• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

FT swimmer wants $$$

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - FT swimmer wants $$$</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>teh_si <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>Nov-8 3:47 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 15) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>24008.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>ST, 8 Nov 09

Reward scheme
SSA plans to start one, following Tao Li's comments of its lack of support for her <TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR></TR><TR></TR><TR><TD><!-- headline one : end --></TD></TR><TR></TR><TR><TD><!-- Author --></TD></TR><TR><TD class="padlrt8 georgia11 darkgrey bold" colSpan=2>By Lin Xinyi
</TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- show image if available --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->The Singapore Swimming Association (SSA) is aiming to come out with its own reward scheme to recognise the efforts of its athletes.
But the national body's focus will remain on preparing its swimmers for major Games.
Its secretary-general Oon Jin Gee said this yesterday in light of recent comments made by national swimmer Tao Li.
The 19-year-old had expressed her disappointment with the SSA in a column in Lianhe Zaobao on Monday, stating its lack of support and encouragement towards her.
'If we can raise enough funds, we can have our own rewards scheme,' said Oon. 'But the reality is that we also have to be mindful of the economic climate.'
Currently, athletes receive monetary awards through the Singapore National Olympic Council's Multi-Million-Dollar Award Programme (MAP) when they win medals at major Games.
Tao Li had set the Asian record of 57.54 seconds in the 100m butterfly semi-finals of the 2008 Beijing Olympics. She went on to finish fifth in the final.
While that result would not have entitled her to a reward under the MAP, she felt that her achievements have not been recognised by the SSA.
'When I look at other sports like sailing or bowling, their athletes are rewarded for good performances, and are welcomed home at the airport,' said Tao Li in a phone interview from Russia, where she had qualified for the women's 50m butterfly final in the Moscow leg of the Fina/Arena Swimming World Cup.
'They have not acknowledged my Asian record. The least they can do is to give me a certificate. Surely they have the resources to buy one piece of paper.'
Responding to the matter, Mr Teo Ser Luck, Senior Parliamentary Secretary (Community Development, Youth and Sports, and Transport), told Lianhe Zaobao that national sports associations need to listen to their athletes and support them as much as they can.
But this does not mean that athletes would always have their way, he added. Instead, athlete and association should engage in dialogue to better understand each other's expectations.
Oon said that the SSA has tried to support Tao Li as best as it could within its resources, and will continue to do so.
He said: 'The high performance team will continue to have dialogue with her coach and club to find out her training needs, targets and expectations.'
[email protected]

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
>>Tao Li had set the Asian record of 57.54 seconds in the 100m butterfly semi-finals of the 2008 Beijing Olympics. She went on to finish fifth in the final.
While that result would not have entitled her to a reward under the MAP, she felt that her achievements have not been recognised by the SSA.
'When I look at other sports like sailing or bowling, their athletes are rewarded for good performances, and are welcomed home at the airport,' said Tao Li in a phone interview from Russia, where she had qualified for the women's 50m butterfly final in the Moscow leg of the Fina/Arena Swimming World Cup.
'They have not acknowledged my Asian record. The least they can do is to give me a certificate. Surely they have the resources to buy one piece of paper.'<<

Gosh... PRCs really shameless. Finishing 5th in the competition still have the audacity to ask for a cert! :rolleyes:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If our ministers can demand for more, why can't a FT turn Singaporean Swimmer do likewise?

... Gosh... PRCs really shameless. Finishing 5th in the competition still have the audacity to ask for a cert! :rolleyes:
bcos dey claim dey r world crass, world bestest, world lumpar 1, mah! ...

u muz learn 2 use ze rite tactics wen toking in sg! ... obviously, she never learn ... :rolleyes:

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
'They have not acknowledged my Asian record. The least they can do is to give me a certificate. Surely they have the resources to buy one piece of paper.'

Maybe because she's not pretty. Hahahahhaa at the last line. She'd have to pay out of her own pocket for the lamination and the frame though.

wizard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course lah. Then she swim for fuck. They will pretend to say how good singapore is and how good PAP and LKY and LHL is during interview especially when it invole the media.

The PAP also pretend that it is true. Ohhh Ahh.. we are attracting all the talent blar blar...

shelltox

Alfrescian
Loyal
It was Ang Peng Siong who brought Tao Li and her mother to singapore to train under the APS swim school. However, when Tao Li won medals in the SEA games it caught the attention of a rival Swimming School own by David Lim. Gleefully , mother and daughter swam over to David Lim 's school. I would say that mother and daughter are mecenaries and I hope that she don't win a olympic medal bcos I don't want my tax money to go to them. We don't need them in our mids.