• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

GE: Steve Tan last min pull out

evisionary

Alfrescian
Loyal
GE: PAP’s Steve Tan pulls out as candidate

AC975ADD438FE5752CBAE75D239.jpg

Steve Tan, PAP (Today photo)

SINGAPORE: It is believed Dr Chia Shi Lu is the new candidate in the PAP team for Tanjong Pagar GRC.

He arrived at the nomination centre on Wednesday with Dr Lily Neo, Indranee Rajah, Major General Chan Chun Sing who are on the PAP’s Tanjong Pagar slate.

The team is helmed by Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew who was also at the Singapore Chinese Girls’ School, the nomination centre for Tanjong Pagar GRC.

Dr Chia is a consultant working at the Singapore General Hospital, in Orthopaedic Surgery.

The 40—year—old is a former President Scholar.

Mr Baey Yam Keng, who was on the Tanjong Pagar GRC slate, is understood to be moved to Tampines GRC to replace new candidate Steve Tan.

Mr Steve Tan has pulled out as a candidate.

When contacted, Mr Tan said he had been discussing with his wife over the last few weeks and his reason for dropping out was due to personal considerations.

IMG_5573.JPG

Only Soccer players get last minutes substitutions!

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
wow! this like a chess game where pawns are so mobile to move here and there. baey yam keng bragged and boasted in his blog that there would be no contestant in tg pagar GRC. could this be a ploy by lau lee that he's quite tired about this metrosexual decorative vase and the only way to get rid of him is to send him into the wilderness where voters are unfamiliar about him?

liao!! baey ayamking is going to be finally roasted, crispy, crunchy and chewed to the bones! :p

leoman

Alfrescian
Loyal
maboktan call 4 'que-peng'
hdb foundation is shaking!!

wow! this like a chess game where pawns are so mobile to move here and there. baey yam keng bragged and boasted in his blog that there would be no contestant in tg pagar GRC. could this be a ploy by lau lee that he's quite tired about this metrosexual decorative vase and the only way to get rid of him is to send him into the wilderness where voters are unfamiliar about him?

liao!! baey ayamking is going to be finally roasted, crispy, crunchy and chewed to the bones! :p

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
At least we know Lily Neo is safe. Tg Pagar wins or lose is not important. We want a soul who really care for the needy and able to challenge Vivian Balakrishnan and screamed at the speaker sir without batting an eyelid.

leoman

Alfrescian
Loyal
sori 2 say ..... vivian might b absent fm parliament for 5 yrs

At least we know Lily Neo is safe. Tg Pagar wins or lose is not important. We want a soul who really care for the needy and able to challenge Vivian Balakrishnan and screamed at the speaker sir without batting an eyelid.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
And we were led to believe that PAP has a very stringent selection process.

Even they themself got snooked. So much for bragging airbag.

Soundwave

Alfrescian
Loyal
And we were led to believe that PAP has a very stringent selection process.

Even they themself got snooked. So much for bragging airbag.

Selection process stringent but seems to be for primarily for party loyalty and free of skeletons in the closet.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

But at what cost? See the others that were dragged in together......

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sori 2 say ..... vivian might b absent fm parliament for 5 yrs

Don't worry, there are still many heartless soul like Vivian Balakrihsnan under PAP camp. You closed your eyes and throw one tiny pebbles, you are likely to hit the target.

kazuo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look at the Chan fellow. My goodness, finger to the mouth when old man stepped up to make his speech - you only do this to foot soldiers and kids.

I wait for this chow ah beng's downfall

Last edited:

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look at the Chan fellow. My goodness, finger to the mouth when old man stepped up to make his speech - you only do this to foot soldiers and kids.

Your chance is coming in five years time. He and the emperor to be kicked out by all!

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i read in other forum, steve sexual harassment

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showtopic=2662482
Quoted from one of his ex-colleagues:

"it was the marketing department of the admin and research unit of NTUC umbrella union. he was there in '05 as deputy director or something, a rising star so to speak, "young and talented, up and coming"... yada yada yada.

Let me just cut to the chase: there were no less than 2 girls who worked there the same time i did who told me of their sexual harassment experience with this guy. and as far as i know it went unreported, undisclosed.. and there were many others who also knew of it. but it seems not enough people stood up for themselves or for the others to make it known."

@rmadill0

Alfrescian
Loyal
He does have that "chee hong" look.

So this is how stringent the selection process is. Look presentable can liao.

m0n0n0ke

Alfrescian
Loyal

"it was the marketing department of the admin and research unit of NTUC umbrella union. he was there in '05 as deputy director or something, a rising star so to speak, "young and talented, up and coming"... yada yada yada.

Let me just cut to the chase: there were no less than 2 girls who worked there the same time i did who told me of their sexual harassment experience with this guy. and as far as i know it went unreported, undisclosed.. and there were many others who also knew of it. but it seems not enough people stood up for themselves or for the others to make it known."
that could be the reason to last min withdraw??

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Footballers used this gesture to taunt opponents after scoring a goal.
Even now gesture is banned because it incites violence.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
looks like this is going to be one long hot and dusty campaign...LOL...now even allegations somewhat similar to the us supreme court justice clarence thomas' senate confirmation hearing...cant wait for the next dramarama...

jw5

Loyal
When a reporter persisted in asking the reason in LHL press conference, he nearly threw a tantrum.
Reverted back to his "silver spoon in the mouth, everything smoothly laid out for him" persona.
Kudos to the reporter for having the gumption to ask and persist.
Before her, anothe reporter asked how LHL planned to allocate the resources since 82 seats were being contested. :rolleyes: