• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Gold investors up in arms after another buyback scheme goes wrong

songsongpunggol

Alfrescian
Loyal
people never learn their lessons since the minibonds saga.

this is what you get if you keep pursuing wealth.

more worries and sleepless nights.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Gold investors up in arms after another buyback scheme goes wrong

By Lip Kwok Wai / Melissa Chong | Posted: 06 March 2013 2005 hrs

display_image.php

Gold bars are displayed at the Bureau of Engraving and Printing (BEP) in Washington, DC on August 27, 2012. (AFP/File - Paul J. Richards)

SINGAPORE: Some gold investors are up in arms, after another buyback scheme went wrong. This followed a previous incident involving Genneva Pte Ltd in September 2012.

More than a hundred investors gathered at Hong Lim Park after the CEO of The Gold Guarantee went missing in January -- along with their money.

TGG said it had run out of gold and had asked investors to pay a S$2,000 deposit for a kilo of gold. But soon after, CEO Lee Song Teck disappeared.

The petition by the investors has gathered 140 signatures -- which they said will be sent to the Prime Minister's Office. They hope their efforts will expedite investigations.

Litus Tan, a family member of one of the investors, said: "My family lost about close to a million dollars. We want to raise awareness, because (of organisations like) Sunrise Empire, Geneva, and now, TGG.

"We got wind that new spin-off companies are coming up and if the government isn't going to do anything, more people are going to get scammed."

Another investor, Ow Bin Bing, said: "A lot of my friends also buy this gold and now they're suffering and very frustrated. So many are upset because all the money is gone. There are no updates from the CAD at all.

"They said we need time. In a few years, (we would've) all died already. We are investors you know, all our hard earned money, they don't drop from the sky."

-CNA/ac

as for the guy whose family lost a million bucks................i really wonder how they have a million in the 1st place...............i don't pity them...........not becoz they're stupid or greedy..........

but becoz they hoped to gain without doing a thing...............just like those Ah Nehs...........

the company ran out of gold and need deposit to buy more gold ???.................you don't get a better warning than that liao...........

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You sure they're gold bars? Not tungsten bars coated with gold paint? :wink:

All that glitters is not gold, and a fool and his/her money are soon parted. :cool:

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal
"fools rushes in where Angels fear to tread" "there is a sucker born, every minute"...
There is always ignorant people who will fall for scams. In the past , we had min-bonds, high notes, Sunshine empire and now gold gurantee , etc. Once they got cheated, they say government did not act to stop it. They blame everyone but they did not blame themselves.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Two categories of people:

a. those who hold on to the gold bars - problem is they bought at an inflated price with promised buyback prices giving about 40% annual return
b. those who agreed not to hold the gold bars in return for additional return!

All money is gone!!!. I thought they are holding on to the gold bars?

Grace

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those investors deserve it.

If want to invest in gold just buy from UOB Gold counter at UOB plaza 1 basement.
Buy physical gold and store it in Certis Cisco Safe Box.

Laziness plus greed equal "deserve to be punish".

Will you buy a kilo of gold and safekeeping by a third party? I know I will never allow that to happened.

///GREEDY pigs....you asked for it.
Dont KPKB!!!!
///
xxx

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Two categories of people:

a. those who hold on to the gold bars - problem is they bought at an inflated price with promised buyback prices giving about 40% annual return
b. those who agreed not to hold the gold bars in return for additional return!

I guess those in group b are screwed even harder....:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
Which goes to show the highly paid civil servants in MAS are

Please loh. You want MAS to check everything meh. Unlike the minibonds thingy where it can be argued that the government should be more involved, this case is clearly the fault of the investors cos they choose to invest in un-regulated products.

Lessons learnt for them loh. If they want to blame the govt for this, govt also lan lan.