• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Giants of TV Entertainment - Wang Sa & Ye Fong

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
15 Feb 2012 is the 49th anniversary of TV broadcast in Singapore, and for a long while Wang Sa and Ye Fong were the giants of Singaporean TV entertainment. Sadly, their enormous talents were watered down by the linguistic cleansing of the Speak Mandarin Campaign. And we hear so little of them now - it is almost as if they want us to forget.

[video=youtube;vWCEqTwgY30]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWCEqTwgY30[/video]

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
15 Feb 2012 is the 49th anniversary of TV broadcast in Singapore, and for a long while Wang Sa and Ye Fong were the giants of Singaporean TV entertainment. Sadly, their enormous talents were watered down by the linguistic cleansing of the Speak Mandarin Campaign. And we hear so little of them now - it is almost as if they want us to forget.

I used to own a few of their casettes, it was hilarious. Really missed it. Any bros here have it and can upload? Or have a link smewhere?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ah Pui & Ah San....never fail to entertain.
In his later years Ye Fong had a chicken rice stall near Chomp Chomp

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I enjoyed their hilarious show as a young man.

Use to watch it at the nearby community centre.

Another good one was "Pak Awang Temberang"

If only our local TV can screen such oldies !!

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They showed these 2 years ago on some variety show with mark lee hosting and this bugger lee didn't even show any respect. I suppose mark lee considers his own comedy better than theirs. If it was the US a present comedian/ hoster would have respected an earlier comedian instead of being non chalent about it. Seriously i believe mark lee and jack neo think that they are the kings of comedy in sg.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I watched their performances (in Mandarin) on tv in the 1980s. They were then replaced by the comedy duo 'Big Mouth' and 'Big Nose', who were in turn replaced by Jack Neo and Moses Lim.

Too bad everything turned to shit at the turn of the millennium. Now you only see crappy reality shows, makan shows and uninspiring, low budget productions. Jack Neo got engrossed with making his crap movies, and his disciples simply cannot make it.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They showed these 2 years ago on some variety show with mark lee hosting and this bugger lee didn't even show any respect. I suppose mark lee considers his own comedy better than theirs. If it was the US a present comedian/ hoster would have respected an earlier comedian instead of being non chalent about it. Seriously i believe mark lee and jack neo think that they are the kings of comedy in sg.

Maybe Mark Lee thinks he is the Son of Christopher Lee.
And Jack Neo feels he is better then Steven Spielberg.
This is a common trait among Singaporeans made famous locally. They look down on others before them.
The same will happen to them in a few years time when new Markos Leeyon and Jacko Neons have replaced them.
Ask Christopher Lee about Mark Lee and he will try to imagine from where these pock-marked person came from.
Ask Steven Speilberg and he will be happy to make the Film, "Looters of People's Fame"

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe Mark Lee thinks he is the Son of Christopher Lee.
And Jack Neo feels he is better then Steven Spielberg.
This is a common trait among Singaporeans made famous locally. They look down on others before them.
The same will happen to them in a few years time when new Markos Leeyon and Jacko Neons have replaced them.
Ask Christopher Lee about Mark Lee and he will try to imagine from where these pock-marked person came from.
Ask Steven Speilberg and he will be happy to make the Film, "Looters of People's Fame"

Seriously sinkies seem to have this disrespectful characteristic inside of them and further more jack and mark's films are horrible. They are also willing to put down ppl more successful than them.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I watched their performances (in Mandarin) on tv in the 1980s. They were then replaced by the comedy duo 'Big Mouth' and 'Big Nose', who were in turn replaced by Jack Neo and Moses Lim.

Too bad everything turned to shit at the turn of the millennium. Now you only see crappy reality shows, makan shows and uninspiring, low budget productions. Jack Neo got engrossed with making his crap movies, and his disciples simply cannot make it.
Jack Neo stinks to high heavens only stupid people will pay money to watch his crap....his disciples also all shitty....Mark Lee, Pat Mok and Ah Nam represents low class Beng humor....only Hui Ge is okay. Moses Lim was smarter and did not overstay his welcome.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
pak awang suka temberang

dari pagi sampai petang

I only remember these 2 lines at the beginning of the song.

I enjoyed their hilarious show as a young man.

Use to watch it at the nearby community centre.

Another good one was "Pak Awang Temberang"

If only our local TV can screen such oldies !!

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
famous lines were ...tee oi, chore nang agak agak tiok ho .

famous song .....hang fai tee lah wei .....sung to the tune of the Beatles' 'Cant buy me love'

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jack Neo stinks to high heavens only stupid people will pay money to watch his crap....his disciples also all shitty....Mark Lee, Pat Mok and Ah Nam represents low class Beng humor....only Hui Ge is okay. Moses Lim was smarter and did not overstay his welcome.

it's true that they have low class humor but the thing is all of them are probably more successful than moses lim and might be richer too.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it's true that they have low class humor but the thing is all of them are probably more successful than moses lim and might be richer too.
'successful' if you see it in the financial sense....can't blame them.....it relects on the low standard of the local audience as well.

BalanceR

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the country we live in, money is everything. It determines your status and the respect you get. Many would do anything to get money.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
They showed these 2 years ago on some variety show with mark lee hosting and this bugger lee didn't even show any respect. I suppose mark lee considers his own comedy better than theirs. Seriously i believe mark lee and jack neo think that they are the kings of comedy in sg.

You're right about this. They get so carried away that jack Neo insisted people calling him 梁导and and Mark Lee had called himself 本土天王on National TV. Anyway, for someone who named his own son Raffles, it certainly shows his own stupidity and ignorance.

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You're right about this. They get so carried away that jack Neo insisted people calling him 梁导and and Mark Lee had called himself 本土天王on National TV. Anyway, for someone who named his own son Raffles, it certainly shows his own stupidity and ignorance.
when those HK or Taiwanese come here as guests they also no respect....come on those are at least real celebs who can cut it in a real competitive entertainment industry. I dun like taiwanese programmes much but they are still head and shoulders above these ah bengs.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

is it jack or mark? I think mark lee doesn't have a son. Naming his son raffles? Just like the other couple that named their child beckham. Real ah beng class. Mark lee might be an ah beng but he's freaking rich. Owning coffee chains like old town and i think a few other businesses.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
when those HK or Taiwanese come here as guests they also no respect....come on those are at least real celebs who can cut it in a real competitive entertainment industry. I dun like taiwanese programmes much but they are still head and shoulders above these ah bengs.

I noticed that mark lee has always been a very disrespectful fella. I remember once he made a comment about ekin cheng and jordan chan in the 90s when they were super popular cos of the triad series young and dangerous and movies like wind and cloud. He commented that ekin cheng and jordan chan spoke pretty bad mandarin since both of them come from HK and speak cantonese. Real idiotic statement.