• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Have a Good Laugh - hilarious to me !

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Refer to you to Mr Brown's latest find: http://www.mrbrown.com/blog/2010/01...dium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+mrbrown+(mrbrown) which discover this lady blogger kitchen tigress.

I really roll on floor & burst out laughing after reading her blog !

The Gist:-

Keh seow believing OCBC TV Ad that on birthdays, customer get birthday cake, she actually went marine Parade Branch of OCBC to hint & then demand a birthday cake since it's her birthday ! Sibei Tong Buay Teow !

Finally, supervisor explain : ad is ad, ad is to give customer a surprise, NOT for customer to give bank a surprise ! If give you cake now, won't be a surprise ! What logic !

This blogger veri insistent - steady lah. Finally OCBC no choice, ask teller go buy cake from nearby shop. Luckily, this blogger dun insist OCBC staff to sing her birthday song like in the TV Ad!

But she got cheek to ask bank supervisor, can she tell her friends to come get their cake on their birthday ?!

Made my day :biggrin: Read the blog - very funny the way she relates her triumph !

Bravo for Consumer Rights & Misleading Ads !

exgoon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the link.

It's a good one.

Made my day, too..

We need more people like her in Singapore.

Standing up for our rights.. against misleading ads... and promises.

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
This charboh is really one of a kind. I have friends like her. Once they think they are right, they cheong all the way, disregarding what the rest of us think of them.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually the simple truth is : I find the whole prank very funny & comical !

Imagine my shock when I curiously check out the more than 100 comments at her blog.

So many posts condemning her for being 'insensitive','stupid','low life' etc

Jesus! Sinkies REALLY have no sense of humor, like to speak out for principles when there is no freaking need to !

She is just making fun of the ad for got sake & cost of cake to OCBC is negligible - & people can't see the humour in it & make a whole mountain out of molehill !

I believe Mr Brown post in his blog becos he finds it funny - in fact, in the comments at her blog, someone from The New Paper wants to interview her. Shows the news-worthiness of it - that will really give great publicity if it appears in New Paper !

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
it is damn funny,,,,,,,,,,, wonder if the blog is true,,,,

unfortunately me no account with OCBC, if not, can tell the RM to send me a cake,,,, haha

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Found this comment in that blog. Its a killer. How blur can this guy be. "Legally bound"......sheesh.

ykykyk said...
I had a really good laugh reading this :biggrin: What you did was great!

Honestly, when I saw that ad I actually believed that OCBC would give a cake. I'm serious. Or at least give a surprise mini-celebration. Though I wouldn't (have to guts to) demand for one if I didn't get it.

And to all you lame Anons hiding behind your anonymous identities, complaining about 'typical complaining Singaporeans', be aware that companies are legally bound to uphold what they advertise in their advertisements. Which in this case, is a birthday celebration.

Let me put it this way- how disappointed will a consumer be when he saw that ad, signed up with OCBC cos he thought that they will actually bother to celebrate his birthday (you know, aww so sweet of them, they care, I should sign up with OCBC!) only to realise that "it was just an advertisement"?

Let me put it in another way- what if you saw an ad of a laptop, in which it was running the latest Windows 7, went out to buy it, and realised it was loaded with Windows 3.1? Or nothing at all? "It was just an advertisement"?

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
it could be a stunt for kitchen tigress to drive traffic to her blog. whatever it is, she is the first to try this kind of things so good for her.

kensington

Alfrescian
Loyal
Funny.

Too bad most Singaporeans don't have a sense of humour.
Maybe it's time to demand the Swiss' living standard that was promised.