• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Gopalan Nair: Ionescu should not come back

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
People all the time use such incidents to suit their own political agenda. But they must have the skills to ensure that they milk it where the damage is to the establishment and yet the support comes from the public. He did the first and shot himself in the foot on the second.

Someone like Francis Seow would know how to capitalise on such an issue and that comes out looking good. Thats skill.

Yes, yes, he offended ppl by using this incident which an innocent man died for his own political agenda.

He got skill or not is another issue.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
He can't tell facts from fiction. His whole rant pivoted on flimsy assertions like:

1. No protest = innocence. Everyday, murderers are hanged and nobody protested. So we shld set them free.

2. Not being able to have a fair trial when the stumbling block is really diplomatic immunity afforded to diplomatic staff

etc.

So can he even read the facts of the case, let alone practise? He's more agitated and emotional to spew out trash than to be able to craft satires and turn of phrase.

Really the fact that he is a lawyer must be the ninth wonder of the world!

Which degree mill did he pinch his law degree from? Guess from the States, anything is possible -- guys like him are lawyers; priests fornicate....

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
People all the time use such incidents to suit their own political agenda. But they must have the skills to ensure that they milk it where the damage is to the establishment and yet the support comes from the public. He did the first and shot himself in the foot on the second.

Someone like Francis Seow would know how to capitalise on such an issue and that comes out looking good. Thats skill.

We are not homegenous. Take this forum for example on how it is read.

50% will read it at face value.
25% will read between the lines.
10% will read what they want to read.
10% will read it to suits their argument.
5% are clueless.

If I am the writer, no matter how good I am, it is an uphill task to convince more then 50%.:rolleyes:

ozeman

Alfrescian
Loyal

5% are clueless.

If I am the writer, no matter how good I am, it is an uphill task to convince more then 50%.:rolleyes:
well said! heh heh.........

ozeman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do u know the meaning of added effect. That's to tell ppl that this bastard is totally 100% insane just like you are. Same logic that you add wahahah into your posts to try and con ppl into thinking you're laughing. :rolleyes:
"added effect?" whahahhahaha.........

you can't read. you can't write. and you don't understand!

illiterate and poorly educated, perhaps. i don't think you are insane!!!! he he he...........

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats applies to any any reasonably crafted article without factual errors. I can see that you do not realise there are errors.

5% are clueless.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats the whole issue - facts vs fiction.
He can't tell facts from fiction.
Really the fact that he is a lawyer must be the ninth wonder of the world!

Which degree mill did he pinch his law degree from? Guess from the States, anything is possible -- guys like him are lawyers; priests fornicate....

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Thats applies to any any reasonably crafted article without factual errors. I can see that you do not realise there are errors.

You are right, I don't and couldn't be bothered too much. But again, how many readers knows which is fact or not and are bothered if it's inaccurate?

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are right, I don't and couldn't be bothered too much. But again, how many readers knows which is fact or not and are bothered if it's inaccurate?

I disagree with you. One needs to be discerning, then we can have good arguments based on sound reasoning and raise the quality of debate here, so that this will make for a good forum.

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I do agree with what you have said about accuracy and raising the bar. However on the interpretation and comprehension of the readers, it goes in all direction, it's highly unlikely it's going to appease all. That is what I brought it out earlier in my post and nothing else.