• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fuck! Company offer higher salary for FT than Local!

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
you should try yoshinoya outlets in japan ...taste good somemore free iced water and hot green tea :smile: any franchise product reach the hands of singaporean businessman will turn fucked ...

Yoshinoya outlets in Cali is also good. I like to eat there. If I was in Toa Payoh, and had the choice of koufu or that shitty Yoshinoya nearby, I would take koufu 10 times out of 10.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think I'll better stick to my $2.50 fishball noodle at that Jalan Besar stadium coffeshop..

Asshole

Alfrescian
Loyal
how about this, maybe it is because the foreigners are not going to have 10% deposited into CPF?

Whereas locals, 10% have to be deposited into CPF?

SGD 7 if you discount 10%, it's about SGD 6.3

from SGD 6.4 you markup by 10%, it's about SGD 7

So, i really think maybe it is because of the CPF portion, and the employer is only willing to pay a fixed amount.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Good observation. Therein lies the myth and lie of so-called employer contribution to employee CPF. It's all the employee's money. If CPF requires employer to "contribute" 20%, employer would take 20% off the employee's salary to "contribute." Common business sense actually, just like if GST is 10%, businesses pass on the costs to customers.

Cannot be. Foreigners also have to pay CPF. Many malaysians working in Singapore pay CPF. All workers have to pay CPF as far as I know, the law does not differentiate between sinkies and foreigners in this regard.

LonewolfAlfa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cannot be. Foreigners also have to pay CPF. Many malaysians working in Singapore pay CPF. All workers have to pay CPF as far as I know, the law does not differentiate between sinkies and foreigners in this regard.

Oh no..... i havent been contributing cpf for my staff. i'm going to rot in jail....

EXCEPTIONS TO PAYMENT OF CPF FOR EMPLOYEES
Employees who are Exempted from CPF Contributions

a. Foreigners on Employment Pass, S Pass, Miscellaneous Work Pass or Work Permit

CPF contributions are not allowed for foreigners. Both the employer’s and employee’s share of contributions for foreign employees on Employment Pass, S Pass, Miscellaneous Work Pass or Work Permit will not be accepted.

http://mycpf.cpf.gov.sg/CPF/Templat...4DBA-85A4-FF4CE38A20B6}&NRCACHEHINT=Guest#N2a

Last edited:

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal
that would make sense if productivity didn't fall drastically after they opened up immigration and relaxed work permit laws. anyways most of the ads i found on gumtree are fake. i think answering that ad will more likely get you a "job" for "network marketing" for magic magnets. gumtree sux.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My wife used to buy real Jap foodstuff at Daimaru Junction 8 to cook at home. Even those taste better those at fake Jap joints charging twice or more the price. Daimaru was gone and now it's NTUC FairPrice at Junction 8. They still upkeep some of the Jap food section but the selection available has been much reduced since.

They've just completed renovating the NTUC at Junction 8 & that supermarket has gone upscale, with more organic & Japanese produce. However the $24 for grapes from Japan is quite expensive :eek:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...if these goes on for another 10years ( in the long run ) ...most company in singapore will close shops ..because ppl cant afford to spend money . the key words is balance . ...

Before then there should be enough Sporeans ready to kick out the PAP. When Sporeans find out the true sad state of the CPF I predict LHL & wife will have to go into exile.:rolleyes:

As for me I plan to re-locate elsewhere :smile:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My wife used to buy real Jap foodstuff at Daimaru Junction 8 to cook at home. Even those taste better those at fake Jap joints charging twice or more the price. Daimaru was gone and now it's NTUC FairPrice at Junction 8. They still upkeep some of the Jap food section but the selection available has been much reduced since.

you can try Japanese supermarket like Isetan, and Meiya supermarket in Daimaru/Liang Court ...they got good selection of japanese products ...and if you spend over certain amount they will deliver to your house on the same day for free .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Before then there should be enough Sporeans ready to kick out the PAP. When Sporeans find out the true sad state of the CPF I predict LHL & wife will have to go into exile.:rolleyes:

As for me I plan to re-locate elsewhere :smile:

bro...LKY is very smart ...he will make use of foreigners who got singapore passport to vote for them ...

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Oh no..... i havent been contributing cpf for my staff. i'm going to rot in jail....

EXCEPTIONS TO PAYMENT OF CPF FOR EMPLOYEES
Employees who are Exempted from CPF Contributions

a. Foreigners on Employment Pass, S Pass, Miscellaneous Work Pass or Work Permit

CPF contributions are not allowed for foreigners. Both the employer’s and employee’s share of contributions for foreign employees on Employment Pass, S Pass, Miscellaneous Work Pass or Work Permit will not be accepted.

http://mycpf.cpf.gov.sg/CPF/Templat...4DBA-85A4-FF4CE38A20B6}&NRCACHEHINT=Guest#N2a

you are 100% right ...my friend also dont pay CPF for his foreigner workers .

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
no-dogs-or-chinese.jpg

firstly idiot it says locals and foreigners and last i read sg doesn't just have chinese as locals.

You better stop your misquoting nonsense.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
you can try Japanese supermarket like Isetan, and Meiya supermarket in Daimaru/Liang Court ...they got good selection of japanese products ...and if you spend over certain amount they will deliver to your house on the same day for free .

Junction 8 is conveniently near my place. Anyway, I don't take so much Jap food so frequently. Though just occasionally like once or twice a month, I do appreciate the finese in real Jap food. My wife learned to cook some of them from her ex-colleague, a Jap lady who was stationed in Singapore some years ago.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
firstly idiot it says locals and foreigners and last i read sg doesn't just have chinese as locals.

You better stop your misquoting nonsense.

Hey confused kid, the sign in the movie was in China. Do I need to explain it to you?

As usual, every issue is about "race" for you. You really can't see much beyond skin colour, can you?

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think what the advertiser should have done is to advertise equal value, SGD 7 across all board, and safe the trouble. And for Singaporeans, just give them an additional SGD 0.70 (10% for CPF contribution from employer), because their SGD 7 (they can only take back 80%), and their disposable income is still lower than the foreign workers...

Singaporeans are very poor thing... get fucked left right up down center behind 360 degrees assfucking!

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hey confused kid, the sign in the movie was in China. Do I need to explain it to you?

As usual, every issue is about "race" for you. You really can't see much beyond skin colour, can you?

no shit sherlock but read the sign it says no chinese and dogs allowed while in sg's context locals don't just consist of locals and FT chinese are highly rated fyi therefore that pic doesn't even fit the situation and ps not every situation is about race to me, go search on my posts am i talking about race in every thread?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Fuck! Company offer higher salary for FT than Local!

That is why the term " Sinkie Loser" is totally applicable in real life, beside using it on virtual forum sinkie losers here

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Because they spend all their time surfing this forum or the other sex forum? :biggrin:

Not really.

Singaporeans can be productive in most areas of work - except service. S'poreans are good at sales, tech, analytical stuff, etc. But not service. Most Sgns want to be served instead and this attitude is ingrained at an early age. Most won't even hold a door for a fellow human. There seems to be a loss of face when having to do this kind of thing.

Cheers!