• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hawkers Have No Future? Woman Declines Dating Man Because He Sells Chee Cheong Fun

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hawkers Have No Future? Woman Declines Dating Man Because He Sells Chee Cheong Fun​

When questioned about her relationship status on a dating app, the woman told the man that she is picky when it comes to choosing a boyfriend.

532e49e17779c9e7727b1375580e930b.png

By Ivyna Ong — 22 Jun 2022, 10:39 AM

Cover image via Eatbook & Tantan Confessions Malaysia (Facebook)

A series of screenshots posted on Facebook showing an anonymous conversation of a woman rejecting a man because he works as a hawker has gone viral on Facebook​

Based on the conversation on Tantan, a Chinese online dating app, it is understood that the man works as a hawker selling desserts and chee cheong fun.

The woman, on the other hand, works as a beautician.
Image from Tantan Confessions Malaysia (Facebook)
Image via Tantan Confessions Malaysia (Facebook)

The man proceeded to ask the woman whether she was attached.

"I don't have a boyfriend. If I did, I wouldn't be online getting to know people," she responded.

The guy was curious as to why she was still single, which prompted him to ask about her relationship status. He even jokingly added, "Give a chance to a single man... like me."

The woman said that she does give chances to single men. However, she admitted to being picky when it comes to choosing a boyfriend.

Image from Tantan Confessions Malaysia (Facebook)
Image via Tantan Confessions Malaysia (Facebook)

The woman then declined the man's advances as she does not want someone with "no prospects"​

"I'm looking for a boyfriend with the intention to get married, I don't want to find someone with no prospects, like lorry drivers, Grab [drivers], and hawkers, that kind. I don't want both of us to have no future in life," the bachelorette said.

She also wished that the man would find someone in the future but at the moment, she is only looking for friends and nothing more.

The man understood and told her not to overthink the situation as he regarded the two as just friends.

Image from Tantan Confssions Malaysia (Facebook)
Image via Tantan Confssions Malaysia (Facebook)

The post garnered hundreds of comments, with netizens criticising the woman for having such a mindset​

One netizen said, "My mother used to work as a hawker and she managed to raise five children, and paid for a terraced house."

Image from Facebook
Image via Facebook

Another Facebook user refuted that hawkers have no future, saying, "My friend earns over RM10,000 a month by selling burgers. The hawkers are also very [good]."

Image from Facebook
Image via Facebook

"The hawkers are getting richer than others these days. But the most important thing is to have a good heart," one commented.

Image from Facebook
Image via Facebook

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lesson learnt. Want to date some one above his own leak, hawker must reflect why he wants to be ridiculed. Such is life. :unsure:

TheGreatWhite

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who wants to marry someone then worry about money all the time? Si bei jialat one man. Everyday think about 2veg or 2veg+1 meat for cai png.