• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Greedy lawyer $25,000 a month not enough

downgrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_505057.html

The Straits Times
www.straitstimes.com
Singapore
Home > Breaking News > Singapore > Story
Mar 22, 2010
Ex-lawyer jailed for forgery
By Khushwant Singh

Lim inflated his monthly pay from $25,000 to $65,000 when he moved from international law firm DLAS to Duane Morris LLP in January 2007. -- ST PHOTO: ALPHONSUS CHERN

TO GET a higher salary, a lawyer inflated his monthly pay from $25,000 to $65,000 when he moved from international law firm DLAS to Duane Morris LLP in January 2007.

The forged payslip was discovered by his former colleagues checking the electronic records stored in the firm's computer server. On Monday, Rudy Lim, 37, was jailed two months for forgery.

He is appealing against the conviction and sentence and is out on $80,000 bail furnished by his father

District Judge Jill Tan found him guilty on March 12 after a
three-day trial. At the sentencing on Monday, the judge said that as a lawyer, Lim should have realised the gravity of making a fraudulent document and providing false information.

However, she noted that he had been punished in other aspects. He lost his job from March to May 2007, and was struck off from the roll of solicitors in the United Kingdom.

Lim, who was born in Indonesia, became a Singapore citizen in 1991. For forgery, he could be jailed for up to seven years and fined.

Tiu Kwang Yew

Alfrescian
Loyal
you forget something----first world sinkapore.

if use pay yardstick from PAP govt, the lawyer should be around $100, 000 per month.

first world govt, first world lawyer.

donch believe? ask Ah Tong ---the swiss standard.

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sometimes, retribution comes fast for those deservedly blessed.

He might get into bigger trouble like esconding with clients' monies or other bigger crimes if he gets away with this one.

Now if he is smart enough to get himself connected with the network while in jail, he could be looking at providing lucrative legal advisory work when he exit from jail to ex-cons who wants to start doing legal businesses.

No amount is ever enough for those who cannot live within their means.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Talking about Singapore Lwayers,are they trustworthy? Recently, heard a secondary friend whose wife is a lawyer, fucking another man behind my friend's back. It was the first time, my friend forgave her and took her back. Second time round,again get caught fucking with the same man again. This time,my friend divorced her. He became a heavy drinker and smoker after that. sigh...

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Good quote of the day ....

Another variant:-

No salary is high enough to reflect the sense of self-worth & value of a megalomaniac.... :biggrin:

High achievers' theory: the pay must reflect my value mah .... :eek:

Yo Prata! - kosong dua, bawang tamoh ?

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When look for a job now, don't overstate your pay. the HR department people will do check with your last employer.
its funny now they are so strict. Last time when thousand of Ft come with fake CV they didn't catch.

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
"...This time,my friend divorced her. He became a heavy drinker and smoker after that. sigh.."

Don't get it, why should your friend self-destruct? Even if he is an old cow there are plenty of young tender grass around.

Talking about Singapore Lwayers,are they trustworthy? Recently, heard a secondary friend whose wife is a lawyer, fucking another man behind my friend's back. It was the first time, my friend forgave her and took her back. Second time round,again get caught fucking with the same man again. This time,my friend divorced her. He became a heavy drinker and smoker after that. sigh...

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

hi there

1. bingo, the other thing is that it does not mean that million-dollar salaried there is zero corruption hoh!
2. even though all sheep are white sheep man!

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think my friend was utterly disappointed. If not,he will not have forgiven her for the first time.

"...This time,my friend divorced her. He became a heavy drinker and smoker after that. sigh.."

Don't get it, why should your friend self-destruct? Even if he is an old cow there are plenty of young tender grass around.

G

General Veers

b5-1.jpg

Rudy Lim was sentenced to two months' jail. He is now out on bail. -- ST FILE PHOTO