• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Heartless authority

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whereas the HDB and / or the Attorney General's chambers has the discretion whether or not to lay charges, I believe that there is reasonable grounds to be compassionate and sympathetic in this scenario, by speaking to the accused, and perhaps, give her the benefit of the doubt, to allow her to earn enough to support her family.

With respect, this may be another situation where the very well compensated politicians and senior civil servants do not understand that when an individual is hungry, and have to feed hungry family members, such an honest and hard working individual, should not be charged, fined or sent to jail. I also believe that the presiding judge should have exercised discretion, and perhaps, ordered a reprimand or simply discharged her.

well said... and instead offer a min. small food processing outlet.

Welfare n compassion are a dirty words here. Which civil servant dare to come forth n support her?

If NEA n MOM are so very concerned, did they not know that hidden behind the walls of hdb n terrace
houses are food processors too using domestic maids. And lamely, they will ask for info.

Manager

Don't mess with me
Generous Asset
really? why dont u provide the info necessary for them to act? :rolleyes:

If NEA n MOM are so very concerned, did they not know that hidden behind the walls of hdb n terrace
houses are food processors too using domestic maids. And lamely, they will ask for info.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whereas the HDB and / or the Attorney General's chambers has the discretion whether or not to lay charges, I believe that there is reasonable grounds to be compassionate and sympathetic in this scenario, by speaking to the accused, and perhaps, give her the benefit of the doubt, to allow her to earn enough to support her family.

With respect, this may be another situation where the very well compensated politicians and senior civil servants do not understand that when an individual is hungry, and have to feed hungry family members, such an honest and hard working individual, should not be charged, fined or sent to jail. I also believe that the presiding judge should have exercised discretion, and perhaps, ordered a reprimand or simply discharged her.

This goes again the grain of hardworking, self help and self motivated characteristic we Singaporean possessed. This goes again the fundamental of Capitalism and entrepreneurship.

The only crime she committed is that she didn't have money to apply for a valid license.

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haven't started making money must pay money to daiyi long first? Sounds like some scam jobs ads!

Maybe they scared people eat already lao sai!

Then they got reasons to take away her license to make her illegal again!

This is how crazy secular garmen works!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
like what idiotic John tan mention food poisoning, her children would hv got it first! Not her customer..
Early days every one eat at legal or iLeegal food stall they food Poisoning? ? Not that I know off!

I thought some of the licensed eateries had cases of food poisoning? I remember there was one severe case of food poisoning at Todai of MBS.

And there's the case of Geylang Serai's Indian rojak stall.

Oh, and rats were found scurrying about at a Koufu food court. :rolleyes:

The pappies are micromanaging killjoys. I can't even eat pig's blood in Sinkieland anymore, due to some obscure 'health hazard' issue.

I think some of the pappies or bureaucrats are so bored that they constantly invent stupid shit for themselves to do, in order to justify their salaries, their very existence. :wink: