• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

From the English Premier League to the S League...

windows8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe Lions XII or one of the S-League teams can start looking at Paolo Di Canio or the freshly out-of-job Ian Holloway. Some of the former soccer stars that played in last night's First XI finale match also look good enough to walk into any S-League first XI. Abbas still looked dangerous, Nazri Nasir looked as fit as ever and Robbie Fowler's goal before he got an injury showed why he was once EPL's top striker.

Blackburn has been in a mess since that Indian Chicken Company took over.
The next one to follow in the footsteps is Cardiff.
These Asian tycoons go into buying clubs without a clue in running a football club steep in tradition, often ill-advised by equally clueless "investment/fund managers".

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe Lions XII or one of the S-League teams can start looking at Paolo Di Canio or the freshly out-of-job Ian Holloway. Some of the former soccer stars that played in last night's First XI finale match also look good enough to walk into any S-League first XI. Abbas still looked dangerous, Nazri Nasir looked as fit as ever and Robbie Fowler's goal before he got an injury showed why he was once EPL's top striker.

These Asian tycoons go into buying clubs without a clue in running a football club steep in tradition, often ill-advised by equally clueless "investment/fund managers".

Owning a football club is a status symbol for tycoons....making money is a bonus.
With regards to Abbas....must have been a big slap on cb FAS face....might as well invite Michael Vana back

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
FT coach doesn't necessary bring success... Does these S-League coaching post need to go thru the Singaporean First job portal before they can empoly foreigner?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
What's the big deal about being a coach of a stupid game played by morons. :rolleyes:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Steve Kean was a shit manager anyway. No self-respecting football manager will work for SE Asian countries.

bernd-stange_1009416c.jpg

jw5

Loyal
From the S League to the English Premier League: Grant Holt! :p

But now in the championship with Wigan........................... :o

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
he is making as much $$, if not more, as you in a tracksuit and only work as few as 20 hours a week. Poor Kean? i dun think so lor...

Kean was not a bad manager (but of course not as good as Sam Allardyce), he just had to work with a bunch of Indian chicken shit farmer clowns and that idiot Shebby Singh at Blackburn Rovers. No doubt the Bruneians are paying him well but he is unlikely ever to manage back in the English top flight again. EPL managers always get fired during the season and opportunities always arise.

Sometimes it's not all about the money.

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Owning a football club is a status symbol for tycoons....making money is a bonus.
With regards to Abbas....must have been a big slap on cb FAS face....might as well invite Michael Vana back

Abbas' case continues to puzzle me. Can it be corruption when paid to win? I believe there was a trade-off.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Abbas' case continues to puzzle me. Can it be corruption when paid to win? I believe there was a trade-off.

Hello brother [GoldenDragon],

How is life?
It has been a long time since I have read your posts.
I hope you are well, and business is good.

scbccb

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought Tom Yam Chicken Man City did well until it became Kebab Chicken and flushed with money? Lets see how Kung Pow Chicken (Malaysian Chinese) Cardiff performs this season.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Whatever trade off....Abbas got the short end of the stick.
Back then everyone was makan-ing money from kelong.
Only need to see how rich the players were then....Abbas was just the unlucky scapegoat made an example of.

scbccb

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought the kelong year was 1992 when Singapore got relegated for the first time in history. That CCB Czech manager signed that clown of a goalkeeper and resigned just before the first match of the season.

Whatever trade off....Abbas got the short end of the stick.
Back then everyone was makan-ing money from kelong.
Only need to see how rich the players were then....Abbas was just the unlucky scapegoat made an example of.