• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

General Help

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Migrating to Malaaca

Besides JB, Malacca, Penang and KL are popular for those facing retirement. The much much much lower cost is obvious from house to monthly expenses inlcuding utilities. Also Singapore is practically another city within the Peninsula and proximity is not a challenge.

Food, custom etc are very similar and assimilation is not a factor.

At least they won't be pushed around by FTs.

BlackCaviar

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi Television,

May I know what type of property your parents are looking for and also the budget? Also, which area are they considering building. Let me know your criteria so that I can advice you on the area. Telling you upfront I'm not a property agent or salesperson. I do not get any commission or fees. Just sharing with you which are the good areas in Malacca and worth buying. PM me.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ujung Pasir is a good stretch, 2km straight line from Melaka Raya. There's some cluster terrace housing, seen good take up rate and valuation from inception few years back. Mccans not really into condo or apartment style living, with arrears on monthly maintenance not uncommon. So deterioration.

Last edited:

BlackCaviar

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ujong Pasir is one of the good place. I personally prefer Ayer Keroh area as it is near to the North-South highway. Easily accessible.

Ujung Pasir is a good stretch, 2km straight line from Melaka Raya. There's some cluster terrace housing, seen good take up rate and valuation from inception few years back. Mccans not really into condo or apartment style living, with arrears on monthly maintenance not uncommon. So deterioration.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ujong Pasir is one of the good place. I personally prefer Ayer Keroh area as it is near to the North-South highway. Easily accessible.
Depending on TS's requirements, looking good is another cluster terrace housing (looks upmarket with security and fenced up estate) near Bkt China. Just 1pm before the major Bkt China/Semabok junction.

Ayer Keroh is a large precinct, even if accessible to NS highway is fair 20mins drive downtown. Ujong Pasir cluster housing mentioned earlier is just after community centre/polyclinic (Petronas gas station facing), turn left after 200m

danntbt

Alfrescian
Loyal

Please shut up

Whoa, even if you don't like someone's comments, you should be more civil, you might just find yourself in trouble where ever you go, whether in Malacca or JB or any where else with such attitude.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Re: Advice Needed For Cameron Highlands/KL

The pussylover cum moderator is looking for a good place to shag at KL and Cameron Highlands with his PRC girlfriend... why so many advices on Malacca? lol

I always say, beside jw5 and erection, you are the one that understand me the most :biggrin:

Now, shoo shoo, don't disturb me :o

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Re: Advice Needed For Cameron Highlands/KL

Agree with Bro DOA, Equatorial Malacca good! Convenient to shopp, stay n walk around in Malacca too.

Hi bro, thanks for the update on CH. I went to Malacca recently and stayed at a very new hotel. Opened June 2012. Not bad. The location is superb. It's call The Explorer Hotel.

MsTrii

Alfrescian
Loyal

Whoa, even if you don't like someone's comments, you should be more civil, you might just find yourself in trouble where ever you go, whether in Malacca or JB or any where else with such attitude.

Agree. U asked for opinions n use such barbaric language...

Television

Alfrescian
Loyal

Read again and You will notice that i am not the person who is going to Malaysia

Television

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi Television,

May I know what type of property your parents are looking for and also the budget? Also, which area are they considering building. Let me know your criteria so that I can advice you on the area. Telling you upfront I'm not a property agent or salesperson. I do not get any commission or fees. Just sharing with you which are the good areas in Malacca and worth buying. PM me.

Should be a bungalow or they might just build one(They own a "Pass down" plot) budget wise I'm not really sure, I didn't dig them anything financial.

There should be more update within the next couple of weeks. Basically i don't like the idea of them migrating to Malaysia Period.

MsTrii

Alfrescian
Loyal

Had wanted to share with u abt Malacca since u had sincerely asked for opinions but hey, wif your lack of basic netiquette manners, I m outta here.

Adios, ciao,sayonara n may I add ....Good riddance.......:mad:

danntbt

Alfrescian
Loyal

Read again and You will notice that i am not the person who is going to Malaysia

...granted that your target person may not be that discreet with his language elsewhere as Raiders seemed to be hinting.....such language used in your earlier post is uncalled for. .....I am very well aware that you are not the person going to Malaysia, and I myself is beginning to think perhaps its a good thing for Malacca.

Last edited:

currahee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Water filtration and more

Everyone in Malaysia will have an outdoor system and an indoor system
With so many brands on the market, can anyone share their experience?
The popular ones seem to be Coway, diamond, nesh

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ujong Pasir is a great area. I have a house there and we kept it as a holiday home for a while. My DH has only recently convinced me to lease it out and we were pleasantly suprised at how fast we could find a tenant and the rental that the tenant offered and agreed on. The area is so near the city but feels very sub-urb and homely. We hope to retire there but for now, we've put a booking fee down for a bungalow unit in Setia Tropika and hopefully - if all things go as planned - move in 2015 with my SIL and her family.

1sickpuppy II

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who to call if public tree fall onto your property?

Hiya, was wondering if any of you staying in JB could help me out? After a heavy storm a tree has fallen onto my property in Malaysia. I had removed the part that was in my property but the major part of the fallen tree in blocking part of the road outside and nobody seems to be clearing it :( Is there a govt department in Malaysia that clears up dead trees in public? If so any of you know the name because when I asked my neighbours all they say were leave them alone somebody will come n clear it or nevermind lah not blocking the whole road still can use what.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Re: Who to call if public tree fall onto your property?

Hiya, was wondering if any of you staying in JB could help me out? After a heavy storm a tree has fallen onto my property in Malaysia. I had removed the part that was in my property but the major part of the fallen tree in blocking part of the road outside and nobody seems to be clearing it :( Is there a govt department in Malaysia that clears up dead trees in public? If so any of you know the name because when I asked my neighbours all they say were leave them alone somebody will come n clear it or nevermind lah not blocking the whole road still can use what.

So sorry to hear but glad that you are also staying here. MBJB/MPJBT (town council) and the guys working for them would probably be the guys to ask to clear this.

Last edited:

seesuatah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Who to call if public tree fall onto your property?

Choi dun anyhow call Him.

Sekali He clears more than a tree than you know.

Maybe scores of humans and houses together with the tree?