• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hatyai Lee Gardens Hotel Explosion!

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
so what about chonburific's comment about them bombing pattaya cos of the many farangs since it doesn't really involve them cos the reason for their attacks is independence from thailand. Now making the nations those farangs come from hating them doesn't really seem a smart thing to do.

Didn't you read preceding posts. Budget. Budget not enough, how to strike up northward? Osama bin Laden was dead the last I've heard. Has the billionnaire resurrected?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Didn't you read preceding posts. Budget. Budget not enough, how to strike up northward? Osama bin Laden was dead the last I've heard. Has the billionnaire resurrected?

ah i see i forgot that pattaya is in the central i thought it was slightly south of bkk.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That place full of the invaders mah like those thais. Anyway do u think the mudland govt aids them covertly?

If the above is true about them assisting these cowards, then their own end (that of UMNO dominance) is not that far off.

With the recent Cows & Condos scandals and many other past and akan datang scandals, the time for their end is near.

Malaysia would become a Nation for All and not just for the UMNO people.

I don't understand why Thailand should attack Cambodia. They should send their army down from the South and into Malaysia where they can liberate all the other communities.

A nation that is bankrupt have the cheek to aid religious zealots and fanatics in a country like Thailand, which respects all other faiths.

Hope like Singapura in 1965, Sabah and Sarawak should break-off from Malaysia.

Then Singapore, Sabah and Sarawak can form the United States of S-Cube (Singapore, Sarawak and Sabah).

The newly-formed Nation of S-Cube can become close to a secular Indonesia

We will watch the decay of Malaysia
Shame on you, Malaysia.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why doesn't mudland want them back?

Did you know that were if not for the british treaty i think a few more malaysian states would be under thai rule.

There was a time when even Johor was under the rule of the Siamese (Thailand).
Thailand should re-claim these lands from Malaysia

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[/U]

There was a time when even Johor was under the rule of the Siamese (Thailand).
Thailand should re-claim these lands from Malaysia

There was a time Thailand ruled the entire SEA peninsula from Chiangmai to Singapore. It was disrupted by Burmese invasion into Thailand and all the way to the sacking of Ayuthaya forcing the shifting of capital to Bangkok and retreat of all forces south back to north to defend against and repel the Burmese. The Thais weren't really interested in Malaya anyway, overstretching resources when most of the land and people were unproductive and there was nothing much to profit from until they regretted too late when the British came and introduced industrialised ways of mining and plantation harvesting.

The Burmese were in cohort with the British by then. They'd rather sell out their whole country as a colony as long as the British help them fight the Thais. The British played along half-heartedly but happily, never really helped Burma to invade Thailand whilst at the same time taking over Malaya and Singapore. Then splitting the loot with their good friends the Dutch who were allowed to take over Indonesia since British were smart enough not to overstretch too.

Last edited:

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There was a time Thailand ruled the entire SEA peninsula from Chiangmai to Singapore. It was disrupted by Burmese invasion into Thailand and all the way to the sacking of Ayuthaya forcing the shifting of capital to Bangkok and retreat of all forces south back to north to defend against and repel the Burmese. The Thais weren't really interested in Malaya anyway, overstretching resources when most of the land and people were unproductive and there was nothing much to profit from until they regretted too late when the British came and introduced industrialised ways of mining and plantation harvesting.

The Burmese were in cohort with the British by then. They'd rather sell out their whole country as a colony as long as the British help them fight the Thais. The British played along half-heartedly but happily, never really helped Burma to invade Thailand whilst at the same time taking over Malaya and Singapore. Then splitting the loot with their good friends the Dutch who were allowed to take over Indonesia since British were smart enough not to overstretch too.

Thanks Ramseth. Very informative.

Your historical knowledge is superb and so is the way you write your English

As a young student, I had all along enjoyed History and Literature as my favourite subjects

There was this two particular history books, "History of Malaya" by Joginder Singh Jessy and History of the Commonwealth (cannot remember author, maybe Angus Maciver) which had lots of information on Malaya, the Region and Commonwealth.

Decades ago I gave it away to some needy students.

Where can I get it today?

jw5

Loyal
Saw on CNA that there are about 6 Singaporeans staying in the hotel, but apparently they are all well.
Hope that they are not named, especially if they are there to chiong. :biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
According to the news it was a car bomb that was parked in the under ground car park. I didn't even know that Lee Gardens had a car park:eek:

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Doen't matter lah. Old men always talk like that one lah. They try to treasure the time left and opportunities, so they will talk and tell you what they want to say, not necessary what you asked.

So sumtime, some forummers also don't know what ah ram is talking about or in response to si mi:o:p

ah we're talking about pattaya ok.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Choose one:

1. Was passing by and need to use the toilet.

2. Was passing by and had some food there.

3. Brought a client there.

4. Was passing by, had a headache and needed to take a nap there.

5. Har!:eek: This place got chiong one meh:confused::o

Applicable when kenna caught in geylang also.

Saw on CNA that there are about 6 Singaporeans staying in the hotel, but apparently they are all well.
Hope that they are not named, especially if they are there to chiong. :biggrin:

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I was in Phuket yesterday and was thinking of going to Hat Yai as I have not been there for almost 10 years. Now dare not go liao!

Heng, never kanna bomb in Phuket. I was actually staying in Puket Town but drove by Patong to look see.

Last edited:

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
From Thai news!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iS3BtpcM6Rs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks Ramseth. Very informative.

Your historical knowledge is superb and so is the way you write your English

As a young student, I had all along enjoyed History and Literature as my favourite subjects

There was this two particular history books, "History of Malaya" by Joginder Singh Jessy and History of the Commonwealth (cannot remember author, maybe Angus Maciver) which had lots of information on Malaya, the Region and Commonwealth.

Decades ago I gave it away to some needy students.

Where can I get it today?

Thanks for the compliments. For the book, you can try shop at Kinokuniya or search at Amazon. I think I've seen it some years ago. MPH in Singapore is quite dead but MPH in Malaysia is still quite alive and carries quite a selection of Malayan history books. I keep sets of volumes in sixes, nines or twelves imported from Britain in my mini home library. These would give you full details but would take years to finish reading too. I don't think you want to spend years in my home.

Back to the point. Many people didn't know that in the colonial expansion era, Britain and Holland were allies against France. The cause was of the Napoleonic wars. The offshoot from the British-Dutch alliance profiting from global colonisation can be still seen in the traces of British East India Company (covering India, Burma and Malaya) and Dutch East India Company (covering Indonesia). They invented and pioneered MNCs. Their offshoots can still be seen today, if one looks, e.g. Shell and Unilever, both are still among the biggest MNCs in the world and both are still British-Dutch joint ventures. The Dutch royal family are cousins to the British.

Sir Stamford Raffles came to this part of the world not to discover or found Singapore. He was sent here as Governor of Java as rights to half of Java had been earlier given over to Holland in exchange for New Amsterdam (now known as New York) but the British still retained rights to the other half, i.e. shared rights.

He then accidentally sailed past Singapore and discovered its potential. Later with the colonisation of Singapore and Malaya, then did the British decided, might as well give over the whole of Java to Holland to become Dutch East Indies (now Indonesia) since with India, Burma, Malaya and Singapore, they themselves were already fully stretched. The British still had Australia, this strategically bracketing Indonesia in case Holland got attacked or Holland renegaded on the alliance.

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Come to think of it the thais were actually pretty good in the expansion of their empire. From some small tribe know as the the dai in southern china to an empire of today ruled by a king of the chakri dynasty.

Burma today is one of the poorest nations of the world. Still under severe military dictatorship and ppl that suffer alot. The burmese fucked it up compared to the thais.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Come to think of it the thais were actually pretty good in the expansion of their empire. From some small tribe know as the the dai in southern china to an empire of today ruled by a king of the chakri dynasty.

Burma today is one of the poorest nations of the world. Still under severe military dictatorship and ppl that suffer alot. The burmese fucked it up compared to the thais.

Thais began as southern Chinese Tai and Yunnan minority migrating southward to evade dynastic politics in China that they couldn't possibly deal with given their numbers against ancient Han Chinese. Burma too, but the Burmese mostly came from southern Chinese Shan tribes. The Tai and Shan rivalry originated long ago in China.

The second wave into Thailand came in medieval era with Teochew, already distinctively a dialect of Han Chinese. Thailand warded off colonisation by British from south and west and by French from north and east. The only uncolonised country in SEA history. Thai girls may seem to love farangs for their money and the good life they can supposedly provide. However, given equal chance and equal dollars, a Thai or Chinese would beat the farang to a Thai girl's heart anytime.

Thai men also welcome tourist and immigration dollars but won't give a damn or blink if they have to beat up or kill a farang. Neither do Thai police or judges.

Last edited:

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Passing by the place during the overseas journey, cannot meh:confused:

Must learn to be creative........one thousand dollars household income can buy hdb leow........whatelse is impossible:confused:

Hatyai Lee Gardens Hotel Fire can only use this one.
Too far to say go there to use toilet.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Passing by the place during the overseas journey, cannot meh:confused:

Must learn to be creative........one thousand dollars household income can buy hdb leow........whatelse is impossible:confused:

Sorry friend, I think you've missed the point and lost the plot entirely. Read it this way. Households with incomes less than S$1K each are being asked to buy instead of rent. And so-called buying is just leasing, commuting 99 years of annual property value into 30 years instalments to pay government upfront, with ineterests.

Last edited: