• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

General Help

RafflesTiger

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: HELP NEEDED from Bro Wuqi,section of the plaster has fallen down from the ceiling

Oh I saw some cars going for 30 plus 40 k only and thats RM........ Shocking... No COE somemore:confused:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Re: HELP NEEDED from Bro Wuqi,section of the plaster has fallen down from the ceiling

Hi Bro Wuqi, I believe that part was patched by the previous owner before and the patched part has collasped.. There is no leakage problem and no discolouration.. Owner is a datuk in KL, and agent is a Uncle... Not sure its a big enough problem to bother him with.. I think he will think its a small problem and ask me to handle myself..

From the looks of it, there is a clear sign that that area has been repainted before due to the toning being slightly different from other parts of the ceiling beside.. So I surmise someone patched and repainted it.. I don't think agent will blame it on me as I have known him for more than 1 year already since I moved here.. Even if I am tasked to patch it up, its unlikely to cost much also..

This doesn't seem like a structural problem, could be that there is no layer of cement under the concrete as I initially thought because for HDB flats, people just paint the concrete right? No one puts a thin layer of concrete under the hard concrete... The concrete that fell down could be patched work and has given way..

I think I might not tell the agent as it doesn't seem to be a massive problem after second thoughts.. Unless half the ceiling paint comes down, I think I will just leave it for now... Took some pictures of the mess and cleaned it up already..

Ok good, glad that you are in control. To be on the safe side, let the agent know and that you will take care of it so as to have no disputes if anything happens. At least keep the pictures, yes taking pictures was good with the dates recorded on it as future proof. It could be just cheap plastering to cheaply clean up a defect.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Not sure if u guys remember the PHD neighbour or so he claims... That guy has moved away already... I think these few days a new neighbour has arrived.. Hope that this guy is a better neighbour than that PHD fellow...

Some aunties and uncles claim that there are new semi detached houses in Kulai or Mega Ria or something going for 400RM or less... Not sure if its true..

This place I am currently staying is safe enough and there is a laundry, bus stop is also very near the guard house... Tempted to move but still considering...

Glad you are happy there. Nice place it seems. Don't if you are happy living there. Kulai is cheaper as compared and will have great potential in the coming years
along with Senai. Only trouble is one cannot buy them if you are a foreigner unless you get something that transacts at 500k.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Oh I saw some cars going for 30 plus 40 k only and thats RM........ Shocking... No COE somemore:confused:

There are actually lots of cars going for even below that, go to www.carlist.com.my. Always a good place to start searching.
The road tax is about 90 RM for a 1.6l car and 800 plus for a 2.5l turbo diesel one. You should definitely think of getting one
since you should be able to park in your condo.

RafflesTiger

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ok good, glad that you are in control. To be on the safe side, let the agent know and that you will take care of it so as to have no disputes if anything happens. At least keep the pictures, yes taking pictures was good with the dates recorded on it as future proof. It could be just cheap plastering to cheaply clean up a defect.

Thanks Bro Wuqi... I have a question I need to ask you... I have PM you..

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Hahahaha ! Sorry lah !

finally have time to send my GPS to east gear coz of maps always hanged during critical time !!
Also same time update the maps !
Hopefully I wont get lost again in SG and JB !

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

finally have time to send my GPS to east gear coz of maps always hanged during critical time !!
Also same time update the maps !
Hopefully I wont get lost again in SG and JB !

Sometimes getting lost is half the fun. Hope that your GPS is working fine now. :smile:

Last edited:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal

Agree. I always find something new when making wrong turns, enter wrong taman etc. but not recommended if driving alone la, one might get panicked or distracted :smile:

Sometimes getting lost is half the fun. Hope that your GPS is working fine now. :smile:

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now i am using my TOM TOM, i have updated my GPS. Problem is that it does not show the latest POI JB has . They have not added a few shopping mall , the EDL link ........and several others also.

I wonder how does it work .

iamapseudoneem

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Which gps should I buy?

I bought a PAPAGO R6600 last year and til now haven't been able to update my maps :( I keep going around in circles when trying to locate the free maps to download (pun intended!). Need one especially for JB/Malaysia.
Anyone with a clear set of instructions on how to do proper updating?

Went to suntec... Very crowded... I tot it's a IT show but end up going to the bridal show,... Went the other room the Bodyshop show..... I tot only IT show also got other show!!.. :biggrin:

Very messy.... Passby a booth selling GPS... Ok la.. Anything la...
End up buying PAPAGO Gps. I bought the one with 6" LCD so it will be easy to view while driving..
Got a free US map. A screen film and a pouch. Still trying to figure how to use..
$328 I think is the price. Can store mp3, photos, videos also. I ask them got Garmin, I dun think they have.
Think have to update.. Will figure out later in the morning.

iamapseudoneem

Alfrescian
Loyal

Does this incur data charges? I'm thinking it's pretty expensive when roaming around for hours (or across a few days when on holiday) in Malaysia, or am I mistaken?
Will likely be getting an Android phone later this year so maybe I'll stop using my GPS then if there's minimum/no charges. The PAPAGO is in always stored in my car anyway so there's no loss either way :smile:

Now still got people by GPS? So old school man!! Watch this video to get updated!!!

[video=youtube;NowrZXNtrxI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NowrZXNtrxI&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Last edited:

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal

I bought a PAPAGO R6600 last year and til now haven't been able to update my maps :( I keep going around in circles when trying to locate the free maps to download (pun intended!). Need one especially for JB/Malaysia.
Anyone with a clear set of instructions on how to do proper updating?

me also want help of how to update the GPS. any kind smart soul??

kengheng23

Alfrescian
Loyal

it's just the wrong mix of cement and sand. OR maybe can plaster it with compoundQUOTE=RafflesTiger;1042180]Maybe not fake cement... Probably the hard cement is pretty hard to stick to and whatever that is patched might be dislodged after a while[/QUOTE]

RafflesTiger

Alfrescian
Loyal

it's just the wrong mix of cement and sand. OR maybe can plaster it with compoundQUOTE=RafflesTiger;1042180]Maybe not fake cement... Probably the hard cement is pretty hard to stick to and whatever that is patched might be dislodged after a while
[/QUOTE]

I bought some white cement from DIY shop but lazy to do it... When I touched the part that fell out, the cement melted... Its definitely not right if something can just crack like that

Last edited:

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi, I just bought a Morbella GPS at Suntec PC show today without researching. Bought just because it was the only brand I could find and at $169. Also, it is a Singaporean product.Oh no, pls do not tell me I made a mistake. :confused: I dont think i have heard of this brand
before.

Now you could tell me if I have just thrown away $169. :*:

Last edited:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi, I just bought a Morbella GPS at Suntec PC show today without researching. Bought just because it was the only brand I could find and at $169. Also, it is a Singaporean product.Oh no, pls do not tell me I made a mistake. :confused: I dont think i have heard of this brand
before.

Now you could tell me if I have just thrown away $169. :*:

Any lifetime free maps?