• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

GF Ridicules Mooncake Made By Bf’s Mom, Says It’s Too Cheap For Her To Eat

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal

Published 6 hours ago

September 15, 2022
By Manda

Mooncakee

Source: 123rf & DouGuo

Over the weekend, many people have celebrated a festive season called Mid-Autumn festival. Other than having lanterns as part of the celebration, many people would also indulge in a sweet pastry called mooncake.

Just recently, a guy from Hong Kong shared a post to a website about his girlfriend.

In his post, he mentioned,

“My girlfriend came over last weekend to celebrate Mid-Autumn festival with my family. My mother really likes her and gave her a box of homemade mooncakes asking her to bring it home for her family.”

Then, she told his mother,

“How could I bring this home for my family? Even though the packaging is nice, it’s still cheap. How could it compare to those that are sold outside?”

She also told his mother that she doesn’t like red bean mooncakes and only likes custard mooncakes. But in the end, she just took the mooncakes and went home.

“When I walked my girlfriend out of the house, I told her to just WhatsApp me and went back inside. My mother was visibly hurt and said, homemade mooncakes don’t taste as good and isn’t as fancy as the ones the sell outside, I think it’s better if I don’t make it next year,” he said.

His girlfriend then called him asking why didn’t he stop his mother from giving her the mooncake. “She even said that my family did indeed buy the expensive custard mooncake, but why did my mum have to give her the homemade ones instead”, he mentioned.

Then he continued in his post saying that he argued with her, and he feels like breaking up with her.

Netizens think he should break up with her

“When she becomes your wife, she’s going to take your credit card and buy 50-60 expensive mooncakes as gifts for other people.”

“This girl has got no manners; you should break up with her.”

“Just break up, a box of mooncake is enough to show that she is a gold digger.”

What would you do if you’re in his position? Would you have broken up with her?

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://m.discuss.com.hk/index.php?action=thread&tid=30754869#pid551868372

女朋友噚晚嚟食飯提早同我屋企做中秋節,阿媽覺得女朋友好乖好好會陪老人家食飯
阿媽近年愛上咗整嘢食送畀人,今年佢整咗好多月餅送畀街坊食又送畀親戚,臨走嗰陣阿媽拎咗盒自家製嘅月餅畀女朋友同佢講呢啲係Auntie小小心意,又叫女朋友拎返屋企同佢屋企人一齊食

點知女朋友話:Auntie,呢啲自家製月餅邊上得大場面?雖然包裝好靚但係始終同街買嘅月餅都唔同。女朋友仲話佢只會食貴價奶黃月餅,呢啲紅豆月餅佢唔食,最後女朋友好勉強地收咗盒月餅
搞到我阿媽個樣勁唔開心又唔想鬧我女朋友…

呢件事之後我冇送到我女朋友返屋企,只係叫佢返到屋企Whatsapp話我知,我就返去哄返我阿媽
雖然阿媽口講話佢唔介意呢啲自家製係冇街買咁矜貴又冇咁好食,下年佢就唔整月餅啦…
我真心覺得阿媽整啲月餅好好食,自從阿媽會整月餅之後我都冇食過買返嚟嘅月餅
幾經辛苦哄返阿媽之後女朋友返到屋企打電話鬧我點解唔阻止佢阿媽送月餅畀佢,仲鬧我阿媽明明屋企有貴嘢奶黃月餅都唔送畀佢反而畀自家製嘅佢,講到我阿媽係整埋一大堆嘢食而家發現食唔晒想塞畀佢清貨,留返貴嘢自己食
明明係我阿媽一番好心送嘢畀佢食,就算拎到返去唔食都唔需要咁樣落我阿媽面掛?忍唔住鬧咗佢一句話使唔使咁講嘢,唔鍾意以後唔好再上嚟同我屋企人食飯

女朋友好意思話我為咗月餅呢啲小事就發佢脾氣,唔知由幾時開始佢會變到又唔理人感受又唔感激其他人為佢做嘅嘢,佢咁樣話阿媽搞到我cut佢線之後佢再打電話嚟我都冇聽
呢啲事想分手係咪我小題大做?

Butterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal

Published 6 hours ago

September 15, 2022
By Manda

Mooncakee

Source: 123rf & DouGuo

Over the weekend, many people have celebrated a festive season called Mid-Autumn festival. Other than having lanterns as part of the celebration, many people would also indulge in a sweet pastry called mooncake.

Just recently, a guy from Hong Kong shared a post to a website about his girlfriend.

In his post, he mentioned,

“My girlfriend came over last weekend to celebrate Mid-Autumn festival with my family. My mother really likes her and gave her a box of homemade mooncakes asking her to bring it home for her family.”

Then, she told his mother,

“How could I bring this home for my family? Even though the packaging is nice, it’s still cheap. How could it compare to those that are sold outside?”

She also told his mother that she doesn’t like red bean mooncakes and only likes custard mooncakes. But in the end, she just took the mooncakes and went home.

“When I walked my girlfriend out of the house, I told her to just WhatsApp me and went back inside. My mother was visibly hurt and said, homemade mooncakes don’t taste as good and isn’t as fancy as the ones the sell outside, I think it’s better if I don’t make it next year,” he said.

His girlfriend then called him asking why didn’t he stop his mother from giving her the mooncake. “She even said that my family did indeed buy the expensive custard mooncake, but why did my mum have to give her the homemade ones instead”, he mentioned.

Then he continued in his post saying that he argued with her, and he feels like breaking up with her.

Netizens think he should break up with her

“When she becomes your wife, she’s going to take your credit card and buy 50-60 expensive mooncakes as gifts for other people.”

“This girl has got no manners; you should break up with her.”

“Just break up, a box of mooncake is enough to show that she is a gold digger.”

What would you do if you’re in his position? Would you have broken up with her?
she is rude. my personal experience is when my ex boyfriend's mother made roast pork for me to take home, even if i didn't like it, i would take it back without complaint. at most, i just left it in the fridge for a few weeks till it wasn't edible and i had the perfect excuse to discard it without guilt or feeling bad to her.

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
she knows the price of everything but knows the value of nothing. homemade stuff with motherly care and love is unique as each one is never the same as the other, not cookie cutter nor factory made, and is worth more than mass produced manufactured stuff by its intrinsic and special ingredient value - sweat, saliva, spit included. and if daddy did it, may be sperm too.

FUNCHOI

Alfrescian
Loyal
she is rude. my personal experience is when my ex boyfriend's mother made roast pork for me to take home, even if i didn't like it, i would take it back without complaint. at most, i just left it in the fridge for a few weeks till it wasn't edible and i had the perfect excuse to discard it without guilt or feeling bad to her.

KNN

You are very thoughtful.

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
she knows the price of everything but knows the value of nothing. homemade stuff with motherly care and love is unique as each one is never the same as the other, not cookie cutter nor factory made, and is worth more than mass produced manufactured stuff by its intrinsic and special ingredient value - sweat, saliva, spit included. and if daddy did it, may be sperm too.
Heng ah! I don't eat Moon cakes :biggrin: