• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Goh Meng Seng wacks PAP at Hong Lim, VOWS to win a GRC

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Excerpts from Mr Goh Meng Seng's speech:

Watch the video in 3 parts here:

http://wayangparty.com/2008/11/30/m...-support-tan-kin-lians-bid-for-public-office/

“If Town Councils have lost money, or become nearly zero, they can go back to us and say ‘you should be grateful to us because we made money for you in the past’. Imagine I am a company CEO, I go and employ somebody, I say ‘look, you invest for me this, I pay you high money to invest’, for the first few years, you make money for me, am I supposed to be grateful to you ? No right, because I pay you money, you are paid to do a job, but later on you lose all my money, then I say ‘what happen, why you lose my money ” and he said: ‘hey, you should be grateful to me for making money for you the last few years.’ Do you want to keep such a fund manager ?” (From the crowd: “SACK HIM !!”)

“So it’s an illogic. No sorry from the ministers, from the MPs or the PAP. No sorry. If you are humble enough and admit your mistake, then maybe I think, never mind, we will forgive you, but this is not the case, so it comes back to the main point - what is happening to our political elites, who demand high pay, high benefits, many months of bonuses and in the end, they come back to tell you ‘I sacrifice, you should be grateful to me, I make my money for you’. And when their mistakes are bound, they just brush it aside.”"We need people to account for what they do, and we need a voice to go into Parliament and tell them ‘hey this is not the way to do things’.”

“This is my petition to Mr Tan. He has his network to get credible people to stand for election and let us have a voice in Parliament. We cannot let this country to go on with such a political leadership.”

“So is it time for us to rethink about this political competition within the system, to make them work. My aim is very simple - once we break through one GRC in this system, everything will change. Why ? Because PAP MPs and ministers are very comfortable within the fortress of the GRC because they think GRC is ‘Bao Chiak!’”

“We have to build a democratic society to break one GRC, when one GRC falls, the fortress will fall, nobody within the PAP will think he is iron rice bowl and no minister will think he will get into Parliament no matter what because he is in GRC and maybe by then they will truly come and listen to you at Hong Lim Park.”