• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Gilbert goh: Official complaint to u.n. Regarding unfair election practices

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very little UN can do unless it comes with sanctions. That will again depend on whether the big powers wants to take actions and if that serve their own national interests.

Reality is international justices is relative and not absolute.

Lemon

Alfrescian
Loyal
i thot he complaining about the strange piece of paper used in voting.

yes, Gilbert should have highlighted the use of the strange piece of black ballot paper used.

The black ballot paper was the secret of all the dirty tricks. I think they must have paid some manufacturers a lot of money to keep the secret. No secret lasts forever. Someday we will know the truth I guess.

One of the brothers from this SBF speculated (in another forum thread) that could be the reason why Ho Ching took six months sabbatical leave to work on this.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Analysis of the GE2015 result:

新加坡大选胜败分析
http://www.nandazhan.com/zh/wsgdaxuan.htm

TLDR: Sinkies are politically neutered and easily bribed.

Nice little bit from Max Weber's political theory (something most Sinkies have zero interest in). :wink:

德国政治经济学家、社会学家、哲学家,现代社会学和公共行政学最重要的创始人之一马克西米利安·艾米尔·韦伯在马克思主义的阶级理论的基础上创立了与之不同的社会分层理论,他提出了划分社会阶层的三个标准:政治标准(权力)、经济标准(财富)和社会标准(威望)。韦伯的社会分层理论与马克思主义的阶级理论都承认经济因素在社会结构分化中的作用,但在马克思主义的阶级理论中,经济因素是决定性的,即对生产资料的占有状况决定了一个人的阶级属性,而在韦伯的社会阶层理论中,经济因素只是影响阶层地位的因素之一。以此分析和认识新加坡社会问题、社会性质、社会和政治力量,以经济分层为起点,既坚持阶级分析,又深化阶层分析,将政治态度、政治利益和政治身份分析引入社会分层,结合新加坡的具体实际,就较能准确地分析出每届大选结果的根本原因。

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three-component_theory_of_stratification

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Gilbert called our PM Lee a "traitor", and slyly changed it to 'trader' to avoid being sued. Well, I now called Gilbert a traitor! Traitor! This fcuker is trying to collude with foreigners to discredit his own country! How different is he from those lackeys in tv who collude with foreigners to harm his own countrymen?

Lemon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gilbert called our PM Lee a "traitor", and slyly changed it to 'trader' to avoid being sued. Well, I now called Gilbert a traitor! Traitor! This fcuker is trying to collude with foreigners to discredit his own country! How different is he from those lackeys in tv who collude with foreigners to harm his own countrymen?

Please lah, Gilbert did not say anything bad about Singapore. Gilbert said something bad about the PAP. That is the problem with PAP supporters, always mix up the two. PAP is PAP. PAP is not Singapore, get this fact into your brain!

My limpeh and ah kong (not THAT ah kong) worked hard for this country too, you know.

Gilbert is not trying to discredit Singapore, he is only trying to point out PAP's dishonesty and indecency in winning an election by cheating means.