• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Good PM Lee Ready To Fight For Singapore And Die For Singapore! How About Oppies?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1648912086532.png

NEW YORK: Singapore took a strong stand against Russia’s invasion because it has chosen to uphold a key principle that corresponds to its long-term national interest – that is, the sovereignty and territorial integrity of all countries, said Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong on Friday (Apr 1).

This position is one that Singapore has taken “consistently” over the years, he added in a doorstop with the Singapore media after wrapping up a week-long working visit to the United States.

Asked about what he would say to Singaporeans who may be concerned that the country is choosing sides, Mr Lee replied: “We have chosen principles and we uphold principles which correspond to our long-term national interests, and we uphold them consistently.”

One of these fundamental principles is the non-violation of territorial integrity and sovereignty of nations, which is enshrined in the United Nations (UN) charter and is now “at stake” amid the ongoing conflict in Ukraine.

“That’s a fundamental principle which is vital to us because if that’s up for grabs, then what is our basis for saying we are entitled to exist, and to security and to be safe in the world,” said the Prime Minister.

“Therefore, we took a strong stand,” he added, pointing to the country’s announcement in February to impose financial sanctions and export controls on Russia.

A CONSISTENT STAND

Singapore has taken this “clear stand” consistently over the years, such as when it opposed Vietnam’s invasion of Cambodia in 1978, said Mr Lee.

Singapore also took a stand against the United States’ invasion of Grenada at the UN General Assembly in 1983.

“We voted against them at the UN. (It) does not mean we are the enemy of the US, but we cannot approve of what they did,” he added.

Likewise in the case of Ukraine, Singapore is “not the enemy of Russia”, the Prime Minister said in Mandarin in his response to a separate question from the media.

Singapore “cannot endorse or condone such violation of the sovereignty of another country” and has “to take a stand”, he added.

Mr Lee also said that sanctions mark a “big step” to take for a small country like Singapore, and the hurdle is even “higher” for the country to impose sanctions on its own.

“But in this case because it is such an egregious, flagrant and major violation of the international norms and with such a major consequence for the global order, including in our region, we decided we had to act on sanctions because the UN could not act,” he said.

“The UN obviously cannot act, because you need the Security Council. The Russians are there; they have a veto (and) it is not going to pass,” added the Prime Minister. “But we had to stand up and be counted and we did.”

WHAT IT MEANS FOR SINGAPORE
The war in Ukraine, which started on Feb 24, is "not over" and that both sides of the conflict are not close to reaching an arrangement that would bring about peace yet, Mr Lee said.

“And I believe that military struggle will continue,” he added.

What the crisis means for a small country like Singapore is the need to build up the country’s own defences and be well-equipped.

But most importantly, said the Prime Minister, is the will to fight for one’s home.

“This is my home, I am going to fight for it (and) if necessary, I’m willing to die for it,” he said. “And it is that will to defend what is yours and to defend your family and friends that keeps the Ukrainians going, and that Singaporeans must have if we are going to keep ourselves safe in this world.”

At the same time, Singapore will have to look at what is happening in the region and how other countries are reacting to the crisis.

The Prime Minister also reiterated the need for institutions to be developed in the region that can help “head off a hot conflict like this”, a point that he has made throughout his visit in the US.

There are already platforms that are helpful, such as the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation, the East Asia Summit, as well as the Indo-Pacific Economic Framework which is mooted by the US as a way to engage the region.

“Basically, ways to bring countries in the region together to expand their areas of cooperation and interdependence and at the same time, to provide a forum to talk about quite difficult issues, so that we can head them off before they become impossible to manage,” Mr Lee told reporters.

“We are doing our part to encourage that, but that is something which requires many participants and to the extent that we have influence, we try to encourage other countries to go in that direction, which is one of the reasons why I am here in the US.”

Mr Lee noted that the US has been “deeply engaged in the diplomacy and other aspects” of the conflict in Ukraine.

“They can see how things are going but at the same time, they are thinking ahead as to what could possibly be the range of outcomes and how do we manage that. And in particular, how to manage it in relation to China and the US-China relationship,” he said.

Still, the relationship between the two superpowers is “fraught”, Mr Lee said, adding that existing communication channels may not be adequate for “very demanding" discussion topics on hand.

Earlier in the day, Mr Lee met UN Secretary-General António Guterres to express his support "for the leadership and the work of the UN".

Prior to New York City, the Prime Minister was in Washington DC where he met US President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris at the White House, as well as other top US officials.

Mr Lee leaves for Singapore on Apr 2.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/sin...sen-principles-not-sides-strong-stand-2602976

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
unfortunately sinkie and jiuhukia prc porlumpars are cowards and will never defend their homeland but instead use the sexcuse of “endangering civilian lives” in the face a bully and aggressor to turn tail and surrender.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
This is the first time I am actually proud of him. And I agree with him.

To ensure we can effectively defend our homeland, our population needs to be armed at all times and be proficient, familiar and comfortable with the use of firearms. May I suggest we amend our constitution to enshrine the right to bear arms? :biggrin:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unless the aggressor is a nation of genocidal lunatics, I don't think the common man like you and me should feel the need to defend the privileges of the nation's elite. After all, they haven't done much to defend yours.

