• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

GOLDEN ADVICE for those who suffer from chronic ailments

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
i need to start this thread to educate many of the medical illiterate here especially those who suffer from a chronic illness like diabetes, hypertension, psoriarsis etc.

do go to a gov polyclinic near to u for regular checkup and medication. it's still cheaper than a pte gp clinic. polyclinic doctor would assign u to go for regular blood and other lab tests to make sure everything is within control. if however, they are not, then a change or increased dosage in prescription would be modified.

DO NOT go to johor baru, self-prescribed and purchase what u think it's cheaper and more economical medication. it could be cheaper but it's more prudent that u should have your regular check up abd relevant prescription from a medical dr.

you'd be surprised that when seeking threatment for chronic aliment from polyclinic, it would be cheaper and very much safer than taking the trouble to go jb or self-prescribed. such penny wise pound foolish action is not money-shrewd or very wise and might end up aggravating your medical condition or complicate the illness.

lastly and very importantly, a major change in your lifestyle should be followed piously if u r unfortunately being inflicted with any chronic disease which is an accumulation of bad lifestyle habits. u can still live normally except u must regularly take the medication prescribed and faithfully attend your regular medical appointment.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
DO NOT go to johor baru, self-prescribed and purchase what u think it's cheaper and more economical medication. it could be cheaper but it's more prudent that u should have your regular check up abd relevant prescription from a medical dr.

If anyone wants a recommendation of a MD in JB with experience in heart & diabetes problems let me know.

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
we have many medical experts here, the like of Johny3, God-Dog, oskibabe, vamjok and not to forget Dr. Joe Ong

come in here and ask question la

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
as long as dun ask Dr. Quack SamLeong. His medication will kill everything including you.

we have many medical experts here, the like of Johny3, God-Dog, oskibabe, vamjok and not to forget Dr. Joe Ong

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
chronic illnesses need the regular blood and lab tests. it may require other kind of tests especially for diabetes and heart problems patient. so it's not just taking regularly the medication. such tests would reveal whether your condition is under control or not. if it's not, then the doctor would advise, increase or even change different medication accordingly.

it's your own health. no point taking such penny-wise, pound foolish risk.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
chronic illnesses need the regular blood and lab tests. it may require other kind of tests especially for diabetes and heart problems patient. so it's not just taking regularly the medication. such tests would reveal whether your condition is under control or not. if it's not, then the doctor would advise, increase or even change different medication accordingly.

it's your own health. no point taking such penny-wise, pound foolish risk.

What is the point of having expensive regular blood tests if you are not willing to make major lifestyle changes:confused:

It is only useful if you really change your lifestyle & need to monitor the impact of these changes. Unfortunately not many people are willing to give up their favourite unhealthy foods, do more exercise, give up smoking & drinking, etc.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is the point of having expensive regular blood tests if you are not willing to make major lifestyle changes:confused:

It is only useful if you really change your lifestyle & need to monitor the impact of these changes. Unfortunately not many people are willing to give up their favourite unhealthy foods, do more exercise, give up smoking & drinking, etc.

that's why the need to see a local dr who would advise u how.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal

i am a chemist, not a medical doctor. certain well known drugs i might know, and that's about it (although i know how and where to dig into it more if i want)

Last edited:

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal

the only sound statement i heard from you. once a blue moon

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i am a chemist, not a medical doctor. certain well known drugs i might know, and that's about it (although i know how and where to dig into it more if i want)

Son, I want to ask you something. I've heard that an empty syringe, no medication just air, injected into a person's vein can kill the person. The air injected will block the vein the person will die. Is that true?

Last edited:

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Son, I want to ask you something. I've heard that an empty syringe, no medication just air, injected into a person's vein can kill the person. The air injected will block the vein the person will die. Is that true?

true, air embolism. i find the article for you, i dun memorise it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_embolism

wikipedia got.

its the same as diving, the issue with nitrogen in the blood.

Last edited:

killborat

Alfrescian
Loyal
i need to start this thread to educate many of the medical illiterate here especially those who suffer from a chronic illness like diabetes, hypertension, psoriarsis etc.

do go to a gov polyclinic near to u for regular checkup and medication. it's still cheaper than a pte gp clinic. polyclinic doctor would assign u to go for regular blood and other lab tests to make sure everything is within control. if however, they are not, then a change or increased dosage in prescription would be modified.

you'd be surprised that when seeking threatment for chronic aliment from polyclinic, it would be cheaper and very much safer than taking the trouble to go jb or self-prescribed. such penny wise pound foolish action is not money-shrewd or very wise and might end up aggravating your medical condition or complicate the illness.

lastly and very importantly, a major change in your lifestyle should be followed piously if u r unfortunately being inflicted with any chronic disease which is an accumulation of bad lifestyle habits. u can still live normally except u must regularly take the medication prescribed and faithfully attend your regular medical appointment.

your post makes no sense to me..u say dun go this dun go that...the WHY part is not answered???

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
i ever heard from a nurse, if never kills you it will travel everywhere in your body via circulatory system. if it travel to your brain and burst there......if it kills you fine....if it don't you will suffer from stroke.

that why when those people performing IV will make sure the fluid line has no bubble in it, and hang it to make sure the air stays on top.

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i ever heard from a nurse, if never kills you it will travel everywhere in your body via circulatory system. if it travel to your brain and burst there......if it kills you fine....if it don't you will suffer from stroke.

that why when those people performing IV will make sure the fluid line has no bubble in it, and hang it to make sure the air stays on top.

Yes, yes, when your dad was on IV and going to toilet, the nurse always reminded me to hold or hang the drip abovehead.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This one common sense you dunno ah? One movie i think it's those demon possessed a woman's body movie. This woman dressed up as a nurse and went into the hospital to kill this person. she injected air into his blood supply and he died.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This one common sense you dunno ah? One movie i think it's those demon possessed a woman's body movie. This woman dressed up as a nurse and went into the hospital to kill this person. she injected air into his blood supply and he died.

You may be right but you're contadictive to yourself. Since when commonsense comes from movies? My son has already given an educated explanation.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You may be right but you're contadictive to yourself. Since when commonsense comes from movies? My son has already given an educated explanation.

You're wrong then. It depends on which movie and what aspect of the movie that also reflects real life and is possible in real life.

Now a man flying in the air and lifting a car above his head in the movies now that's of course fantasy. Someone sniffing drugs and acting crazy, having his brains shot out and injecting air into the bloodstream both will look the same in real life and in the movies.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
your post makes no sense to me..u say dun go this dun go that...the WHY part is not answered???

chronic aliment a livelong disease that the patient has to bear with it till he dies. he has to learn how to control it. one of the most prudent way is to take the medication regularly, visit the doctor for checkup and go for blood tests and there should be change in lifestyle.

why would one wanna go all the way to JB to buy those medication thinking they are cheaper or more economical when indirectly they are putting their health and life at risk? who suffer in the end if u were to self-prescibe? so the question is in the end is it worth all the trouble and the amount of money u think u ve saved?