• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Good to work for Japanese company?

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What about working for Ah Neh company?

You are expcted to work n die for the company but will be bypassed in any promotion if there is a Jap in the Q
You will never be treated as a Jap wud as if in JappoLand

Leave such companies to Ah Neh .... only they can fuck up the biz

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What about working for Ah Neh company?

A perk of working in ah-neh company is that once you start singing, your colleagues will automatically become your backup dancers.

And those full height racks can double up as coconut trees for them to hide and dance around.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
remember to work overtime not in civil servant office, the other office, PA office. And make sure you are one of the cult members too of PA regime.

Make sure you know your peers are also PA members, if they are not you can get rid of them easily.

rings a bell, in order to work for GIC, you have to have good grades and then you have to compete vigorously in the working environment with your peers, politicking is a must!

Last edited:

funnyz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ultimately, working for someone else is humiliating regardless of the nationality of the company that is paying you.

Employment is like whoring. You put up with getting fucked in order to get paid.

Working for yourself is the way to go. It's better for the self esteem. It's a lot more satisfying and best of all, the sky's the limit when it comes to financial rewards.

Read my retirement thread for more details on how to achieve financial independence by working for yourself.

How about if they are paying you very well to the point you are touching the sky, like me?

I'm already thinking of retirement after 5 years of working or in your words 'whoring' in a Jap Company. Haha.

Capano2121

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually he worst is working is working for m&ds, they will keep telling you that they are one up being they are your employer! Ah neh still ok lah! Cheapskates but still ok! m&ds are jst plain cheap lah!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
How about if they are paying you very well to the point you are touching the sky, like me?

I'm already thinking of retirement after 5 years of working or in your words 'whoring' in a Jap Company. Haha.

Pay is secondary. It's whether or not you have achieved financial independence during your tenure.

If you have, then you don't depend on your salary and you are therefore free of the shackles of being employed. If you haven't then you're beholden to the company in order to fund your lifestyle.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Disclaimer, I work for a Japanese company in Australia. All that has been said doesn't apply more or less here.

Its ToshibaTEC. Hardly, consumer electronics. Most of Toshiba consumer electronics are OEM/re-badged apart from the TVs and Laptops.

None of this applies here.
For Rule #1: Our GM and MD are Ang moh, most upper management are Ang mohs. We have a Japanese manager in the department but he has been here for more then 10 years in Japan he has been for like 20 years. He actually requested to be posted here.

Rule #2: There are several managers that are woman/team leads. In fact for a department that deals with software there is a high ratio of woman to man.

Rule #3: I sit in a cubicle, I'm surfing sammyboy now. IT has blocked several sites as directive from Japan but some are removed on request from my GM like youtube. In general, as long as you get work done you are free to do anything you want.

Rule #4: I was actually hoping for this to happen when I joined. Till today, nothing of this sort every happened. Perhaps I'm not in the "Sales" team.

OZ workplace laws is too strong fir the Japs.
There are more and more Japs working in OZ and do not want to return to Japan
They cannot and do not want the regimented life again.

If your parents in law tell you that they have never seen their daughter happier before, it is thanks to the relaxed OZ lifestyle. There are hierarchy and seniority here, with subtle sexism and racism - usually out of ignorance or male ego.

Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pay is secondary. It's whether or not you have achieved financial independence during your tenure.

If you have, then you don't depend on your salary and you are therefore free of the shackles of being employed. If you haven't then you're beholden to the company in order to fund your lifestyle.

One of my staff is hoping Apple or Google will buy his dieting App and his company. He is asking for $130m. No offers so far. So, he is still working as employee.

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I wonder what the working conditions are like there,,,,got kenna tekan by the ah nehs? i was told if the ah neh is strict vegetarian they will be damn dulan if u eat meat in front of them,,

I've seen some Sinkies working in the State Bank of India. They have quite a few branches in Singapore.

quartz28

Alfrescian
Loyal
From my experiences years years back...Jap in singapore do not work hard like in japan..they come here to enjoy life, wayang , go ktv, golf.....only advantage is that they can speak Japanese thus able to interact w japan HQ....in terms of technical flexibility, openness, change management...they are very bad....anyway, in the last 15yrs, number of jap firms and jap workers in singapore dwindled ......in my opinion, not a good idea to work in jap company...

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... Jap in singapore do not work hard like in japan..they come here to enjoy life, wayang , go ktv, golf ...
all xpats sent by their hq overseas 2 cum here r all lidat ... dey treat cumming over as having hols ...

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
OZ workplace laws is too strong fir the Japs.
There are more and more Japs working in OZ and do not want to return to Japan
They cannot and do not want the regimented life again.

If your parents in law tell you that they have never seen their daughter happier before, it is thanks to the relaxed OZ lifestyle. There are hierarchy and seniority here, with subtle sexism and racism - usually out of ignorance or male ego.

Lol, I'll check with my in laws soon about that. At the end of the day, aust work place relationship is a great thing. The again the other side of coin you have people that doesn't do r know anything that is leaching the system. Once you are permanent there is little or nothing you can do.