• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

HDB never install window grill, 4 yr old falls to death, Minister blames contractor

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: HDB never install window grill, 4 yr old falls to death, Minister blames contract

The husband can demo to the kid that you will die if you fall off window by asking the wife to jump...

like that the kid won't go near windows

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: HDB never install window grill, 4 yr old falls to death, Minister blames contract

Shanmu shud blame HDB for building without grill............. just like building staircase without hand railing

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

If people of their kind had not voted for the PAP, HDB would not have come up policies that cheapens the people life and the iron grills would have been installed. A lot of people who vote for PAP do not see the link as sometime the link is not direct.

I agree with you on this, its all about the lack of accountability. If the people had voted in 20-30 oppo party MPs and if they were on the ball and aggressive, you think MRT can get away with all the breakdowns, or HDB can get away with their pricing, or CPF can be minimum summed until you cannot get your money out? There is no check and balance. HDB has no incentive to improve their product or pricing. That is why they get away with safety defects like that.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Shanmu shud blame HDB for building without grill............. just like building staircase without hand railing

Or Building flats without locks for the door. How come Sham never criticize the lift manufacturer or the contractor who install the lift that severed the hand of the Crassloot supporter lady? Why don't he accuse her of negligence for not getting her hand out of the way?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I agree with you on this, its all about the lack of accountability. If the people had voted in 20-30 oppo party MPs and if they were on the ball and aggressive, you think MRT can get away with all the breakdowns, or HDB can get away with their pricing, or CPF can be minimum summed until you cannot get your money out? There is no check and balance. HDB has no incentive to improve their product or pricing. That is why they get away with safety defects like that.

70% believe in Ownself check Ownself

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

The husband can demo to the kid that you will die if you fall off window by asking the wife to jump...

like that the kid won't go near windows

Why ask the wife? Ask the HDB official to demo themselves or better still the HDB officials can use their own young kids to do the demo.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

to be fair, contractors r no different fr salesman in sim lim square. all con men.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

to be fair, contractors r no different fr salesman in sim lim square. all con men.

This is common known fact, and its even more incentive for the HDB to install it themselves rather then leave it to a flat dwellers contractor.

Faidenk

Alfrescian
Loyal

When I was still free and single, I made a trip to Chiangmai. In a hill tribe village I saw dozens of unattended children, ranging from 2 to 10 years old, playing in a field. At its edge it's a sheer drop down a cliff of maybe 200m. The older ones take care of the younger. The men spent their time smoking opium, the womenfolk work in the fields. No children was ever killed falling off over the cliff, when I asked the village head. It left an deep impression on me.

When I have my kid, we educate him of the danger. We carried him up to look down to satisfy his curiosity so there's no reason for him climb up. So that's that. No problem ever.

I live on a high floor so when relatives come over, a few of them stop bringing their young kids after the first time. Wussies.

That said, it's not the government's job to take care of this. The Minister is an idiot for assuming responsibility, even remotely. So when a kid gets knocked down crossing the road, he starts blaming the contractors for not installing zebra crossings? Falls down the stairs and blame contractors for not installing elevators?

Tehtarik

Alfrescian
Loyal

At the end of the day the parents have no one to blame but themselves for their own negligence. Even if they manage to sue the contractor successfully, it will not bring their son back

Talk cock

Last edited:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

20-30 opposition bastards in parliament would utterly destabilize Singapore to the point of chaos and rampant crime. Foreign investors will also lose confidence in Singapore and pull out, costing us tens of thousands of jobs and losses of billions in the stock market. Sinkies are wise enough to realize all these. That's why they voted in huge numbers for PAP to ensure that Singapore continues to be the oasis of stability and prosperity in a region ruled by juntas, fcuktards and utterly corrupt politicians.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
At the end of the day the parents have no one to blame but themselves for their own negligence. Even if they manage to sue the contractor successfully, it will not bring their son back Talk cock

How stupid are the parents? They left the child alone in the house! Guess the race anyone?