• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious going around the 15 articles limit on straitstimes.com

thinkorsink

Alfrescian
Loyal
as you all know, i am a fan of world class journalism from sph but i can't afford to pay for the monthly subscription. let me share what i know, it's not a new trick but i like to share with you good bros, for those who do not know, take it as a x'mas gift from me. i am not being a cheap skate but i want to see what else sph can come up with to stop pple from overcoming their "15 articles" limit, i believe they have already exhausted ways to plugin this loophole. i hope that they take it as a challenge. i have read about overcoming paywall script but straitstimes have altered it again since middle of the year and so it's useless. anyway, the simple way to do it is:

1. install chrome and read the articles in incognito mode;

2. when the 15 articles limit is hit, clear your browser cache.

of course, there may be cleverer ways to do it and i like to hear from your side too if you dun mind sharing. for the time being, i deem my way the easiest. of course, if they can't beat you, they will probably resort to changing the format how business times(no one read it anyway, so many other financial sites) publish their articles online, certain articles are locked and require login to view.

merry x'mas and happy new year to all!

rgds...:biggrin:

ToaPehGong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Main stream media is still important unless they report on political matters. I rather depend on alternative news for that.

covertbriar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Change different browsers (IE, safari, chrome) every time the 15 article limit is breached.

Else can just go straight to Reddit Singapore where the articles are paywall hacked.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why would anyone want to read even one article from that rag let alone 15.

Why on earth, would anyone want to pay for shitty online stuffs like Shit Times or?; unless one's job is to read & research local news & articles & are paid to do so.

Other than that...I see no reason, never mind breaching the 15 articles limit...I try not even land on any of their webpages..

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thot just need to register?
huh register what for?

Can read immediately already

When you reached the 15 limit thingy.
I’ve never registered....usually is diverted there.
Sometimes I goggled for something and they say I can’t view due to 15 limit thingy. Just click on other sites then. News sites are everywhere

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The Straits Times is amongst the most reliable paper in the world today. I am proud to pay a lifelong annual subscription to both the online and print version of the paper.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Straits Times is amongst the most reliable paper in the world today. I am proud to pay a lifelong annual subscription to both the online and print version of the paper.

You sound like one, that take out his/her pants & fart...lol!

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
after reading six point nine lines on how ah soh gets morested by ah neh i rest my eyes. but i have to clear my mind for 6.9 days after that.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
International news, they are worthless. 90% of local news is political. Because they are paranoid cunts. Minus away ads just what are sinkies reading?they could pay me and i still have no use for the piece of shit

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
International news, they are worthless. 90% of local news is political. Because they are paranoid cunts. Minus away ads just what are sinkies reading?they could pay me and i still have no use for the piece of shit

If you were Rip Van Winkle, & you had slept for a hundred years & woke up & Shit Times is still around & you pick up a copy to read, you will say " SAME SHITS!".

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why bother? Go scmp. Free and more newsworthy. They have a section about singapore and you will be surprised the amount of crap straits times dished out.