of all - appreciate the Singapore gahment allowing them to practise this - that anyone can practise their religion and religious practices freely in Singapore. You can't find this in many countries.

Anyway, Hellgate close liao. Our brothers and sisters, aunties and uncles have gone "home" already. So the 7th month season is over. Let's us celebrate together on another once-in-a-year occasion this Friday.

Yes, I'm taking it positively and looking at it light-heartedly.

Other neighborhood uncles and aunties scold me until head blackburnt, hard to survive. :eek: