• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Good Friday - Holy Week Service - 29 March 2024

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal
This is the official Youtube channel of the Church of St Mary of the Angels (St Mary's) in Singapore.

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal

When I was young, my mom would take me to the annual procession at St Joseph's Church at Victoria Street. It was super crowded and hot, with burning candles everywhere. Once, I saw one aunty's hair caught fire and she was screaming away like a siao zhabor. Luckily, someone poured mineral water onto her hair and the fire was put out in a matter of seconds. They should switch to using phone lights instead as the whole place is a big fire hazard.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what is so good about the Friday that it must be named Good friday? You mean Jesus christ died and its good? that i agree.

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
what is so good about the Friday that it must be named Good friday? You mean Jesus christ died and its good? that i agree.

You were bad, but made good by the grace of God through the death of Christ. That's why it's Good Friday.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
so jesus died on Friday, resurrected the following Monday. why don't we sexlerate Easter Monday instead? why celebrate his death? I know AMDK cuntries do both.
we like celebrating deaths....

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Thus, with knowledge of both anatomy and ancient crucifixion practices, it is not difficult to reconstruct the probable medical aspects of crucifixion from a cardiologist’s perspective. It is extremely likely that Jesus Christ(as) sustained an injury to the pericardium during the process of scourging. The sharp pieces of sheep bones in the whip caused deep cuts in the pericardium. This resulted in accumulation of blood in the pericardial cavity. While on the cross, the process of blood accumulation continued. This resulted in cardiac tamponade with hemodynamic disturbance, a condition that caused the heart to struggle, as it was unable to pump blood against free blood in the coverings of the heart, leading to low blood pressure and pulse. In such a predicament, the cardiac output dropped and the brain was deprived of oxygen. It was most likely at this critical stage of hemodynamic disturbance, i.e. low blood pressure and heart rate that Jesus Christ(as) cried out in a loud voice, bowed his head and became unconscious. The piercing of the spear in the chest aimed at the heart created a rent in the outer layer of the pericardium. This resulted in decompression of the heart ‘as blood and water gushed out.’ The increase in cardiac output as the heart was decompressed resulted in improvement of oxygen to the brain. The arrival of Joseph of Arimethia and Nicodemus, an experienced physician, further lend support that Jesus(as) survived the ordeal of crucifixion. The application of strong spices and salves at this stage was essential to prevent the wounds from infection and relief of pain. They probably employed artificial respiration when they ‘blew into him their own breath after Jesus(as) was brought down from the cross. Also, the wound of the spear was left open to drain, as ‘Nicodemus believed that it was best not to close up the wound in Jesus’(as) side because he considered that flow of blood and water from there was helpful to respiration in the renewing of life.’ This practice is well known amongst cardiologists to prevent reaccumulation of blood in the pericardial cavity. Clearly, the weight of historical and medical evidence indicates that Jesus Christ(as) did not die on the Cross but was delivered alive and then treated.

https://www.reviewofreligions.org/1...e-on-the-cross-a-cardiologists-perspective-2/