• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Gates of Hell opens today (Ghost Month - August 17 to September 15)

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The last day of the 7th month is on 15th September, a day before someone's birthday. Is it to facilitate this person's migration to the other side, where he'll return with his departed kakis to settle there for good?

Ahem!, have you ever thought of this before you mention it? now he made you feel you live in hell, when he goes, he will be waiting for you, for a HELL of a living?:rolleyes:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As they years going by, where I am staying, I noticed, the number of burn offerings are getting lesser & lesser & lesser, as the older generation passed away. The getai, is getting lesser & less people are watching.

It used to be so smokey that all the windows have to be closed on the 1st, 15th & the last day & one have to wade through discarded, burnt incense paper, unburnt ones, candles etc.. when one go downstairs. But these years & now...I can count the few who still practices the tradition and these people are the 'fading breed'.

The sound of " 50 chap chit sia, 100 chia sia" and so forth could heard all around, but there isn't any and this is the second day, It is very quiet..

Last edited:

Sadako

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes Im coming tonight :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

[video=youtube;qbj-Ihy3ncQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qbj-Ihy3ncQ[/video]

Last edited: