• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Grace Fu not happy with pay cuts.

RandomMonkey

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I made the decision to join politics in 2006, pay was not a key factor. Loss of privacy, public scrutiny on myself and my family and loss of personal time were. The disruption to my career was also an important consideration. I had some ground to believe that my family would not suffer a drastic change in the standard of living even though I experienced a drop in my income. So it is with this recent pay cut. If the balance is tilted further in the future, it will make it harder for any one considering political office.

Posted on PAP MP Grace Fu's facebook page.

How come it is not a problem for Chen Show Mao? As Managing Partner of Davis Polk & Wardwell, he would be earning minimum $4 million USD per annum (and very likely more). Now, he is earning $15,000 per month as an ordinary MP.

How many PAP MPs think like Grace Fu.. will they be experiencing a 'drastic change in their family's standard of living'?

Are we going to see many of them resign or step down after 2016 due to this?

Does PAP have any more ideas (besides high pay) when it comes to recruitment? Does this mean that we will see more sub-standard candidates around the same standard of TPL in the PAP line-up during the 2016 election?