• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Girl-on-girl kiss at Star Awards: MDA probing if this violated TV code

heyheyhey

Alfrescian
Loyal
A kiss between local actresses Vivian Lai and Kate Pang during Sunday's live telecast of the Star Awards Show 2 drew strong reactions from offended viewers and caught the attention of MDA, who is investigating the matter.

According to a news report, when actress-host Vivian Lai was announced as one of the Top 10 Most Female Artistes, she stood up and turned to hug then kiss Kate Pang on the lips.

STOMPer Decaf wrote:

"I think the kiss was no big deal. There are far more disturbing things shown on cable TV these days.

"I think the actresses were probably doing it to get attention. And they certainly achieved that goal since they made headlines."

Unlike the STOMPer, some viewers were so disturbed by the kiss, they called Lianhe Wanbao's hotline to complain about the matter.

The Media Development Authority (MDA) is investigating the incident to see if it breached its content guideline. A spokesperson for the MDA said: "Free-to-air broadcasters are expected to adhere to the free-to-air TV programme code. MDA is currently looking into this to see if there is any breach of our content guidelines.

The TV programme code includes the following guidelines under the section on public morals and social values: Information, themes or subplots on lifestyles such as homosexuality, lesbianism, bisexualism, transsexualism, transvestism, paedophilia and incest should be treated with utmost caution. Their treatment should not in any way promote, justify or glamorise such lifestyles. Explicit depictions of the above should not be broadcast.

36-year-old Vivian Lai thinks the matter was blown out of proportion. She said: "I kissed (Pang) to show my joy... It was a natural reaction." The two women are close friends who often hang out together. Lai, who is married with two children, says she cares for Pang like she would a younger sister.

Pang said: "I feel that as long as you love someone, you can kiss that person, regardless of whether it's a man or a woman."

Public displays of affection aside, this year's Star Awards also raised eyebrows due to the skimpy outfits on display, as well as numerous fashion fails amongst the stars.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fashion fails - YES
Skimpy outfits - Din see any

The kiss is just for show la, the 2 looked so unnatural machiam doing it for 1st time..........no tongues also.......
If true then Lai's husband in for a threesome treat

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
20120504.120047_kiss430.jpg

pic1.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic6.jpg

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If there start kissing each other arse openly, I worry!. Wait! a minute, haven't they been doing that all the time?

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i wanna complain...kiss then left hand must fondle breast, right hand must go dig CB...

this is nothing....

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Geeze in most european country that is the way they greet each other!

[video=youtube;wXIAHhbdeQw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXIAHhbdeQw[/video]

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We are ruled by Puritan prudes.

6a0120a60ea233970c012875c25282970c-800wi

Yes, girl-on-girl kissing is so going to convert impressionable young girls into lesbianism. Those evil GLBT people! :rolleyes:

Keep rapping, you MDA turds.

[video=youtube;ksw2UqTyhhc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksw2UqTyhhc[/video]

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal
I recall Vivian Lai did the same stunt last year.

Why is she in the Top 10 in the first place?

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is the reason why Singapore birth rate so low. This also cannot , that also cannot.

not a valid reason leh.

we are a asian society. certain taboos should be avoided.

our culture and the angmo culture are entirely difference.
see a angmo with tattoo , wearing a short and T-shirt, sinkies say it is art.
when they see a chinese with tattoo , they say must be gangster.
you get the drift ?

and there are silly Inglish educated goons like to imitate what the westerners do.

tangmo actress like to wear the bare minimum for this and that film award functions.
local so called talented actress followed suit.
is it really necessary to dress this way for the "Star" Award ?
it this the de facto dress code ?

akunei

Alfrescian
Loyal
A kiss between local actresses Vivian Lai and Kate Pang during Sunday's live telecast of the Star Awards Show 2 drew strong reactions from offended viewers and caught the attention of MDA, who is investigating the matter.

They should just jump up from the seat and give each other a FIVE instead.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
this is really good friends displaying their love and fellowship,nanbeh like this also cannot! we are animals with instincts or just robots with bird brains! kissing is nothing lah! why all these big fuss! old uncle kill old aunties everyday!!!...do it with love and you can see lah this is certainly not sexual or obscene. it's just overwhelming happiness and deep gratitude !!! know not?

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The fact that one of them is married with 2 kids seem totally loss to the jokers who complain about this

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It shows how ignorant, out dated, conservative we are as Singaporeans, I'm so embarrassed about it