• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Health benefit in using Black Cummin Seed Oil

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've heard alot about flax seed oil, olive oil, virgin coconut oil, hemp seed oil, omega 3 oil, ... and recently read about something called black cummin seed oil.
It's a cold pressed oil i.e. a healthy oil and what caught my eye is that one of things it does is that it helps to suppress inflammation. It can used on the skin as well as taken internally.

If you want to read about some of the benefits do a google.
You can start by reading the January 2013 issue of the Life Extension Magazine, page 40- 47.
http://www.lef.org/Health-Wellness/LECMS/Zmags.aspx?pid=852b87ee&source=CVM202E

You can get it from places like iHerb http://www.iherb.com/search?kw=black+cumin+oil#none

What Is Black Cumin
Seed Oil?

Black cumin is one of the most ancient of
herbal remedies. Though it has been used as a
spice, black cumin should not be confused with
common cumin (Cuminum cyminum). In many
folk traditions, black cumin’s antioxidant properties
made it an attractive food preservative.
Oil extracted from black cumin seeds contains
a variety of components, all of which have
potent free radical scavenging properties. Of
these, thymoquinone is the best understood. In
addition to its antioxidant powers, thymoquinone
suppresses the activities of enzymes that produce
inflammatory cytokines such as interleukins
and leukotrienes.
But black cumin seed oil doesn’t stop at suppressing
inflammation. It contains other powerful
ingredients that augment the immune system’s
patrolling surveillance and “killer” cells responsible
for identifying threats such as infection and
cancer cells.
It’s this ability to restore balance to the
aging immune system that justifies black cumin
seed’s traditional names “seeds of blessing” and
“panacea.”

Black Cumin Seeds provide many wonderful health benefits

Wednesday, December 22, 2010 by: Tony Isaacs

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/030800_cumin_seeds_health.html#ixzz2HBiKrmIy

(NaturalNews) The prophet Mohammad reportedly said that seeds of the black cumin plant could cure anything but death itself. While that may seem to be quite the tall order, black cumin (Nigella sativa) does in fact have remarkable healing and health properties that make it one of the most powerful medicinal plants known to man.

Black cumin is a part of the buttercup family and the seeds are dark, thin, and crescent-shaped when whole. The seeds have been used for many centuries in the Middle East, the Mediterranean and India. Today, black cumin seeds are used as a seasoning spice in different cuisines across the world due to their nutty flavor. Besides their culinary uses, black cumin seeds also have a wealth of important health benefits and are one of the most cherished medicinal seeds in history.

The seeds of the black cumin plant contain over 100 chemical compounds, including some yet to be identified. In addition to what is believed to be the primary active ingredient, crystalline nigellone, black cumin seeds contain: thymoquinone, beta sitosterol, myristic acid, palmitic acid, palmitoleic acid, stearic acid, oleic acid, linoleic acid, linolenic acid, arachidonic acid, protein, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B3, folic acid, calcium, iron, copper, zinc, and phosphorous.

Black cumin seeds have a particularly long and strong history use in Egypt. When archaeologists found and examined the tomb of Egyptian boy-king Tutankhamen (King Tut), they found a bottle of black cumin oil, which suggested that it was believed to be needed in the afterlife.

Physicians to the Egyptian pharaohs frequently used the seeds after extravagant feasts to calm upset stomachs. They also used the seeds to treat headaches, toothaches, colds, and infections. Queen Nefertiti, renowned for her stunning beauty, used black seed oil, likely due to its abilities to strengthen and bring luster to hair and nails.

Hundreds of studies have been conducted on black cumin which have shown that compounds from the seeds help fight diseases by boosting the production of bone marrow, natural interferon, and immune cells.

Several of the studies have shown that black cumin seed extract could assist individuals with autoimmune disorders and could possibly help to fight cancer. One recent study on black cumin seed oil demonstrated that it was effective against pancreatic cancer, one of the deadliest and most difficult to treat cancers.

See: www.naturalnews.com/023348.html

Black cumin is one of the very few botanicals that have shown such effectiveness (the other most notable one is oleander extract).

One of black cumin's most popular and effective uses is the treatment of diseases related to the respiratory system: including asthma, bronchitis, rheumatism and cold symptoms. The seeds help increase body tone, stimulate menstrual period, and increase the flow of breast milk in nursing mothers.

Black cumin seed oil helps calm the nervous system, quells colic pain, stimulates urine production, helps treat pertussis, improves digestion and helps prevent and lower high blood pressure.

The seeds are very effective in curing abscesses and tumors of the eye, abdomen and liver, probably due in great part to the anti-tumor compound beta-sitosterol found in the seeds.

Black cumin also:

*stimulates energy and helps in recovery from fatigue and low spirits.
*is an effective cure for skin conditions such as allergies, eczema, acne, psoriasis and boils.
*is anti-parasitic.
*treats flatulence, diarrhea, hemorrhoids, constipation and dysentery.

NOTE: Those who decide to use black cumin seed oil should check labels and product information carefully. Black cumin is commonly referred to as black seed oil, black onion seed, black caraway, black sesame seed, and other names, but only Nigella sativa is true black cumin.

Last edited:

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
For a moment i thought it's some kind of oiLs that make you deLay your cummings..:smile:

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just take avocado fresh in a blender with milk. Read about avocado.....:smile:

Can give you hardon also:p

............. one of things it does is that it helps to suppress inflammation. It can used on the skin as well as taken internally.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Yah, using the grill oven I bought last night to cook tandoori chicken tomorrow, need mustard oil for the tangy taste for tandoori :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I see. Hey I am looking for a tandoori oven, traditional type, you any idea where to get it? Or something like that.

tandoor_oven.jpg

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/N6tcEeowxuM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I saw this documentary, this guy created a small version tandoori oven, however I cant find it online

Last edited:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vCODeJt9gvc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This bayi said my oven also can :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I saw this documentary, this guy created a small version tandoori oven, however I cant find it online

No time to make one la. If can buy off the shelve it'd be easier and more standard. I seriously looking for one no joke.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vCODeJt9gvc" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

This bayi said my oven also can :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Never trust a bayi la bro, you can ask Jah

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
where to buy ah, bro ?

expensive boh ?

wonder if can help with nerve pain ?

I get most of my supplements from iHerb.

It comes in softgel & liquid form. I prefer a liquid form because I'm already taking too many pills & capsules.

Costs US$19.49 for a 240 ml bottle. That's about SIN$25 & shipping by Singpost to Spore is US$4. For US$4 dollar shipping you can actually order up to 4 bottles, the maximum weight for orders by post is 4 lbs & a maximum value of US$80. Shipping by post takes anywhere from 14 to 21 days.
http://www.iherb.com/Amazing-Herbs-Black-Seed-Cold-Pressed-Oil-8-fl-oz-240-ml/10816

I don't know if you can get it in Spore. My experience is that if it's available here it's probably more expensive.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wonder if can help with nerve pain ?

It might help. The only ways to find out is to try it.

I am already taking many types of antioxidants & found out that it really helps with the aches & pains.I realised the value of antioxidants when I tried cutting back & started experiencing all kinds of aches & pains.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just take avocado fresh in a blender with milk. Read about avocado.....:smile:

Can give you hardon also:p

It's very popular in Indonesia & whenever I am in Indonesia I often have avocado shake because you can get it in most cafes.

However it's not practical to have it everyday. Especially as it has plenty of calories :(
It's easier to consume an oil.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/N6tcEeowxuM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You may find it at Mustaffa.
They have many strange pans & implements that are commonly used in Indian households

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It might help. The only ways to find out is to try it.

I am already taking many types of antioxidants & found out that it really helps with the aches & pains.I realised the value of antioxidants when I tried cutting back & started experiencing all kinds of aches & pains.

you so old meh ? got so many aches and pain ?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you so old meh ? got so many aches and pain ?

There is nothing like a health crisis to wake you up to the importance of looking after one's health.
Mine was having a heart attack & being told it was caused by type II diabetes.

If I relied on medication I would be paying my doctor from $300 to $500 per month. Howeve I chose to spend the $$$ on supplements instead of drugs.

Also taking precaution against other health problems I see that is common e.g. CANCER.
That's why I've added Broccoli Sprouts extracts, DIM(Diindolylmethane) and Lycopene to my supplement regime

I've tried reducing the supplements I take & from the experience I can tell you that supplements ARE effective:eek:
I experience all sorts of aches & pains from that experience:o