• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Health Ministry to ensure affordable dental care for Singaporeans

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes this is true.. On January this year my mom in law suffered a bad toothache.. She went to Bedok Polyclinic and to her horror, she was told she needed to make an appointment first and they gave her the next appointment which was in March.. KNN must wait 2 months more.. I told her don't waste time and no need to wait for 2 months more.. After work I brought her to this dental clinic at Katong.. The dentist pulled out her problematic tooth and gave her medications.. Within 45 mins, she was out of the clinic.. Even though its abit expensive, but its still money worth it..

Fuck the PAP.. Want to wait for 2, 3 months to seek treatment for a painful toothache, I think people can die from the pain by the time they went to the polyclinic for their appointment..

My wait for root canal was 1 year and possibly cost 1k as "subsidized patient". This was totally nonsense and I went to a clinic in JB where I was given immediate treatment, wait for 1 month for the crowning and settle everything for about RM600.

Last edited:

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Get used to it. I really dun understand why some people can still agree to wait for 3months. That is more or less the standard waiting time for dental appointment what is the point?

Might as well just pay a little more and go private.

Wah see this thread make me sibeh tulan. Not tulan TS, but the fucking worst than 10th world dental service in sinking land. Knn, got a toothache and went polyclinic cos' nearest. Told me nearest appointmet is 3
Month.

Should not have waste 1 hour of my precious time. Went beauty world dentist and settle within 30 mins.

FUCK PAP!!

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
My wait for root canal was 1 year and possibly cost 1k as "subsidized patient". This was totally nonsense and I went to a clinic in JB where I was given immediate treatment, wait for 1 month for the crowning and settle everything for about RM600.

Can rate the clinic and give more details? I think we should all go JB for dental treatment.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Wah see this thread make me sibeh tulan. Not tulan TS, but the fucking worst than 10th world dental service in sinking land. Knn, got a toothache and went polyclinic cos' nearest. Told me nearest appointmet is 3
Month.

Should not have waste 1 hour of my precious time. Went beauty world dentist and settle within 30 mins.

FUCK PAP!!

hi there

1. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
2. this is world-crass & affordable dental care 101 !
3. wait loh!

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Get used to it. I really dun understand why some people can still agree to wait for 3months. That is more or less the standard waiting time for dental appointment what is the point?

Might as well just pay a little more and go private.

you missed the point. The issue is that government has allowed dental cost to escalate over the years because of small dental student intake while significantly taking in foreign workers.

Now that the dental cost has shot through the roof, stupid minister come out to sprout nonsense solutions, instead of addressing the real issue, which is insufficient dentists to serve the enlarged population.

Don't say polyclinic, you try booking private dentist nowadays for immediate appointment, you probably need to call up at least 5 dentists before you can find a slot. Vast majority needs at least a couple of days advanced booking. Only the most atas and expensive dentists have free slots for immediate treatment.

I would guesstimate that the average person nowadays require at least $20 - 50k in total over lifetime to maintain a reasonable standard of oral health. And with ridiculous queues at polyclinics, almost all of these money is going to come out of citizens' bank account. No medisave or government subsidy.

Another problem is that Q&M chain is monopolizing the trade by grouping so many dentists together and charging relatively steep prices. Over the past 15 years, dental cost has gone up faster than inflation. How come the anti-competition body is not looking into this group?

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
Month.

FUCK PAP!!

another wanyang kulit show from those insincere who are in it only to make money.

a lot of tricks and hidden traps.

they can say everything is affordable but you need to buy insurance , or pay in 36 months interest free.
they can even make it free but your appointment is 6 months later.

but sinkies deserved this kind of treatment. they specifically asked for it.

ah chiam did lift updating for free , using fund from tc , his enemy passed law to prohibit this.
if you ask who is the one with a heart , even a school boy will said it is ah chiam.
but sinkies are blind as a bat , cannot tell the good from the bad.
so they voted for a hyena a pretender.
have this group of blind idiots ask so far what has the hyena do to improve their life ?
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Month.

FUCK PAP!!
Thats the whole idea bro........then when you complain they will tell you that you can choose to wait or not. Heard now its almost impossible to visit the polyclinic doctors..........even with appointment also must wait 3/4 day.....

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
'Affordable dental care' = more Tiong and Pinoy dentists coming your way soon.

Good luck to my fellow Sinkies who're studying dentistry. :wink:

Want the PAP govt to generously and comprehensively subsidize healthcare including dental care?

Wait long long. :biggrin:

Last edited:

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro spotter542, that is a very interesting question.

Thought they even retrofitted one SIA passenger aircraft into a fully manned flying hospital and flew it to London before?

