• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

GMS should step down as Sec-Gen of NSP

metalrover

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is not about "respect" on whether other parties "give way" or not. In politics, the cruel reality is about party branding. I did not really get into the "negotiation" because I know what the outcome will be. People who think that other parties will "give way" to them just because they "command respect" is utterly naive. It is about how strong your party is, nothing to do with "respect".

I do not think it is good idea for Tony and Hazel to fight a three corner fight in Moulmein Kallang, especially so when it is their first battle. As I say, there is no IFs in politics.

I do not think it is appropriate to change key leadership positions in NSP now but you are right, Nicole may be suited to lead the NSP Youth Guild.

Goh Meng Seng

Dear ah goh, please don't give up. Your minister specific strategy has worked well, NSP managed 31% for Tampines in 2006, 42% in 2011, it's a 10% vote swing. You has done well in leading NSP, please do not give up.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Goh Meng Seng has turned out to be an average candidate.

Even having experience of 2 elections, his rally speeches are at best average. His team mates Reno Fong and Syafarin Sarif spoke better and could connect with the crowd better.

As Sec-Gen, GMS had proved that he seriously lacked the savvy of a politician and discipline when he ranted in his blog (not once but twice) about WP wanting to contest Moulmein-Kallang GRC. Even when he came out and said he had posted under his personal capacity, everyone knew his immature motives.

His live debating skills are not impressive. Even when debating his favourite housing topic on TV, he fumbled and did not spoke coherently.

There are of course plus points GMS deserves. He singlehandedly floored Michael Palmer on TV (on the need for GRC) is memorable. He also managed to attract ex-RP's candidates like Tony, Hazel and Nicole.

Just like making a movie, there are those in front of the camera and many behind the camera. GMS has tried his chances in front of the camera and it did not turn out too impressive. He should now go behind the camera where he could contribute more.

It is best that he retreats to the background as council member and helps out like Tan Chee Kian.

Just like the recent Eric Tan episode where the candidate shows his true colours and puts self before party, we would want to see whether GMS puts the better good of the party before his personal ambition to become MP and retreat to the background.

if chee isn't stepping down, why should ah seng? SDP under chee is one messed up party. does chee ever quitting and handing it over to the newly gathered talents?

obviously not. chee hasn't fulfil his aim of destroying singapore and with the new talents at his disposal, he just need to work our his psychotic plan to exploit to do his dirty works.

rover2sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey, this is not simple dating or courtship,lah. Do you really want to place our country future in a young inexperienced novice. She has still a long way to go in proving herself.

Using her personal account and departing from her party in soliciting donations shows lack of political maturity.