• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

He sent 100 applications, but can't find a job

moomoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
The young in Singapore after completing their tertiary studies are supposed to get a job and get some working experience. But after couple of months working, they start telling you, I am tired of my job, sick of it, no prospects, I think I want go back to school and study and get a degree.

So after they get a degree, they come out and work again, another year or so, they tell you, I am tired of my job, sick of it, no prospects, I think I want go back to school and study and get a doctorate.

So after they get a doctorate, they come out and work again, another 2 years, they tell you, I am tired of this industry, no prospects, I should have pursued my real interests...... And here we go again. ......

Don't laugh, its not the job that sucks. It's the young who are too comfortable in studying till their brains are fried and think that life is all about studying and schooling

With a bachelors, you can expect around 2k at least as a fresh grad. Masters 2-3k. Phd 3-5k. Everywhere in the world is the same.

O levels drop outs like you will forever be stuck in dead end jobs, speaking your pidgin English, working as hawkers, technicians, drivers, clerks your whole life for 1k a month. Like a coolie.

As these graduates travel the world as high paid expatriates getting PRs overseas, your nonsensical ass can't even qualify for a work visa.

A fresh grad who enters a company will probably become your boss immediately earning twice your salary and getting you to make coffee for her.

So there she is, your new 22yo female fresh grad boss, smoking her cigar in her chair. You kneel down on all four in front of her and she places her foot on your back. You then open your mouth and she inserts a 1 dollar coin inside. Following that, you vibrate your entire body like a dog trying to dry himself after a shower. This helps to massage her legs.

After 30 mins, she kicks you aside with her high heels and hangs both her heels on your ears.

Weak weak weak. :rolleyes:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
he can make use of his gangster face to become runner for ah long ....or become tau pei kong for illegal business .

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap ... but by the seeds you plant!

Last edited:

Bad New Brown

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nah ... but just tell them that just because they managed to get a 2-bit degree instead of a real one, they shouldn't yayapapaya expect to receive the pay that their real degree peers took 6 years working as a graduate to reach. No, no, no, Mr Zeng, your years as a technician doesn't count when you want to apply for a degree level job.

Please do not look down on people like Mr Zeng. He is down-to-earth people a lot better you everyday creating new clones to whine here :rolleyes:

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like your comments, upz your points.

As for Mr Zeng, not putting him down, frankly, i think he shld get a taxi licence and use it during rainy days. These days, no one can assure
a job is forever.

Please do not look down on people like Mr Zeng. He is down-to-earth people a lot better you everyday creating new clones to whine here :rolleyes:

Bad New Brown

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like your comments, upz your points.

As for Mr Zeng, not putting him down, frankly, i think he shld get a taxi licence and use it during rainy days. These days, no one can assure
a job is forever.

Thanks, I agree with you. Taxi licence help a lot.

As fellow Singaporeans, we should help each other and not putting down someone who is already down.

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP try to sell the idea that if you are jobless, go upgrade, go borrow $30k and get a degree.

Sorry guys the fact is, you will just be 30K more in debt and still jobless.
It's just a smoke screen and delay tactics that many fall for.

I have a colleague, who did just like that, he was so miserable, family suffered, we as friends, countryman & colleagues, could only help what we could.

It took him years to pay back the loan, did not get the 'shangri la' he envisoned, & at the expense of his family who suffered with him. He worked hard with his hands, taking two jobs & whatever part time to elk out the income he needed. In the end that hard work pays off better than his quest for a degree, in which he never found employment at his age...around 40 same as the Zeng guy.

He is much stable now, never found work with his degree, which he slog with his blood sweat & money. You mention the word upgrade to him, he will sprout obscenity, which will make any sailor proud.

Of course, the MIW's will pull of a few STAR SAMPLES to proof that upgrading does wonders for them, believe at your own peril!

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
just approach life with a positive attitude. economy is growing at the fastest rate in the world. i don't believe a person like him cannot find a job. either he is very choosy, his expectations unrealistic or has attitude problem

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
just approach life with a positive attitude. economy is growing at the fastest rate in the world. i don't believe a person like him cannot find a job. either he is very choosy, his expectations unrealistic or has attitude problem

Got job or not? If have, intro to me.

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Agree.

Siow Tien who has a degree in China also humbly being screwed by me, a 69 years old with ''óld people'' smell for $300. :biggrin:

jixiaolan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dun be a hypocrite when you prefer to hire PRC workers. :p

roxygurly

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is a very pitiful singapore man

instead of getting rewarded for his hard work towards an university education , he is jobless and helpless

singapore is seriously a horrible place for hard working people!