With regards to your question: "What do you think?" ha ha... :biggrin:

Harry owns SIA mah.
Have you forgotten the FTrash Malaysian indian chief pilot who nearly started a strike a couple of years back ?
His PR status was revoked the next day after Harry went to bang table
:eek:

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
'Affordable dental care' = more Tiong and Pinoy dentists coming your way soon.

Good luck to my fellow Sinkies who're studying dentistry. :wink:

Want the PAP govt to generously and comprehensively subsidize healthcare including dental care?

Wait long long. :biggrin:

The govt could have easily allowed more singaporean students into medicine and dentistry, instead of engineering and business. In this way, more sinkies can have better jobs.

Instead, this pea brain government can only think of importing cheap and poorly qualified ah tiongs and ah nehs to solve all their problems.

The PAP policy is essentially open door immigration.

Insufficient dentist? Bring in some immigrants.
Insufficient babies? More immigrants.
Aging population? More immigrants.
Insufficient good jobs? Some more immigrants.

To PAP, which solution does not involve bringing in more immigrants? Even justifying their own million dollar salaries involves bringing more immigrants to boost up GDP growth.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
As one brother say,it is cheaper to go JB for your dental treatment whether is extraction,crown,root canal or dental implant.
The standard of JB dentist should be comparable to Singapore dentist and u are paying in Ringgit.
In Singapore,u no money better don't get sick and u no money better don't get toothache.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
As one brother say,it is cheaper to go JB for your dental treatment whether is extraction,crown,root canal or dental implant.
The standard of JB dentist should be comparable to Singapore dentist and u are paying in Ringgit.
In Singapore,u no money better don't get sick and u no money better don't get toothache.

even cheaper to vote opposition to ensure policy changes.

why let these incompetent ministers get off so easily?

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Our Polyclinics are really a disgrace.. The whole system is full of mess and a farce.. It sounds like a good idea to go to JB for dental treatment.. I would rather spend my money in Matland than giving it to the blood sucking Pappy Scums here..

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wah, took sometime to search for this thread.

KNN, me tulan again. Toothache where can wait that long one. Believe most of us ever kena toothache before. How to endure? Remember telling the counter staff 'very pain', emergency case boleh?. Respond I got was "sorry sir, but the next available slot is in............". KNN, I rather call her sir or madam, me tolong can or not? And more tulan thing is the dental dept. only have few patients. Most jialat is toothache so cannot talk too much.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can rate the clinic and give more details? I think we should all go JB for dental treatment.

Think it value for money . The crowning in JB dental clinics were ordered from labs in sinkieland.

recently just went to extract my wisdom tooth.

MKPKB

Alfrescian
Loyal
Told me nearest appointmet is 3 Month.

PAP is pay and pay. You cannot expect it to be free. Even NTUC came out with their own dental clinics to vacuum as much money from us. Do you expect it to be cheap?

ChaoKuan

Alfrescian
Loyal
The PAP policy is essentially open door immigration.

Insufficient dentist? Bring in some immigrants.
Insufficient babies? More immigrants.
Aging population? More immigrants.
Insufficient good jobs? Some more immigrants.

To PAP, which solution does not involve bringing in more immigrants? Even justifying their own million dollar salaries involves bringing more immigrants to boost up GDP growth.
Well said bro.:smile:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
ok bros and sis. toothache not like thr normal headache or backache which can tolerate or tong.

knn, pain until want to die liaoz and tell me wait 3 months. some bros got longer appointment.

if simple thing like dental care the pappies cannot handle, dictator lee kuan yew and his fucking clan should just get cancer and die.

Hehe forgot tooth ache is acute pain, yeah lor their policy is like that either pay up or suffer. Even if all teeth drop out, cannot eat properly and suffer malnutrition also got to tahan if no money.

Read in the newspapers before about an elderly who could not eat properly and wished for dentures in order to eat properly and a dentist donated it eventually. In Singapore, it is either own money or charity foot the bill.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Incidentally it was Q&M that made me decided might as well try out polyclinic dentist. In my last visit there, either the foreigner dentist skill lousy or the equipment is faulty or whatever, there was a "explosion" while cleaning my teeth with air jet or some air suction equipment. If my heart not strong enough, could have died from heart attack like that. Some more they had the cheek to bill me full sum after that, had to ask them for a discount and they agreed eventually.

For $45 you can "upsiize" a little bit more, you can anytime walk in to Q&M ( psst not H&M) and get it done anytime. But where you went is subsiDIzEd & AFFORDABLE...but can you afford to pay for the MINISTARS??

Bro ginfreely, thank goodness it is just for normal cleaning.

Perhaps you could have checked out those private dentist instead of just waiting for that 9 months.

Private dentists do have wait period. But there is a choice. Can always call the next one up till you the waiting period is acceptable before walking in. Some private dentist do have MUCH shorter period.

Ask them about the cost too.