• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Gruesome accident at Tampines St 45 T JUNCTION - RIP

M

Mdm Tang

Bro ,

its Over .

the answers are there ( their Silence ) .

i am out of here . :(

This accident could have happened in any part of Singapore!
Actually Tampines is supposed to be a safer place for someone to cycle because they can share the walking path with pedestrians.
All other parts of Singapore is an offence to cycle on walking paths.

A few months ago TP and police kept conducting operations to catch cyclists near my place.
The walking path there is very wide almost 3m and has very few Pedestrians thruout the day.
But the police did not care.
They even stop a father cycling his daughter to school.
The TP took down his particulars and warned him that he would be fined the next time.
Told him to either push his bicycle on the path or RIDE on the road!
That road has only 2 lanes and is full of heavy vehicles and cars.
So the LTA and TP rather you die on the road then think of ways to make it safer for everyone. :confused:

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal
<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=10151374366989573" width="352" height="288" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Francis Yap, father of 2 brothers killed in the horrific accident at Tampines, has a message for drivers:

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal
What exactly is the purpose of these dumbfuck condolence messages in this forum????. I thought only politicians needed to "wayang".:rolleyes:

If you want to show your concern and help the family, do it in the real world with real money.

I assume our host have no kids of his own or even nieces/nephews.

Nothing wrong in grieving first before taking action if any.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why is the government siding with motorists on this issue? It is time for action. They can pass a law to increase penalty for traffic violations contributing/responsible for deaths in a week if there is the desire to side with the common people.

Last edited:

MBSSUX

here the law is full of sh!t. kill someone and at most a few months and 1-2 years ban. give me a break.

when you have 8 million people cramped into this little red dot, expect more of such deaths everday.

As the population grows more unhappiness will arise. Therefore, we as commoners are being screwed everyday.

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
both incident...including last week PIE lorry lan gar the female motorcyclist involved blind spot.
trust me.
is the bloody blind spot.
dont rely too much on the mini blind spot mirror.
turning your head is the traditional and relaible way

dont believed,see the video again and again at the PIE.
the lan gar happened during the turning corneing point where the lorry driver lose track of the road maker.when he relised that he is out of road maker, he quickly stir back to be on course , forgetting to check his left blind spot

80% of all accident happen at junction box and 1st land.

13 years ago my instructer fuck me for changing lanes at junction box.
untill today i still remenber this life saving rule.

Last edited:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Which country in the world that a fatal road accident gets death sentence?? You want Singapore to be the first?? If this law really pass through, I don't know how many people on line will scold and blame the government again...

This law would bother only errant drivers. For the majority of majority, it will remind them the responsibility of driving with care for other users of the road. You can still be involved in an accident, just make sure that your mistake is not fatal to someone else.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why is the government siding with motorists on this issue? It is time for action. They can pass a law to increase penalty for traffic violations contributing/responsible for deaths in a week if there is the desire to side with the common people.
Because all the policy makers are professionals with at least one car. Most MPs have two cars, one luxury and one japanese cheap car for Meet The Peasants sessions.

JuliaScissors

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mediacorp should consider running some educational ads round safe driving for drivers and road safety for other road users.
These things could be taken for granted and the ads would help in raising awareness once in a while.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mediacorp should consider running some educational ads round safe driving for drivers and road safety for other road users.
These things could be taken for granted and the ads would help in raising awareness once in a while.
No need. AGC just need to charge a few reckless drivers for manslaughter, and immediately everyone is a safe driver. Just like the underage prostitute case.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have seen those at Tuas, clock more than 85, plus all the huge tipper truck, the container trucks, 20ft & 40ft... you be amaze how fast they can run...if you see they drive in line & like snails out on a walk... you would know that "pek tau kok" around..if not, it formula x time!!

This reckless, careless and dangerous drivers of heavy vehicles have forgotten about the law of physics.

If the speeding prime mover with trailer attached is going to jam on the brakes, what happens?

If a lorry laden with items is gonna jam on it's brakes, what happens?

In early 1970's, I witnessed an accident at the traffic-light junction of Ang Mo Kio Avenue 1 and Upper Thomson Road. A speeding truck, laden with round metal bars (used as concrete-reinforcements) jammed on the brakes at the traffic lights. The sudden reduction in speed caused the metal bars to lunge forward. It pierced the driver's cabin compartment where he was impaled like a butterfly. He was still alive with people trying to help him but there was little that could be done as the metal rods entered his back, came out from the front chest and further pierced the dash-board. He died a slow painful death.

So my dear, Halsey02, I am not being a sadist. One day such a thing may happen to those giant "road-runners" on the West-Coast H'way, Pioneer Road, Tuas and other expressways.

One need not be a Stephen Hawking to know about the work of physics in motion. Personal recklessness can give a direct answer.

JuliaScissors

Alfrescian
Loyal
No need. AGC just need to charge a few reckless drivers for manslaughter, and immediately everyone is a safe driver. Just like the underage prostitute case.

That doesnt help in educating children about road safety. You know how children are like, e.g., running on walkways, looking at phone while crossing, not watching out for traffic from all directions, etc.

Last edited:

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
That doesnt help in educating children about road safety. You know how children are like, e.g., running on walkways, looking at phone while crossing, not watching out for traffic from all directions, etc.
Adult drivers will wise up and drive carefully if the penalty is sufficiently heavy. On the other hand, children are children, their brains are not fully developed and people just have to allow them to grow up in a safe environment. Having vehicles speeding around with little regard to other road users is not what people expect of a first world nation.

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal
<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/f3nkZ3von_s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The New Paper goes to the site of the crash - the junction of Tampines Ave 9 and St 45, to find out how many motorists beat the red light in 45 minutes.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Adult drivers will wise up and drive carefully if the penalty is sufficiently heavy. On the other hand, children are children, their brains are not fully developed and people just have to allow them to grow up in a safe environment. Having vehicles speeding around with little regard to other road users is not what people expect of a first world nation.

Sad but true. Sei Hao Hai Alamaking no medicine save......LOL

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
The New Paper goes to the site of the crash - the junction of Tampines Ave 9 and St 45, to find out how many motorists beat the red light in 45 minutes.
I guess this video more or less shuts the mouth of all those pointing the fingers at the dead brothers. The number and proportion of horrible drivers are simply staggering. Traffic police and AGC must act now and invoke much harsher punishment.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
both incident...including last week PIE lorry lan gar the female motorcyclist involved blind spot.
trust me.
is the bloody blind spot.
dont rely too much on the mini blind spot mirror.
turning your head is the traditional and relaible way

dont believed,see the video again and again at the PIE.
the lan gar happened during the turning corneing point where the lorry driver lose track of the road maker.when he relised that he is out of road maker, he quickly stir back to be on course , forgetting to check his left blind spot

80% of all accident happen at junction box and 1st land.

13 years ago my instructer fuck me for changing lanes at junction box.
untill today i still remenber this life saving rule.

You're spewing a load of crap. What blind spot you talking about? I've been driving 35 years and why I no accident, why no blind spot?
Who the fuck teaches you to buy those fucking mini blind spot mirror? Are you fucking gay??