• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Government Blindly Set Minimum Wage For FTs, Companies Will Just Pay Them More!

TerrexLee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I felt the need to write in to you guys, hope that you will share my views. Recently I have been seeing a lot of self-assured FTs of a particular nationality boasting online about their pay here. This is one example:

Indians-in-Singapore.jpg

Look at how they can boast about being able to pay their home loan in 2 years? While Singaporeans have to take 25 years to pay our HDB loan? Another guy here boasts about how Singapore offered him a job that pays $196k a year.

Indians-in-Singapore2.jpg

Look at the type of housing they can afford, $2500-3000/month for a 1 bedroom apartment.

The PAP tried to appease Singaporeans by saying that they will increase the minimum wage to make it more competitive and harder for them to come in. I want to argue that this doesn’t work. The companies that want to hire them will just pay them more, and they have many reasons for that.

ceca_india_singapore_foreign_immigration_0.jpg

Speaking from personal experience, I once worked at a company whose upper management are all of Indian-origin. Some of them are PR/SC already, but they are first generation. The habit of hiring from their own people remains, and because they have converted to PR/SC, they have the leeway to hire more foreigners.

Imposing minimum wage will not stop them from hiring more people from their hometown. All they need to do is to pay a bit more. CNA said “The minimum qualifying salary for new EP applicants will go up to S$5,000 from the current S$4,500. In the financial services sector, this amount will go up to S$5,500 from the current S$5,000.” However, this $500 difference is really nothing to them. They would rather pay their own people this amount than hire a Singaporean and pay their CPF.

I left the company already, because I felt like a minority. They always talk to each other in their own language and keep me out of their unofficial gatherings, but this is a story for next time.

I’m not saying no to people who can really contribute to our economy, but EP holders are not it.​

The point is, the government is obviously just setting this minimum wage to try to shut us up for a while. But Singaporeans are smarter than that! What they need to do is to set a maximum wage for EP applicants. For those who already are earning a substantial amount and can truly contribute to our economy, they have the Singapore Entrepreneur Pass scheme they can apply for instead!

In fact, this EntrePass is enough, because it recognizes entrepreneurs (with a proper track record), innovators, and investors. These are the types of talent we want in our country. Not someone holding an EP whose job should really be given to a Singaporean instead!

EP holders don’t add value to our society. They are not bringing in money, nor are they bringing in any skills. Worst still, they are so arrogant and self-assured, scolding our security guards and acting like our rules don’t matter to them.

I’ve had enough of dealing with these EP holders.

Exasperated Singaporean,
Jerrell

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look at how they can boast about being able to pay their home loan in 2 years?
What kind of home loan they talking about ? Sgd8.5k per mth can pay up pte property in 2.5years ? Even they are converted shitizens also not possible for a hdb 3 room flat. Gong lj wei

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
We say too many foreigners, they increase minimum salary which increases tax. We say traffics jams are bad, they increase ERP. We say times are tough, they increase GST. I think we should all just keep quiet and try to solve our own problem.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ukraine war exposed Bharat ah nehs are everywhere and study woohhh... so talent to study and in Russian language....

Truly crocoaches can populate anywhere.....

Ahneh has low logical thinking skill and can still get jobs need logical thinking skills?

Asked one ahneh what happen after death he can say enlightenment lifestyle after death....

Hey...er... that's not logical thinking, he not dead yet can tell you will live an enlightenment life style after death...

ChanRasjid

Alfrescian
Loyal
I felt the need to write in to you guys, hope that you will share my views. Recently I have been seeing a lot of self-assured FTs of a particular nationality boasting online about their pay here. This is one example:

Indians-in-Singapore.jpg

Look at how they can boast about being able to pay their home loan in 2 years? While Singaporeans have to take 25 years to pay our HDB loan? Another guy here boasts about how Singapore offered him a job that pays $196k a year.

Indians-in-Singapore2.jpg

Look at the type of housing they can afford, $2500-3000/month for a 1 bedroom apartment.

The PAP tried to appease Singaporeans by saying that they will increase the minimum wage to make it more competitive and harder for them to come in. I want to argue that this doesn’t work. The companies that want to hire them will just pay them more, and they have many reasons for that.

ceca_india_singapore_foreign_immigration_0.jpg

Speaking from personal experience, I once worked at a company whose upper management are all of Indian-origin. Some of them are PR/SC already, but they are first generation. The habit of hiring from their own people remains, and because they have converted to PR/SC, they have the leeway to hire more foreigners.

Imposing minimum wage will not stop them from hiring more people from their hometown. All they need to do is to pay a bit more. CNA said “The minimum qualifying salary for new EP applicants will go up to S$5,000 from the current S$4,500. In the financial services sector, this amount will go up to S$5,500 from the current S$5,000.” However, this $500 difference is really nothing to them. They would rather pay their own people this amount than hire a Singaporean and pay their CPF.

I left the company already, because I felt like a minority. They always talk to each other in their own language and keep me out of their unofficial gatherings, but this is a story for next time.

I’m not saying no to people who can really contribute to our economy, but EP holders are not it.​

The point is, the government is obviously just setting this minimum wage to try to shut us up for a while. But Singaporeans are smarter than that! What they need to do is to set a maximum wage for EP applicants. For those who already are earning a substantial amount and can truly contribute to our economy, they have the Singapore Entrepreneur Pass scheme they can apply for instead!

In fact, this EntrePass is enough, because it recognizes entrepreneurs (with a proper track record), innovators, and investors. These are the types of talent we want in our country. Not someone holding an EP whose job should really be given to a Singaporean instead!

EP holders don’t add value to our society. They are not bringing in money, nor are they bringing in any skills. Worst still, they are so arrogant and self-assured, scolding our security guards and acting like our rules don’t matter to them.

I’ve had enough of dealing with these EP holders.

Exasperated Singaporean,
Jerrell
"What they need to do is to set a maximum wage for EP applicants". You are indeed smart! Contrary thinking!

"Einstein's E=mc² Is Invalid"
Chan Rasjid Kah Chew,
Singapore.
http://www.emc2fails.com

ChanRasjid

Alfrescian
Loyal
We say too many foreigners, they increase minimum salary which increases tax. We say traffics jams are bad, they increase ERP. We say times are tough, they increase GST. I think we should all just keep quiet and try to solve our own problem.
If we have too many foreigners, we set a yearly maximum quota for next five years. If traffic jams are bad, we set a maximum quota limit for yearly car increase. If times are tough, we increase minimum wages across the board for Singaporeans every year for the next five years.

[edit] If times are really, really bad, issue a white paper that Singapore's population will be set at a maximum of 5.5 million for the next two decades.

"Einstein's E=mc² Is Invalid"
Chan Rasjid Kah Chew,
Singapore.
http://www.emc2fails.com

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This thread is full of nonsense! Companies are profit-driven entities. They will not blindly pay foreigners more for the sake of paying more. With higher costs, companies are more likely to not renew foreign work passes and hire locals instead.

Higher EP, S Pass salary cut-offs do not mean foreigners will get pay rise at locals' expense: Tan See Leng

"Will the foreigner immediately get a $500 pay increase, just because of the increase in the qualifying salary? No," he stated.

For EP and S Pass renewals, the tweaks will only apply a year later - from September 2023.

This could even stretch out to September 2026, depending on when the S Pass holder is due for renewal, Dr Tan said. "That is about 4½ years away."

The company will then have enough time to think about alternative options, such as finding or training another local worker, he added.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...-get-pay-raise-at-locals-expense-tan-see-leng