• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Govt has not properly formed yet, the effect of the hammer is already felt

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/singaporescene/gov-t-aims-raise-income-across-board-pm-123356074.html

Given the external international environment, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong says the government's overriding priority now is to improve the lives of its citizens.
Speaking at the 30th anniversary conference of the Government of Singapore Investment Corporation on Monday, PM Lee said that it is also their objective to raise income across the board, even though it is challenging for many countries in this era of globalisation and rapid technological change.
"We are interested in per capita GDP and not just total GDP and we want to improve incomes across the board and that includes the middle income households and the lower income households at the lower end," he said.
To achieve this, Mr Lee said the workforce must "upgrade productivity than just go for expansion, and that means very challenging tasks in the next ten years."
This can be achieved by upgrading productivity through re-training of current workers and education of future workers so that they will be "job ready and deployable", and the restructuring of Singapore's industries.
Elaborating on the bigger picture, Mr Lee said Singapore must first grow the economy by staying plugged into the world by attracting investments and talent, encouraging local enterprises to diversify, expand and move abroad.
The government will also transform and upgrade the economy because it cannot grow simply by increasing the workforce indefinitely.
Other ways include buffering it against volatility by accumulating adequate reserves and maintaining political support for policies which benefit Singaporeans.
Mr Lee acknowledged in his speech that it is not easy for Singaporeans to cope with rapid changes as the overall standards of living are rising and that his 'newly elected PAP government has its work cut out for it.'

mscitw

Alfrescian
Loyal
Arse Loong is bluffing peasants.

It is easier and cheaper to adopt Bargain Hen's strategy of importing vast numbers of cheap labour inputs to boost GDP. This is the KPI for minions and lackeys who will peg their pay to the GDP rates. Nobody will care a hoot about peasants who pay a high price for ruthless growth.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Most of us felt that MOM is the cause of influx of FT. Is MOM the initiator of such scheme. I thought the request for more FT would come from ministries such as MTI... and MOM is only the administrator. Can somebody enlighten me.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Most of us felt that MOM is the cause of influx of FT. Is MOM the initiator of such scheme. I thought the request for more FT would come from ministries such as MTI... and MOM is only the administrator. Can somebody enlighten me.

PAP so like analogy I gibe them wanna. I got gun and pull trigger as I only administrator of policy. Not my pasah. So what is perm sec doing? Sleeping?

DollarsNoSense

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyoh, only for a brief weeks or so you will hear all these transformation talks, after the post-election feelings has faded, the PAP HAMMER will start to fall on everyone of us again. :biggrin:

shitonleeky

Alfrescian
Loyal
He's only talk cock sing song.

He will pronounce that everything is in order after the party has gone thru with its 'review'. Then Singaporeans will be screwed harder.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just one Foreign Ministers voted out will not effect on Singapore policy. So many PAP candidate as MP if cannot manage to find a replacement then is a laughing matter. Still want to ask for shadow cabinet from opposition which only 6 member parliament.

Strike

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe everything will back to be hell soon. The PAP will soon return to its usual self of making us Pay And Pay. It has been like this for decades. How to change things in a week?

Unless we have 20+ opposition MPs in parliament. That would kick out most of the useless Ministers and force a reform.
6 is just barely enough to talk. Wad to do? 60% of Stinkaporeans no balls.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i know singapore dollars going to fall, hdb flats going to fall, more jobs for FT, and inflation going way up, while salary go down.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
He didnt mention that the govt needs to rethink and define new economic sectors. Much talk was given to the knowledge industry, the knowledge economy some years back. No breakthru seems to have come out of all the past economic strategic review committees.

I agree with TJS that mfg shud not continue to be at 25% of GDP, a la hard mfg, like wafer fab a la Ho Ching bullshit besides service sector. We shd hv a 3rd pillar and break into new sectors like the creative indsutries, software development, gaming programming etc. Why dont the PAP take a look? Just cos it's not invented here syndrome?

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP so like analogy I gibe them wanna. I got gun and pull trigger as I only administrator of policy. Not my pasah. So what is perm sec doing? Sleeping?

Mee Siam Mai hum, 'hold the gun, the wife pulls the rigger', hit the wrong target, blame it on the wind...or the manufacturer of the gun & bullet...at the eand of the day, the misfired firer, gets away with 'murder'!....the Leopard never changes its spots.

patrickv

Alfrescian
Loyal
turncoat blackheart vivian already said pap policies nothing wrong, except the communication part which could have been better. meaning : we are still bringing that 900k foreign trash whether u like it or not. except this time we try to talk to u nicely but end of day the trash are still coming.

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I may not be an econmics expert, but isn't per capita GDP simply Total GDP divided by total population? Isn't it still almost no difference with Total GDP? They just keep importing the white collared FT and per capita GDP still go up right?

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Listen to what VB say. He say gahmen policy is right but need to communicate properly. If he is true saying it means PAP is not changing policy, it is going to tell in harder to accept it. Either VB is saying wrong thing or he sabo PM Lee now saying a different thing.

eQuipment

Alfrescian
Loyal
knn!!! last time they make us PAY AND PAY, then during GE, PM APOLOGIZE PUBLICLY, then now, PRETEND AMMEND POLICIES... surely the 60% of voters enjoy having their a**hole poked over & over & over & over again.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
they better wake up their idea, if their support rate carry on to drop. no matter how they play with the GRC system, they will fall. GRC is either you win big or lose big as mentioned by many.