• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Funny Mortgage Clauses?

Grimloq69

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys,

I just got a letter of offer from a bank for a mortgage but there are some weird clauses. I wanted to know if these are normal?

(a) The Borrower’s placement of adequate deposits in the Account for payment of initial 12 monthly instalments of the Loan upon acceptance of this Letter of Offer.

(b) The Property shall be owner-occupied for the full tenor of the Loan. The Bank reserves the right to recall and/or cancel the Loan immediately if, at any time the Mortgagor rents out, sublets, licenses or parts with possession of the Property without the Bank’s prior written consent.

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys,

I just got a letter of offer from a bank for a mortgage but there are some weird clauses. I wanted to know if these are normal?

(a) The Borrower’s placement of adequate deposits in the Account for payment of initial 12 monthly instalments of the Loan upon acceptance of this Letter of Offer.

(b) The Property shall be owner-occupied for the full tenor of the Loan. The Bank reserves the right to recall and/or cancel the Loan immediately if, at any time the Mortgagor rents out, sublets, licenses or parts with possession of the Property without the Bank’s prior written consent.

I may be wrong but I think (b) may be possible if the bank is offering you a lower rate than what they have advertised. It is mainly because they deem your loan as lower risk if it is owner-occupied rather than being used as an investment.