• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

General Travel in Japan

Baccara77

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wish to book the airport limousine bus ticket in advance from Expedia. But I'm afraid the flight might delay. Is it better to purchase at the Narita airport counter ? But then I'm also worried the queue might be too long.

So what is the tried and tested way ?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I wish to book the airport limousine bus ticket in advance from Expedia. But I'm afraid the flight might delay. Is it better to purchase at the Narita airport counter ? But then I'm also worried the queue might be too long.

So what is the tried and tested way ?

Queue is short from my experience so far. You don't have to worry moreover bus frequency is fast no worries at all with Japanese efficiency.

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Im going to assume that you are absolutely sure that the airport limousine bus is what you want. Because there are 4 other public transport options : JR NE’X, JR Sobu, Keisei local, Keisei Skyliner.

First, forget about Expedia. Buy direct. If I take the bus, I buy the ticket on the airport limo website the moment I land, while taxing to gate. That way I’m sure what time. You can do this only if it is at least 25 minutes before bus leaves. But do it only if you are sure you can get through quickly. I can get curbside in 15-20 minutes at NRT, KIX or HND because I have an APEC card and never have checked luggage. The immigration lines are sometimes very long at NRT and HND. But by buying direct, they let you move your ticket 3 times if you miss the bus. ( and there are multiple bus routes you can use as an alternative)

If you don’t want to deal with this uncertainty, buy only after you clear immigration and customs and go the the counter. I have never seen long lines at the counter. That way, you can ask about alternative routes unless you are familiar with where you want to go. I myself have the timetables saved on my phone since I’m there several times a year.

For me, it all depends on the destination and then maybe cost when I choose bus or train. The Skyliner is half the price for example but then you got to add the metro fare to it etc. I use hyperdia or google maps is also good these days.

Baccara77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Queue is short from my experience so far. You don't have to worry moreover bus frequency is fast no worries at all with Japanese efficiency.
Im going to assume that you are absolutely sure that the airport limousine bus is what you want. Because there are 4 other public transport options : JR NE’X, JR Sobu, Keisei local, Keisei Skyliner.

Thanks much. It's my first trip to Japan and I'm bringing an old folk with me. So Airport Limousine Bus is the preferred choice as I try not to climb up and own stairs and escalators with big luggage. I have picked a hotel that is not too far from Shinjuku station where the ALB drop passengers. If I were alone I would try Keisei and stay in cabin pods.

The Knot Shinjuku is my choice.

Baccara77

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm flying into Narita. Which side of the window should I be seated in order to catch a glimpse of Mt. Fuji ?

Baccara77

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm flying into Narita. Which side of the window should I be seated in order to catch a glimpse of Mt. Fuji ?
I didn't catch Mt Fuji while on my way to Narita.

The ALB queue is pretty long, and the immigration even worse at 1N Wing. I bought return tickets and the discount was massive. The journey was smooth and Japanese bus drivers are professional and top class.

My only grouse is the subway lines are operated by different companies, and when you transfer you don't get any discount. It's considered a new trip and the minimum is 174 yen whenever you hop on to a new subway line.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Taking a short break to Osaka for some makan trip. Japanese food begin on-route

Breakfast - Japanese rice and fried chicken in sauce

fbHW0oO.jpg

oV0lGLW.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Our first Japanese meal when we arrived. at Benkay

C4BYvzn.jpg

1av2CAB.jpg

Scene at the dining table
wJPnc68.jpg

Dining hall
h78y6LN.jpg

Menu
rpMQxtE.jpg

Special tofu hand made by chef
o4OizGb.jpg

A6C4Cby.jpg

My sake
5bw8xdM.jpg

Starter
klTsdvd.jpg

Soup
E0jWmQs.jpg

Sashimi
fvbEBng.jpg

VxO9b8F.jpg

Egg and turnip
VzqmQZq.jpg

Spanish mackerel
nvSs6l6.jpg

King crab tempura
Co598Nu.jpg

Crab rice
Co598Nu.jpg

OnttmP6.jpg

4uBLtqr.jpg

Cold seaweed soup
1SfjVQZ.jpg

Fruites
gZEk7FS.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Went to aa 24hr ramen shop

0xITrWj.jpg

mzbJUSO.jpg

RrskvRv.jpg

kg2hZcU.jpg

Pickled vegetables
BNZ2Guh.jpg

Highball is a mix of soda and whisky
DB8YIW4.jpg

Gyoza
9SYYsKs.jpg

Delicious ramen
1oiMDvD.jpg

z6romBJ.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Morning breakfast, typical Japanese porridge breakfast

The restaurant in hotel
b3yTyAG.jpg

9IrtQHO.jpg

kyFGLEi.jpg

dGeXLwp.jpg

bNrT1IR.jpg

IBdbOOp.jpg

iUrwqdL.jpg

PdzYHFn.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Took a walk to Diamaru Departmental Store on yesterday and found a great Japanese sushi restaurant. Read that this restaurant serves the Imperial Household for more than a hundred years.

Mostly old experienced men making sushi
wF0iYNo.jpg

1GBP5P6.jpg

My lunch
NFVd5Vw.jpg

X5OBzYW.jpg

XtIO9YI.jpg

Clear soup is very savoury
jLEVYf5.jpg

Deep friend battered fish
VUbOgAq.jpg

Grilled cod
q58RM6u.jpg

Sake
oHvu0MO.jpg

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Had a great sukiyaki dinner at hotel on Wendesday

Sake
6mhXqjb.jpg

aHz6H8G.jpg

Tofu
H1KLvMi.jpg

Starters
sgSWoXI.jpg

RTL2mtR.jpg

Sashimi
BZdygjW.jpg

Stewed fish
VJohSvu.jpg

Sukiyaki
xkKWtPm.jpg

Kobe
Boly3u6.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Arriving in Arima Onsen a town less than 1hr away from Osaka by car. Here's the Ryokan

Life lobby
Qy0ubVN.jpg

My bedroom, traditional Japanese
aO6GhSX.jpg

Qy0ubVN.jpg

dLC7myu.jpg

HsNMup7.jpg

Ye0Gsc2.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Night view from the room