It will just be a change in management, nothing more. :cool:

searcher1

Alfrescian
Loyal
LHL should just shut-up ... where were him when issue arises at Iraq, Iran, Palestine, Libya, Afghanistan ?
Was he busy fixing his Family or Oppies that he have no time to take a stand ?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
LHL should just shut-up ... where were him when issue arises at Iraq, Iran, Palestine, Libya, Afghanistan ?

Singapore has taken a consistent diplomatic approach for all these cases.

Firstly, there's no UN country called 'Palestine'. There's only Israel. And Singapore has been against moslem arabs constantly invading Israel to carry out genocide of Jews and non-moslems in Israel.

Iraq, Libya and Afghanistan are all moslem failed states, with various islamic groups killing each other and attacking civilian infrastructure to stop any form of post-war reconstruction efforts.

Iran is NOT a moslem state. Sunni moslems in the middle east openly view the shia as infidels, non-moslems. Most of the irananians follow arab colonial religious rules only at gun point. You need religious police to make sure the people of iran wear hijab, visit mosques to pray to their arabic conqueror's gods.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The enemy is within. :wink:

Looks like they really need an imaginary external bogeyman to distract from the domestic fuckups. More and more like the CCP everyday. :cool:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
sorry SG is not really my home and I will flee with my family if war really happens.

That's not too bad. I know of oppies who have been openly encouraging sinkies to side with any invaders and welcome them into Singapore as 'liberators'.

saynotomsm

Alfrescian
Loyal
He went to the White House at Washington DC? That's weird. Biden himself has never once step foot in it since his fake inauguration.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He went to the White House at Washington DC? That's weird. Biden himself has never once step foot in it since his fake inauguration.

Maybe the White House is being used for military tribunals, and Loong was an invited guest. :biggrin:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is the first time I am actually proud of him. And I agree with him.

To ensure we can effectively defend our homeland, our population needs to be armed at all times and be proficient, familiar and comfortable with the use of firearms. May I suggest we amend our constitution to enshrine the right to bear arms? :biggrin:

View attachment 140532

What has Loong scarifices?

Disrupted from NSF 3 month BMT...

father setup fake SAF Scholarship to port him out to USA... study simi lanjiao that is so important that he must scarifice his life to study first to get discharge from BMT to save Singapore....

Your say...

Has Jesus did anything to scarifice his life for God?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Disrupted from NSF 3 month BMT...

There are many other sinkies who disrupted from NS for longer durations. You just can't accept it that our good PM Lee served and completed NS like every other sinkie.

father setup fake SAF Scholarship to port him out to USA... study simi lanjiao that is so important that he must scarifice his life to study first to get discharge from BMT to save Singapore....

The good PM Lee was a responsible scholar. He didn't break bond, unlike a number of sinkies.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are many other sinkies who disrupted from NS for longer durations. You just can't accept it that our good PM Lee served and completed NS like every other sinkie.

The good PM Lee was a responsible scholar. He didn't break bond, unlike a number of sinkies.
He can't break bond, want to sabo his father integrity and good image....

Really, for example who? Let's narrow down to Loong age 52 when he recruited... my brother same age as Loong... no break...

No break... straight 2 years NSF bond... let's use bond word here... based on the SAF Act.... his father says he must go now or lose his uni entry spot... disrupt... how about the 2nd son? Same same....

Maybe Loong need to explain his disruption to clear the grief of us with no happy ending....

I studied 2 years of electronic course and scarifice time burnt mid night oils to pass this toughest course in engineering.... all maths...

Then snatched to do NSF do things not related to what I scarificed for 2 years... wtf....

Then joined electronic engineer industry start from scratched again lose out to jiuhu kia no NSF from my same batch class.... pay wise lose to no NSF jiuhu kia, work experience in NSF not related... wtf...

Loong? Straight in to uni on track learn higher maths in finance and land in MAS in finance industry after study.... wtf.... part time NSF to complete his bond.... not counted... breach of the SAF Act...

So what has Loong scarifice? ....uhhhh...

Hello... study 2 years in electronic course is same as first 2 years in uni course.... go straight to 3rd year in uni... if study futher graduate with a degree... song boh...

Last edited:

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
sorry SG is not really my home and I will flee with my family if war really happens.
Fight for a political cause? Sorry, not going to happen to me. Anyone who hands me a gun and forces me to fight will have his head blown off the moment he turns around.

You idiots can fight all you want. I can live under any political system that wins after the fight.

You are of no use to your family when you're dead. And when you're dead, the side you fought for won't even remember you nor help your family.

Last edited:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Fight for a political cause? Sorry, not going to happen to me. Anyone who hands me a gun and forces me to fight will have his head blown off the moment he turns around.

You seem to be very brave only after people turn around. Perhaps we can get you to take part in the pursuit after the SAF defeats an invader.

You are of no use to your family when you're dead. And when you're dead, the side you fought for won't even remember you nor help your family.

We certainly remember the courage shown by late sinkies like Lt. Adnan and Lim Bo Seng. The tales of their heroic resistance will be remembered for posterity.

We also have an SAF Veterans League take care of our veterans. They can enjoy and relax and swap war stories at any of our SAFRA clubhouses.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even in peace time, Famous General Winston Chew Gum oridi run to Oz. Tink many Top brass frm SAF Oridi run to settle in Ang Moh land.