• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Good place to eat for supper

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Been staying up quite late recently and was always thinking of where to go eat for supper, realise I've very limited place to go, these are my fav desitinations.

rice1.JPG

200e1664553d11e18bb812313804a181_7.jpg

Beach Road Scissor-Cut Curry Rice
229 Jalan Besar
Lau Di Fang Coffeeshop

At least 3 types of curry gravies poured on top of your rice, got curry chicken and lor bak, add with an egg and cabbage, simply wonderful :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Rating: 4/5

DSC09216+(Large).JPG

1+IMG_4708.jpg

Teochew Cuisine Restaurant
413 River Valley Road
Tel: 6738 0020
Open 24/7

I love this Teochew Fish soup, their broth is simmered with blue ginger, take a sip, you will want to sip it again, the meat are meaty, though sometimes the fishy smell can be a tiny bit strong, but with $5/6/7 a bowl, its is worth every penny.

Rating: 4/5

IMG_4629-view+frm+GeylangRd-1.jpg

5.jpg

No Signage Oyster Egg (cant remember the name, but at the same coffeeshop as the famous frog leg porrige shop)
Geylang Lorong v9

Best Oyster egg in my opinion, the omelette are very tasty (though some might say a bit salty), but thr proportion of the batter and egg are just nice and not dry, add spring onions and coriander, wah lau... very fragrant, really no horse run

Rating: 4.5/5

Please recommend some nice supper place in this thread, much appreciated :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hehehe.

First one very solid especially after drinking. Use to be my regular joint, Pork Chop, Kong Ba, Tau Pok, Koh Lay Chye and lots of curry and lor. Yummy! Feel like flying home. Read somewhere the opposite mutton soup no more liaoz.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I like goin to BedoK North 88 Hawker Ctr for supper back then for their Char Kway Teow, BBQ chicken wings, Fried oyster omelette.. Yet to go there ever since their stupid upgrading programme..

But ever since moving to Hougang, will just go to Upp Serangoon for late nite supper.. The stretch of place is a haven for supper lovers..

One thing I cannot tahan at Beach Road Scissor-Cut Curry Rice is the long queue.. Parking also a problem..

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Go to Kong Kee mutton soup nearby Beach Rd Scissor Curry.. Weather tonite quite cool.. Good to eat a hot soup..

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hehehe. My old favorites are Aor Gio Tao (havelock road) porridge although they knock carrot head. For Jalan Besar, Scissor cut as AK posted or Rui Kee Tim Sum or the Zhu Zha Tang near the tibetan temple (near lavendar foodcourt).

If in Geylang, many choice but most cannot make it. My old favorite is L20 Keong Kee Fish soup and egg omlette (Think close down liaoz). If not too late, I go to Long City (Chang Cheng Porridge in Chinatown). Not for the porridge but more for the zha cheong (fried intestine).

Else, I just go to ABC market or 10 storey market and see what is available. :smile:

jw5

Loyal
I love this Teochew Fish soup, their broth is simmered with blue ginger, take a sip, you will want to sip it again, the meat are meaty, though sometimes the fishy smell can be a tiny bit strong, but with $5/6/7 a bowl, its is worth every penny.

I tried this place once after you recommended it last time and it's quite good, but didn't realise it's 5/6/7 a bowl.
The garouper fish soup at Golden Mile Food Centre is I think $6 a bowl and imo more worth it.
Have also tried the or luak at Geylang before, and also the frog leg porridge. Both ok.

Good places for supper:
Golden Mile Food Centre (chinese, malay, indian food, noodles, rice, beehoon all got, usually find it hard to decide what to eat)
Lavender Square Food Centre

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I tried this place once after you recommended it last time and it's quite good, but didn't realise it's 5/6/7 a bowl.
The garouper fish soup at Golden Mile Food Centre is I think $6 a bowl and imo more worth it.
Have also tried the or luak at Geylang before, and also the frog leg porridge. Both ok.

Good places for supper:
Golden Mile Food Centre (chinese, malay, indian food, noodles, rice, beehoon all got, usually find it hard to decide what to eat)
Lavender Square Food Centre
Wah lau jw5, your recommendations all near my house leh..... wah piangz, hahahaha

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks AK for starting the thread. I am a sucker for Hainanese curry. Have been trying all known recipes for Hainanese curry but not much success. Any bros here know the secret ingredients of Hainanese curry? PM me and can discuss T&C. :p