• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

HDB to build BTO flats for singles - Happy boh?

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
First they stop building HDBs to cater to potential demands by introducing the BTO scheme, building to actual demands.

Then property prices soared partially due to a supply not being able to keep up with demand and they react by building based on some finger in the air approach.

Now that they project there could potentially be excess units, they'll tweak the rules again to benefit them.

And I predict that all they've done to address Singapore's housing will be a lost cause.

In the very first place, HDBs are built with taxpayer's monies, they should never be allowed to be traded on the open market, sold to PRs or rented out.

Allowing public housing to be traded on the open market especially when supplies are limited will only cause prices to go one way (up) affecting those who are in need of public housing and benefiting those who don't need it. And why should PRs be allowed to purchase public housing? I am not aware of any countries in the world where PRs are entitled to purchase public housing built with taxpayers monies. And also, if you need to rent your unit out, you obviously don't need it or don't need a unit that large hence depriving someone who's in greater need.

Thank you. I share your views on HDB flats not being tradeable in the open market. It will solve many of the problems faced by aspiring homeowners but the agency will take on additional risks and lead to slower accumulation of reserves. Why would a profit maximizing entity want to do that?

jw5

Loyal
Thank you. I share your views on HDB flats not being tradeable in the open market. It will solve many of the problems faced by aspiring homeowners but the agency will take on additional risks and lead to slower accumulation of reserves. Why would a profit maximizing entity want to do that?

Why would we want managers who run the country like a profit maximizing entity? :p

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal
No thank you...

3) New flats are very small and induce claustrophobia. I've been to some housewarming parties... I know.

I wonder what your real life persona be like and what advice would you give to your host in those parties? :biggrin: