• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Goh Meng Seng attacks Yaw Shin Leong on his blog

BlueWave

Alfrescian
Loyal
For me, I will just sit and watch how the internal back stabbing work out to be. If it can go to such extend now, let's see how it will develop in near future.

Goh Meng Seng

wow. what a hypocrite.

you are the one holding the parang in your hands and stabbing wp now. yet you still claim that you only 'sit & watch'.

is it the same in macau? you only 'sit and watch' but no touch touch?

maozedong

Alfrescian
Loyal
If they are so sure they can win Hougang again in a by-election, I think LTK would have asked YSL to resign. I don't think they are sure.

LTK will probably not field YSL again in the next GE and PAP cannot really attack WP on this anymore. Well, the PAP can try to make this an issue but it won't stick if YSL is no longer running or even better no longer in the exco of WP.

YSL does not strike me as very bright or leadership material. Sure, you don't have to be very brilliant to be a good MP, and there are also many mediocre PAP MPs. But it helps if all the opposition MPs are top cailber (like TLK, Sylvia, CSM) because there are so few of them and all the eyes are on them.

Towards the Re-unification of China and Singapore.

Actually, it doesn't matter whether other people believe it is true or not. It is the perception of applying double standards and the inability of WP to practice what it preaches that matters.

As for Hougang itself, most of the people either believe YSL is innocent, just the usual PAP tactic in attacking opposition or it doesn't matter to them. Even if there is a by-elections in Hougang, any candidate from WP will still be able to win hands down. It is not a matter of concern at all.

This may be the basis why WP chose to remain silent, knowing that it will not lose support in Hougang any way. However, this episode will leave open an attack front for PAP in future GEs.

For me, I will just sit and watch how the internal back stabbing work out to be. If it can go to such extend now, let's see how it will develop in near future.

Goh Meng Seng

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
I will tell you most of the rumors about WP's internal strife come directly from WP itself. I hardly bother about "spreading" it because it is apparent that some insects were trying to create havoc within. For what reasons? The reasons are obvious.

Goh Meng Seng

The reason is that you are the equivalent of the fable "A dog in the manger".

Quote from Wiki:
'People frequently begrudge something to others that they themselves cannot enjoy. Even though it does them no good, they won't let others have it. Listen to a fable about such an event. There was a wicked dog lying in a manger full of hay. When the cattle came and wanted to eat, the dog barred their way, baring his teeth. The cattle said to the dog, "You are being very unfair by begrudging us something we need which is useless to you. Dogs don't eat hay, but you will not let us near it." The fable shows that it is not easy to avoid envy; with some effort you can try to escape its effects, but it never goes away entirely.'

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Please lah, don't blame others for your internal problems. Wicked? You are just blind and deaf inside, that's all. :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

The reason is that you are the equivalent of the fable "A dog in the manger".

Quote from Wiki:
'People frequently begrudge something to others that they themselves cannot enjoy. Even though it does them no good, they won't let others have it. Listen to a fable about such an event. There was a wicked dog lying in a manger full of hay. When the cattle came and wanted to eat, the dog barred their way, baring his teeth. The cattle said to the dog, "You are being very unfair by begrudging us something we need which is useless to you. Dogs don't eat hay, but you will not let us near it." The fable shows that it is not easy to avoid envy; with some effort you can try to escape its effects, but it never goes away entirely.'

jw5

Loyal
Please lah, don't blame others for your internal problems. Wicked? You are just blind and deaf inside, that's all. :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

I am not and have never been a member of any political party.
Just an ordinary Singaporean voter who now despises you.
All those oppositon party members who have screwed up did so because of their own shortcomings and flaws.
Even the honest pap members and supporters will claim that they are doing what they do to benefit themselves and their families.
You are worse than all of them, deliberately being malicious out of envy, jealousy and a personal feud over one grc.

Have you got no respect for the ordinary Singaporean voter especially those who voted opposition and WP?
Which segment of the voting population do u now plan to target?

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
All those oppositon party members who have screwed up did so because of their own shortcomings and flaws.
Even the honest pap members and supporters will claim that they are doing what they do to benefit themselves and their families.
You are worse than all of them, deliberately being malicious out of envy, jealousy and a personal feud over one grc.

Have you got no respect for the ordinary Singaporean voter especially those who voted opposition and WP?

Goddamn, i can't believe i voted for this wanker in 2006

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
That's your own bias. I didn't even attack YSL. Even give my advice which was derived from open source observations from HK. The results of such PR management is open for all to see.

You think there is "envy, jealousy" etc etc. You are really totally mistaken. Really nothing to envy about, especially so now that WP and YSL get into such trouble which will trouble them for many years to come.

I am just an observer now. It is just very unfortunate that WP has gotten into the wrong footing right after they have won more seats. Now, even CSM's initial speech will come back to haunt him. What can go wrong have gone wrong for WP. Nothing to do with anybody else "envy and jealousy", definitely not me. If you want to blame, the only one you could blame is WP itself.

I have told a few people, if I am a journalist, both PAP and WP will hate me dearly because I will ask them very sharp questions. It is a pretty common practice in other places like Taiwan and Hong Kong. But it seems that even with a very mild journalistic culture in Singapore, both PAP and WP have difficulties in coping with the PR front.

Many people thought that its because of the argue of one GRC in GE2011 that make me angry. Well, I am totally entitled to be angry because WP has sent a third rate team there without any intention to fight to win there as compared to NSP's resolve to fight to win there. In simple terms, WP is the spoiler there. I would not be that angry if at least YSL was sent there to fight and try to win. But nevertheless, I have prevented a three corner fight there even though I am angry back then. Never mind the details but that's the truth.

Well, in some ways, my anger has totally subsided because somehow, the comparative results between Marine Parade and MK have vindicated my point that WP is silly to play hardball to become spoiler in MK while they could have done very much better in Marine Parade which is just next to Aljunied and East Coast. They might have won MP if they just field a second rate team there! On hindsight, it is "lucky" that things turn out to be the way it is. If WP had listened to my reasoning and contested in MP, it would have more than 10 MPs by now. It may be good for opposition on the surface but WP may turn into an even more arrogant party which will ignore everyone else and play harder ball next round. WP members could only bang chests now for the missed opportunity whenever they talk about Marine Parade.

So, in conclusion, I really do not have any envy nor anger at WP at all. Maybe a bit of cynical about WP because it has shown that it really lacks strategic sense and mind in GE2011. Of course, somehow underneath that supposedly calm of "unity" and "discipline" lies massive scheming and backstabbing which put me in awe sometimes.

Goh Meng Seng

Goh Meng Seng

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
GD,

Well, PAP has found the cover they needed for the present scandal in the civil service. However, there is a distinct difference between civil service and party candidates. It is yet to be seen how this will play out. Hopefully they are not that smart. It also depend on the expected 3 or multi-corner fight scenarios.

As far as I know, now the editors of SPH are telling their reporters to go for an angle of how bad the WP leadership's judgment is when it comes to selecting candidates. This will be one level up the notch in keeping the fire of Yaw-gate burning on.

Goh Meng Seng

PAP not stupid. THey fire one round, WP fire 6 rounds. Still wanna attack? You only go for the kill when your cupboard has no skeletons. Costs-benefits analysis?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have told a few people, if I am a journalist, both PAP and WP will hate me dearly because I will ask them very sharp questions. It is a pretty common practice in other places like Taiwan and Hong Kong. But it seems that even with a very mild journalistic culture in Singapore, both PAP and WP have difficulties in coping with the PR front.

Take my brotherly advice. DO NOT overrate yourself coz like a boomerang, it will return and knock you out. Better to be humble. From your posts thus far, not likely you are able to ask VERY sharp questions. Sharp questions, once awhile, should be able to just make it.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Well, in relative terms, of course. :wink:

I must say, the SPH reporters are getting sharper nowadays. Let's see how they are going to change the angle of fire now.

Goh Meng Seng

Take my brotherly advice. DO NOT overrate yourself coz like a boomerang, it will return and knock you out. Better to be humble. From your posts thus far, not likely you are able to ask VERY sharp questions. Sharp questions, once awhile, should be able to just make it.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
GD,

As far as I know, now the editors of SPH are telling their reporters to go for an angle of how bad the WP leadership's judgment is when it comes to selecting candidates. This will be one level up the notch in keeping the fire of Yaw-gate burning on.

Goh Meng Seng

If SPH or PAP do not know when to stop, it will back back-fire while trying to burn other people backyard. You were with James Gomez in 2006 election, you know how sympathy votes were given to James when PAP mount collective attack on James? At last minute, PAP knew they went beyond limit when voters were not happy with PAP unethical strategy. If SPH and PAP are wise, they will not repeat the same stupid underhanded attack again. Voters are now more sympathetic towards opposition more than PAP. The wind is not in PAP hands.

ektay

Alfrescian
Loyal
If YSL did nothing wrong in the first place, then GMS did not attack YSL right? So the question now is.......did YSL screw a married woman from WP?

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
LTK will probably not field YSL again in the next GE and PAP cannot really attack WP on this anymore. Well, the PAP can try to make this an issue but it won't stick if YSL is no longer running or even better no longer in the exco of WP.

if Low drop YSL... I CHOP!!!

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will tell you most of the rumors about WP's internal strife come directly from WP itself. I hardly bother about "spreading" it because it is apparent that some insects were trying to create havoc within. For what reasons? The reasons are obvious.

Goh Meng Seng

whut s so obvious??? can some1 point out??

Last edited: