• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Going completely overboard in “honouring” lky

rover2sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
The government and especially the PAP and their ardent followers are going completely overboard in promoting “Lee Kuan Yew” as the sole FOUNDER and man (or God?) responsible for the well-being of Singapore.
I do respect and regard him as someone mainly responsible for the good state we have been in despite his having some short comings.
Respect and regarding him with honour him on his passing, BUT do not overboard! Even after a year of his passing look at the mainstream papers and the silly propaganda going on. Getting innocent children to bow before his poster is like treating him this is “North Korea” or worst like a god.
If his son (LHL) need his (LKY) memory to govern and cannot do so on his own abilities, then he should consider giving way to others more capable or even get some good advice from his sister.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well said bro.

The idea to legislate to protect his name and to mete out punishment if these laws are broken is something that you see in countries that treat their people as digits with no mind of their own. I am not even sure if the old man wants this sort of things to be done. I do recall old man years ago saying that he did not want to see statutes and the like. I am keen to see who is actually behind this and one has to take a dim view of the Lee family if they allow this to continue. I am wondering if they have come to the stage where they are surrounded by the wrong type of folks.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
can't be helped if ah nehs build shrine in india to memorialize him. :p

image.jpg

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The best solution is to declare "Kuanyewism" as an official religion protected under laws governing religions.

Followers can then call the shots regarding how they want to worship their God.

rover2sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well said bro.

The idea to legislate to protect his name and to mete out punishment if these laws are broken is something that you see in countries that treat their people as digits with no mind of their own. I am not even sure if the old man wants this sort of things to be done. I do recall old man years ago saying that he did not want to see statutes and the like. I am keen to see who is actually behind this and one has to take a dim view of the Lee family if they allow this to continue. I am wondering if they have come to the stage where they are surrounded by the wrong type of folks.

I am politically aware during his time and do have few contacts (minor) with old man. I am certain he is not the type to want such adoration. I doubt his daughter too cherish such "admirations" for her father! :smile:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The best solution is to declare "Kuanyewism" as an official religion protected under laws governing religions.

Followers can then call the shots regarding how they want to worship their God.

there s already a official religion being created,there are laws regarding how his image and likeness can be used in worshipping him and promoting singapore.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am politically aware during his time and do have few contacts (minor) with old man. I am certain he is not the type to want such adoration. I doubt his daughter too cherish such "admirations" for her father! :smile:

he certainly did not make any efforts to stop or prevent it the 90 years when he was still alive....lky is a special man,he lives for such glorification and deityfication.his only regret was the entire world did not know and worship him unlike steve jobs.

rover2sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well said bro.

"I am keen to see who is actually behind this and one has to take a dim view of the Lee family if they allow this to continue. I am wondering if they have come to the stage where they are surrounded by the wrong type of folks."

Agree. They are the so-called "grassroots" and who do not know of LKY real character. So me thinks his eldest is for this type of "admirations" and encouraging them. He thinks it increases the respect on him as well!
Totally agree. Most are "grassroots" of PAP who know nothing of LKY character. I do think his eldest son wants and is encouraging such "adorations".

Last edited:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The government and especially the PAP and their ardent followers are going completely overboard in promoting “Lee Kuan Yew” as the sole FOUNDER and man (or God?) responsible for the well-being of Singapore.
I do respect and regard him as someone mainly responsible for the good state we have been in despite his having some short comings.
Respect and regarding him with honour him on his passing, BUT do not overboard! Even after a year of his passing look at the mainstream papers and the silly propaganda going on. Getting innocent children to bow before his poster is like treating him this is “North Korea” or worst like a god.
If his son (LHL) need his (LKY) memory to govern and cannot do so on his own abilities, then he should consider giving way to others more capable or even get some good advice from his sister.

Agree with you. Everyone except the extreme few has no problem honouring the memory of LKY, but this has been stretched so far it has become plain silly. The sight of bowing kids is absolutely disgusting. We are North Korea. The irony is that LKY would probably have hated that as well - the rabid public consumption of every details of his life including his intimate relationship with Kwa.

If this is the PAP way of pulling votes I am thoroughly disgusted.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
"I am keen to see who is actually behind this and one has to take a dim view of the Lee family if they allow this to continue. I am wondering if they have come to the stage where they are surrounded by the wrong type of folks."

Agree. They are the so-called "grassroots" and who do not know of LKY real character. So me thinks his eldest is for this type of "admirations" and encouraging them. He thinks it increases the respect on him as well!
Totally agree. Most are "grassroots" of PAP who know nothing of LKY character. I do think his eldest son wants and is encouraging such "adorations".

Bro, can't read your font.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
u guys know it cant be stopped,even the PAP cabinet themselves cannot stop the madness,u guys saw the video of 250 PAP cadres and ministers and mps singing a rendition of "home" to LKY.....even though some of them look reluctant,but they cannot voice out their objections,the insanity and furor has become too big,it has gripped the nation too tightly,LKY has now become hitler mania during the peak of his power,even more powerful than God,any attempts by anyone no matter how influential or high ranking to put down LKY or stop the madness would be seen as blasphemy and sacrilegious to his diehard supporters which are many......LKY has spend 50 years of his life cultivating his image to be like kim jong il and now his wish is granted.......the integrity of Singapore rest solely upon the image of LKY,LKY is BIG BROTHER,any attempt to throw a sledgehammer at the image of LKY will break the illusion of what Singapore is and bring everything crashing down.LKY has created the first religion in Singapore.

HEIL KUAN YEW!!!!!!!!HEIL BIG BROTHER!!!!!!Long LIVE AH GONG WAN SUI WAN SUI WAN WAN SUI!!!!!!

and death to chee soo juan.

Last edited:

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
can't be helped if ah nehs build shrine in india to memorialize him. :p

View attachment 25982

India never emerged from the Dark Ages (pun intended), Lightning responsible for Sinkieland going backwards from a little bit Enlightenment to the [ ] Ages ...........

[video=youtube;QPil9Br-5lE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPil9Br-5lE[/video]

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

They should name the people behind all these activities. I am sure S'poreans want to thank them.

Yes, LHL should step down. Tharman is a more capable leader.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You might be right. I remember that civil servants were aghast when the directive went out from LHL to increase the car quota and ensure that people can buy cars. They advised him that it will lead to congestion. He said the grassroots were emotional about getting cars. It took less than a year for congestion to develop even on Saturdays afternoon. Then they began to rush to build the infrastructure.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They should name the people behind all these activities. I am sure S'poreans want to thank them.

Yes, LHL should step down. Tharman is a more capable leader.

not if hes the mastermind behind all these immigration policies and the CECA trade agreements.the person in charge of all that should be shot.other than that he seems highly intelligent and the most sane and down to earth of the lot.