• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Goh Meng Seng Seow Leow!

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nov 23, 2009
12,000 homes over 5 years
By Jessica Cheam

THE Housing Board (HDB) will offer an estimated 10,000 to 12,000 flats yearly for the next five years to meet growing demand and ensure sufficient housing, said National Development Minister Mah Bow Tan on Monday.

But this number is a projection, he emphasised. 'What actually happens a few years down the road is unknown. Also, demand is not constant; it varies from year to year, depending on economic and other factors,' he said.

This medium-term projection serves as a guide for HDB's build-to-order (BTO) scheme, which is flexible, transparent and responsive to actual demand, said Mr Mah.

Mr Mah was addressing a range of housing issues in Parliament on Monday.

He noted that HDB had responded quickly to the spike in demand for flats this year by upping its planned flat supply of 6,000 for the year initially, to offering 13,500 flats in total for 2009.

For the first time, Mr Mah also revealed on Monday that although HDB's policy is not to deliberately have a buffer of ready flats for home buyers, it does have a stock of ready flats making up about 10 per cent of flat supply.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Haha, it is actually good news. :wink:

The HDB guys must have visited this forum which I have put up my simple estimate of demand by looking at the population by cohort. I remember my estimate is about 10K to 12K.

This only solve 20% of the whole problem. There are more problems unsolved and now I am thinking about new solutions. :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
mr Goh, did you go and peek lao Ma's estimates like Tharman lets some media to peek at the growth estimates many years ago?

haha,,, joking

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nice I like your spirit!! :biggrin:

I'd definitely vote for you if you compete in my constituency......LOL!

vote for anyone except those from SDP. most of gms's ardent fans are from sdp which is out to diminish chances of other political wannabe from winning wards.

sdp's motto is: IF THEY CAN'T WIN, THEY MAKE SURE OTHERS DON'T WIN TOO.:oIo:

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
vote for anyone except those from SDP. most of gms's ardent fans are from sdp which is out to diminish chances of other political wannabe from winning wards.

sdp's motto is: IF THEY CAN'T WIN, THEY MAKE SURE OTHERS DON'T WIN TOO.:oIo:

dun like that lah, sdp got different style of politics....those dumbassed types...

but if sdp were to be elected into the parliament....sure bring alot of varieties into our gabramen..

i will watch parliament everyday.....:biggrin:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
dun like that lah, sdp got different style of politics....those dumbassed types...

but if sdp were to be elected into the parliament....sure bring alot of varieties into our gabramen..

i will watch parliament everyday.....:biggrin:

from the past record after chiam, SDP has been getting from bad to worst. i didn't know that adultery is also their seal of approval for human rights.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Haha, it is actually good news. :wink:

The HDB guys must have visited this forum which I have put up my simple estimate of demand by looking at the population by cohort. I remember my estimate is about 10K to 12K.

This only solve 20% of the whole problem. There are more problems unsolved and now I am thinking about new solutions. :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

Goh, if you recall, HDB used to build 30,000 to 40,000 units a year in the 70s and 80s. This 10,000 to 12,000 unit is peanuts and a mere fraction of what they use to do. Its not big deal, except when mah bow tofu says it is.