• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Get Ready for Cheaper Housing...

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ze key word here is affordable ...

but u can b sure dey wun b chippa ...

chippa?, they will come out with chippa, affordable, for $8 only, you get just a flat with cement walls & floors, you pay for the add-ons, like buying from Ikea...

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cost of 4-room flat in 1960, 1970, 1980, 1990, 2000, 2010 on a psf basis.

If in 1960, it costs $20,000 for 100 sq m and today costs $800,000 for 80 sq m, then the actual cost increase is from $200 sqm to $1000 sqm over a span of 50 years. This works out to an annual inflation rate of ???.

If you feel that is too far-fetched, then compare 1990 with 2010. Better still, compare on the basis of Ministers. When Minister so and so was in office, the price of flat is ??sqm and tabulate it on the basis of the Ministers. You can then see their key indicators.

Interesting point to tabulate it by Ministers. This can be done for housing, medical care, transport. You can also do a comparison table on Prime Ministers on any key indicators you like though it depends on the public to determine if you are talking sense or nonsense.

I think tabulating on the basis of Ministers makes some sense when you compare their relative effectiveness across similar talents.

Ya I agree can like this do. but who will go do it? Where get data?

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think he should set simple yet practical targets over next 5 years:

1. Keep resale flat prices stable

2. Manage new flat prices down about 10%

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The only way to satisfy both current owners and buyers is to increase the subsidies for 1st time buyers who are singapore citizens.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
You bunch of sinkies are fucking conned together with the stupid oppos. I don't understand why the fuck is the oppos comparing 4 room or 5 room price year after year when HDB has been changing the goalpost by changing the SIZE of the fucking flat.

Why the knn oppos and especailly GMS so thick in the head? Why never do a PER SQ FEET price comparison. Then you will see the knn difference and real inflation! So how, you guys going to do that? What is the per sq feet or per sqm price changes for the last 2-10 years in percentage?

And what is your stupid point ???

papFart

Alfrescian
Loyal
chippa?, they will come out with chippa, affordable, for $8 only, you get just a flat with cement walls & floors, you pay for the add-ons, like buying from Ikea...

Buying from ikea is expensive.

He will first start with mean test to determine household income.
Next , he will caterogise housing into 3 different classes.

C Class (income ceiling up to $7500)-> with all subsidies (ie utilities, only transport ( not expected to own car), including pay only 50% of the HDB list price)
B Class (income ceiling up to $10,500) -> With some subsidies (ie utilites, transport (25% discount on parking, pay only 85% of HDB list price)
A Class (income ceiling up to $ 15,000)-> No subsidy , buyer pays 125% of HDB list price, if not happy to pay more , go buy EC or private property.

So everyone can afford to buy a HDB home.

This chao ah kua needs time to implement ..... but then he only has 5 yrs to do so....:rolleyes:

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
He needs to move fast. All the contractor kopi-$$$ side agreements need to be renegotiated.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Cheaper housing? I will believe it when I see it.