• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Great move to have this moderated folder!

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is Sam going to give each member original or moderated status and they can not cross boundary?

youtalkcock

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Yes good work from Sam. I am expecting YPAP, PAP IB, civil servants, offsprings of MIWs and their likes to post POSITIVE SG NEWS and SMEAR OTHER COUNTRIES NEWS here since "LAW & ORDER" is what they preach. :biggrin:

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I suppose this place will be good for some nice discussions without the likes of tonychat and clinton666 to disrupt the threads. Therefore any thread starter who does not want to see his thread disappear into oblivion should make it here and one on the other unmoderated that most likely will see a lot of m&d slinging, free-for-all.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We only get to moderate such a small area, like a ghetto. I doubt the whole forum as a whole will benefit. Like building a small garden in mumbai slum.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
We only get to moderate such a small area, like a ghetto. I doubt the whole forum as a whole will benefit. Like building a small garden in mumbai slum.

Cultivate it well and it could well end up as the most successful section ever. It's in the hands of the moderators. Now's the time to show some mettle.

Last edited by a moderator:

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
OK OK lah, i doubt it will work, but let try it out.

I think it will work as what is important are the thread starters. If participants begin throwing stones at each other with garbage, then the thread starter will move it here. It will not be the case if the thread starter is inviting participants to begin throwing garbage as much as they want.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think it will work as what is important are the thread starters. If participants begin throwing stones at each other with garbage, then the thread starter will move it here. It will not be the case if the thread starter is inviting participants to begin throwing garbage as much as they want.

will not work, the regular will never post here, maybe new members? who knows. The main coffeeshop is most popular place, attempts to move to other folders has failed in the past.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This move is like the movie ratings....everyone who can choose would want to see the original uncensored R rated version.

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
will not work, the regular will never post here, maybe new members? who knows. The main coffeeshop is most popular place, attempts to move to other folders has failed in the past.

True, the regular posters are pretty much hardcore that supports freedom without any restrain or are addicted to this forum.

What will be more interesting is the other users of this forum, the non-members which makes up more then 90% of the viewership. These should be your targeted group. Stay positive.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sorry...but what is the difference between this and the courtyard gdn...one is castrated the other is not?

LOL

so what happened if one post something "forbidden" here...he genna infracted & the post deleted?

Just wanna know the rules ...LOL

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sorry...but what is the difference between this and the courtyard gdn...one is castrated the other is not?

LOL

Same rules will apply except no stalking, spamming or excessive profanity, an XX ( not XXX)

so what happened if one post something "forbidden" here...he genna infracted & the post deleted?

Just wanna know the rules ...LOL

Same rules will apply except no stalking, spamming or excessive profanity, an XX ( not XXX) folder. Infractions as usual by members and mods alike.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wow windsor, you are so free? Hard at work. I went out with friends for dinner and watch wu xia, so very busy yesterday. Do you think i should put threads with photographs and news or just discussion only?

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wow windsor, you are so free? Hard at work. I went out with friends for dinner and watch wu xia, so very busy yesterday. Do you think i should put threads with photographs and news or just discussion only?

haha yeah busy to keep this going. So far quite good as more are coming and contributing. Actually this is just a mirror folder, can post anything you want except not those like clinton666 or tonychat type.

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Same rules will apply except no stalking, spamming or excessive profanity, an XX ( not XXX) folder. Infractions as usual by members and mods alike.

Yes, I think you guys should stick with these only, at least for now.

I don't understand why SingVeld needs to go after the OA, and zaps out his clones. It's really unwarranted and I think he over steps his moderation as that affects all other forums that OA wishes to post, isn't it?

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
haha yeah busy to keep this going. So far quite good as more are coming and contributing. Actually this is just a mirror folder, can post anything you want except not those like clinton666 or tonychat type.

Disagree with you. If they make a decent post in this forum, and is not spamming, it should be left alone.

About clinton666.

This guy is highly sophisticated. If you were to make a poll whether his is pro-opposition or pro-pap, you are likely to get 30/70 or even closer to a balance 50/50.

Secondly, he has an accute sense of humour which is what this forum needs.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Disagree with you. If they make a decent post in this forum, and is not spamming, it should be left alone.

About clinton666.

This guy is highly sophisticated. If you were to make a poll whether his is pro-opposition or pro-pap, you are likely to get 30/70 or even closer to a balance 50/50.

Secondly, he has an accute sense of humour which is what this forum needs.

If he removes the profanities yes, but we cannot accept the knnccb and talking about the private parts of the mothers of members. The content may be good but not the spewing of filth.

I like clinton666 btw.

applei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why cant the original folder be a moderated folder, but needs a separate folder as a moderated room?

It doesnt make much sense, and personally I prefer the original, unmoderated. Or is that a temporary measure?!
Nonetheless it is confusing even if it is a tiny effort to refrain from posting new threads into that moderated forum due to its readers size :biggrin:

As far as I read from some related posts regarding moderation here and there, it is about some clones or some members hounding another or scolding vulgarities on the loose. If the mods may moderate those few clowns ONLY by passing restrictions ranging from 24 to 72 hours' ban from response or posting into the forums, that hopefully may "alert or tinkle" them that their recent forum behaviour has not gained favour within the forum community, and hopefully they may adjust themselves if they like to continue sharing their views in there. If those clowns continue to behave not towards the community rules of the forum, then permanently ban those ID, which is just too bad.

Each community has their rules, they are no such things as no rules. With due respects, do not harm another, be it by words, or threats or whatever. I am no expert in this area and is also learning over the years. However, I come from another forum which is totally nice and sweet, people shares willingly and offer ideas and advice readily. People offers sympathies, empathies when there are a need to. No slamming at al, the only exception for slamming was when someone finds another doing something unethically, for the purpose of alerting the rest of that community or groups. Nonetheless, the way the slams go are still polite though they can be harsh. Basic respects and courtesies are found within, the only difference is it is an international based.

Every one has their life, it is sad (or maybe feeling neutral or bochap) that how one is too assuming about a matter even if it may seems to be so. Why is the person behaving this way and doing that, what is that person behaving that way towards the person whom was doing that. Even more so if one does not know that other person.

Probably a decade or more ago, there are folks whom choose to do things virtual because of the things that cant be gotten or done in real life,
But more than 10 years after and now, what can be read, found, watched in the virtual world can be easily replicated in real life.

Of course people cannot be changed, but ask those clowns are they behaving that way when they are with their colleagues or friends or family folks? If they are not, then there is no positive reasons for them to behave like no other in a virtual community isnt it? If they want to, then too bad, permanent ban.

Alright, allow my rant, and I do try to go by this liner "Sometimes it’s what you don’t say that counts".

Last edited: