• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Galaxy S III better than iPhone5

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The only smartphone that I've ever owned was an iPhone which I gave to someone after a few weeks.
It's just not me. I didn't need all the functionality.

When someone asked me for advice on which smartphone to get. I started my research because they only had a budget of $400 & were a tech newbie.

Read of the fragmentation problem & difficulty of getting an OS update. Even if you are not personally affected the problem does exist. This was why I narrowed my search to the Samsung brand.
However getting an OS update from a Samsung service centre would cost extra $ after the warranty & there is no guarantee if an update would be possible. I visited a Samsung service centre & asked them their policies & this is what they told me.

In the end I advised my friend to get a cheap(er) & older model iPhone. All Apple iPhones are quality products even the old models. One can get a cheaper brand new Samsung phone but it would be one of their "cheaper" models with all the potential problems e.g. poor build, etc

By the way if you purchase an App from the Apple Itune store & find out that it doesn't run on your iPhone. Apple will refund the cost of the purchase price. If you buy anything from the itune App store, they will always do a follow up email to ask about any problems:smile: Can anyone tell me if the android store has the same level of service:confused:

they have the feedback an all developers has a website too. Any questions is fired to them. If you want a refund, sure,just fire a mail to google. Well, if you think that Google play is of lower status than Apple i tune, so be it.

Google will grow and improve. it has grow to what it is today and they will not stop growing. What i know is i can transfer video, movie and music to the andriod phone wherever i want ti and the buletooth is not as narrow-minded as apple's one.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Many consumers are only interested in a quality device which is fashionable & easy to use device. That's why iPhone are selling so well.

It's of course fun to quibble about the number of processors, RAM, etc but not everyone has the interest or time to fiddle with an "appliance" :wink:

you can check the market share of andriod phone compare to iphone now. and also compare it with the previous years. Andriod is gaining ground and i am happy to see that.

If you think Andriod is so hard to use , why andriod phone is gaining ground? There is more than well design and ease of use.. you sure your ease of use is the same as others ease of use?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hah.... nice ad from Samsung. Doubt it'll work on the apple fans though.

[video=youtube;nf5-Prx19ZM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf5-Prx19ZM[/video]

love this ad.. iphone users are ignorant and low tech

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you can check the market share of andriod phone compare to iphone now. and also compare it with the previous years. Andriod is gaining ground and i am happy to see that.

If you think Andriod is so hard to use , why andriod phone is gaining ground? There is more than well design and ease of use..

Andriod designs the phones? I hear that Andriod is trying to find ways to get some money from these free loaders.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If you think Andriod is so hard to use , why andriod phone is gaining ground? There is more than well design and ease of use.. you sure your ease of use is the same as others ease of use?

Can you dun be stupid? cant you see its 1 single iPhone against all the phones brands with Android? the fact Android phones are still trailing iPhone after so many years is really a joke..... no offence to Android users.

And i said again, though iPhone specs is not the best among the phones, its contents is still no.1, thats what it matters most, 800 millions download apps in iTunes proves it all.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
everyone need two phone, one iphone and another galaxy S3, one to call wife, and the other to the mistress or girlfriend. Then you have best of two worlds.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
they have the feedback an all developers has a website too. Any questions is fired to them. If you want a refund, sure,just fire a mail to google. Well, if you think that Google play is of lower status than Apple i tune, so be it.

Google will grow and improve. it has grow to what it is today and they will not stop growing. What i know is i can transfer video, movie and music to the andriod phone wherever i want ti and the buletooth is not as narrow-minded as apple's one.

Maybe someone with an android phone can share their experience on their app purchasing experience:confused:
After purchasing the App have you ever been asked for comments:confused:

Wouldn't it be better to have a company like Apple acting proactively for customers feedback:confused: It shows the company cares about it's customers:smile:

As a Sporean I didn't expect a refund because we all know how poor the consumer laws are in Spore:( It was only a $3 purchase & no big deal. I didn't demand a refund just related my experience & suggested to Apple they make it clearer which OS version was required. So the refund came as a pleasant surprise:smile:

shawna

Alfrescian
Loyal
good one... u made it sound like S3 is your wife, and iphone5 is your mistress... wahaha

everyone need two phone, one iphone and another galaxy S3, one to call wife, and the other to the mistress or girlfriend. Then you have best of two worlds.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Maybe someone with an android phone can share their experience on their app purchasing experience:confused:
After purchasing the App have you ever been asked for comments:confused:

Wouldn't it be better to have a company like Apple acting proactively for customers feedback:confused: It shows the company cares about it's customers:smile:

As a Sporean I didn't expect a refund because we all know how poor the consumer laws are in Spore:( It was only a $3 purchase & no big deal. I didn't demand a refund just related my experience & suggested to Apple they make it clearer which OS version was required. So the refund came as a pleasant surprise:smile:

Yes. There is instant feedback plus a refund option which last for 15 mins after download. Google are not stupid to create something without feedback. It is part of the marketing requirements.

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
how come there was an overnight queue for IP5 and 60000+ pre-orders thru telco websites but no such reaction for the S3??

sinkies (stupidly) love apple more?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Can you dun be stupid? cant you see its 1 single iPhone against all the phones brands with Android? the fact Android phones are still trailing iPhone after so many years is really a joke..... no offence to Android users.

And i said again, though iPhone specs is not the best among the phones, its contents is still no.1, thats what it matters most, 800 millions download apps in iTunes proves it all.

Iphone is the first phone to come up with touch screen. That does not mean it has the right to be at the top all the time.

When the galaxy note first came out, iphone cocksuckers say it cannot make it but in a matter of months 10 millon sales.

S3 has achieved 20 million sales and aim at 30 million till the end of this years. If looking at facts is call stupid then wht do you call sinkie bullshitting.

You mean andriod and google cannot come up with more apps and content in the future? Then why 20 million S3 sales. In the US, more people are using andriod phones now. Apple can lose more market share anytime.

Nothing can beat open source platform and i can load in any song to an andriod phone without going through any bullshit legal shit platform like itunes.

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

There are many budget constrained customers out there who cannot afford the latest Samsungs Galaxy S III phones. Otherwise they would probably ALL buy an iPhone:biggrin:
I bet the best selling Samsung models were the one's that look like copies of the iPhone :wink:

Apple only makes ONE model per year compared to the numerous models made by the many Android handset makers. In spite of this Apple is having problems making enough iPhones to meet demand:eek: It's driven Apple shares to over US$700:eek:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Andriod designs the phones? I hear that Andriod is trying to find ways to get some money from these free loaders.

Maybe you need to re read again on what i had written. When the hell did i say android design phone.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
There are many budget constrained customers out there who cannot afford the latest Samsungs Galaxy S III phones. Otherwise they would probably ALL buy an iPhone:biggrin:
I bet the best selling Samsung models were the one's that look like copies of the iPhone :wink:

Apple only makes ONE model per year compared to the numerous models made by the many Android handset makers. In spite of this Apple is having problems making enough iPhones to meet demand:eek: It's driven Apple shares to over US$700:eek:

In business, there is always the first mover advantage. Anyone who can create something new will be in the market top place for awhile but that does not mean they are there forever.

Blame it on itune and their selfish and narrow minded concept of sharing music and files. Android has no problem for that as it is open source. Open source means it is free for all to do it. People just love to share whatever file they want. And Samsung has a nice hardware and and function to make sharing really cool.

It just show that Apple is not a good in doing iz as the other phone companies who has the capabilities to serve all market segment.

Samsung even buy up the supply chain side so they can control the quality output.

Iphone sales used to hit 40 million. But what happen now? Budget constraint is not an issue if yoh based on past sales numbers. Now S3 has the potential to hit 30 million. So 40 million is not a surprise if samsung achieved it.

Mind you. Samsung is a much bigger company than apple. They can allocated thier resource in more ways to beat apple easily. And by pairing up with google. That is called formidable.

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes. There is instant feedback plus a refund option which last for 15 mins after download. Google are not stupid to create something without feedback. It is part of the marketing requirements.

Only 15 minutes:eek: Some of us are slower than others, so 15 mins is not much time :o

In the case of my App purchase from Apple the process several days because I bought a bunch of Apps & it took a while before I had a chance to go evaluate them.
So if I was an Android owner I would probably be out of $3 because I would have exceeded the deadline. While as an iPhone customer I got my purchase reversed as no deadline was imposed.
It's no surprise to me that Apple customers have a higher satisfaction level than the competition.

wrcboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
See no one mention about iphone 1 or 2...which is as crap as the original touch screen phone LG prada.....

Apple the religion is very good in marketing.....

give little but huge marketing and people will still buy.....

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Only 15 minutes:eek: Some of us are slower than others, so 15 mins is not much time :o

In the case of my App purchase from Apple the process several days because I bought a bunch of Apps & it took a while before I had a chance to go evaluate them.
So if I was an Android owner I would probably be out of $3 because I would have exceeded the deadline. While as an iPhone customer I got my purchase reversed as no deadline was imposed.
It's no surprise to me that Apple customers have a higher satisfaction level than the competition.

That is because that is only your way of using the phone and your perception in seeing how service standard should be . And basdd on your sinkie mindset. You think the whole world must go according to your standard.

If that is your sinkie logic, how do you explain 20 million S3 sales and 10 million note sales. If google andriod service is so fuck up. Why people are still buying the andriod phone and apple keep losing market share.

It does show that samsung understand customer better than Apple.

Oh yes. I would love to add that if the refund periodis over. Users can email google or the app company to sek refund as well.

Of course. These sort of small little things. Google can improve and change without any problem. The most important thing is market share.

Well. I think Apple seems to target well to the gay community and it seems like gays love to use iphone. I might be wrong but ladies and gay loves iphone. But now more ladies are using samsung so it proves that samsung is doing something right.

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In business, there is always the first mover advantage. Anyone who can create something new will be in the market top place for awhile but that does not mean they are there forever.

Blame it on itune and their selfish and narrow minded concept of sharing music and files. Android has no problem for that as it is open source. Open source means it is free for all to do it. People just love to share whatever file they want. And Samsung has a nice hardware and and function to make sharing really cool.

Some say that Samsung's "first mover advantage" was accomplished by copying Apple's iPhone. I was surprised that Samsung made little effort to hide this and got sued by Apple:wink:

Open source concept cannot exist in phones.
Samsung is not a saint. If the tables were reversed & they were the ones that introduced the iPhone 1st. They would behave exactly as how Apple is behaving & sue to protect their investment on R&D.
All MNC's act to maximise $$$.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Some say that Samsung's "first mover advantage" was accomplished by copying Apple's iPhone. I was surprised that Samsung made little effort to hide this and got sued by Apple:wink:

Open source concept cannot exist in phones.
Samsung is not a saint. If the tables were reversed & they were the ones that introduced the iPhone 1st. They would behave exactly as how Apple is behaving & sue to protect their investment on R&D.
All MNC's act to maximise $$$.

I refer to apple first intro the touch screen phone as first mover. I do feel that i am talki g to some one who doesnt know a thing about business lingo. I will use more explanation maybe a whole glossary on a post.