• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

From Micropolis to New York - A Remarkable Journey

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
With her stellar track record, she could have done well in any of the leading investment management firms. Yet stayed she did with Temasek despite how inappropriate the public feels with the Prime Minister as her spouse. Her loyalty to the nation cannot be questioned. On behalf of Singaporeans, I thank you for your dedication.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
With her stellar track record, she could have done well in any of the leading investment management firms. Yet stayed she did with Temasek despite how inappropriate the public feels with the Prime Minister as her spouse. Her loyalty to the nation cannot be questioned. On behalf of Singaporeans, I thank you for your dedication.

Well said. I have added to your points.

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal

That's why I quoted Hotel California. She has already checked out but she can never leave.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
You have the CEO who is the PM's wife and she was running a business in competition with me. And she was also in the govt which has access to our business propreitary info. Yet you say it is quite alright, and the left side of the bed does not know what the right side of the bed knows and thinks. It's complicated. I am sure there is something there, and I know that Singapore govt is unique. Just give me more time. I dont like it, and I am uncomfortable with it, but I am trying to understand it.

Poor AL! Uniquely Singapore.

One of the common and recurrent criticism about Singapore Technologies over the years and it continues is that its R&D wing which is crucial for its business is totally tax payer funded and provides this private sector company an unfair advantage. If you peal the onion, its smarts does come from Defence Science Organisation and its test bed for nearly all its products is the SAF. What luck.

Its the same with Temasek. Over the years tax payers funded Government assets such as power stations, PSA, Changi Airport including all the govt run assets such as DBS, SIA, Singtel, all well run with proven business models were passed on / sold to Temasek Holdings. The transfers and sale are never transparent and actual valuation never revealed. Again like Singapore Technologies, we are talking about a fully loaded base with plenty of buffer.

So are we dealing with an individual who actually built a successful organisation or someone who though might not have been born with silver spoon but surely was given one.

In early 2013, Temasek adopted an interesting strapline that was not based on the Company performance but an individual. It began to repeat that on many occasions especially in prints, reports the portfolio performance since 2002 and did vintage comparison. 2002 is also the year that Ho Ching took over the helm of Temasek.

It shows that the interest of the CEO comes first and not the company. It fails to credit the pioneering leaders who built the core companies that feeds Temasek and Mdm Ho and her kids. Prior to 2002, the company had to operate conservatively. It had many restrictions which Temasek currently does not have. So we are not looking at just apples alone.

And lastly for this post and not for this topic and this thread, name me one company in Temasek that is well regarded after Ho Ching took over that we Singaporeans can readily identify with success. Some will argue that the comparison is not fair as it is an investment fund and not in the business of building companies from scratch. If that is the case, than why is she identified with a string of failing companies.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The title of this thread should read, From Micropolis to New York, A Remarkable Stupidity ( 60%).

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As they say
" Fact is stranger than fiction ".

Will we see a day when all is revealed under our own version of the Sunshine Act -I guess the 60% has to be reduced to 49% first.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The question is why would a country after spending millions and so much time via EDB to bring a big hitter like Seagate who then went on to become the largest private sector employer in Singapore (barring the public and GLC sector) and then attempt to destroy it by a half baked due diligence and a folly.

At that time in the late 90s, Singapore manufactured close to 45% of world HDDs.

The question is who is more important - the wife or the country. I guess the answer is obvious.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
By all accounts Ho Ching has to be most influential wife in modern history. No shame whatsoever. A title maybe should be " My wife or my country and I picked one"

The title of this thread should read, From Micropolis to New York, A Remarkable Stupidity ( 60%).

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I got my timeline correct, this remarkable journey was to pump up her credentials and credibility to lead Temasek holdings. I recall that this was soon after Sisir was merged with NPB ( she was then Sisir Chairman) to become PSB which she oversighted, after which she went over to Micropolis. As with all their MP prospects and Presidential candidates, they pumped them up with steroids, Chairman of Board titles, so they looked good.

I was told of a case of a Malay Vice principal of a rather obscure secondary school. For years he had been Acting Principal and was never given the full post. When they needed him to become an MP, they quickly promoted him to full Principalship, so he could resign as a Principal which of course looked and sounded much better. Unfortunately, he lost the election and guess what? They didnt bother about pastoral care for him or his family. He must have been a broken and bitter man.

The question is why would a country after spending millions and so much time via EDB to bring a big hitter like Seagate who then went on to become the largest private sector employer in Singapore (barring the public and GLC sector) and then attempt to destroy it by a half baked due diligence and a folly.

At that time in the late 90s, Singapore manufactured close to 45% of world HDDs.

The question is who is more important - the wife or the country. I guess the answer is obvious.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really must be blind conceit and shameless arrogance in believing that only the Lee family possesses the best brains in the country.

Cronyism and nepotism are alive, esp. in Singapore. Thats the new white.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
ABC learning story is even worse as they had no idea what was going on in the country despite holding 12% of shares. When it hit the rocks and the papers were revealing stuff such as brother in law of the Ed Groves holding a multi million dollar maintenance contract, it never was treated as a red flag. Instead they were the only major shareholder to buy more shares - 12 million more. The final loss figures was never revealed even in Parliament.

By then Temasek was no longer accountable to the President, the Accountant-General, the Auditor-General as it evolved into a commercial private company. The only oversights were an external auditing firms and her husband's subordinate in cabinet. Who conceived this oversight framework is beyond mad.

Honestly do you expect someone with a court conviction (now spent) to push the system. So he takes solace by pretending that all the good work that he does in other areas more than compensates for the bad that is taking place with his boss's wife.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
after reading this thread,im now convinced that ho jinx is not merely incompetent,she is a evil women,able to hoodwink the prime minister and the entire country to swallow her bullshyt hook line and sinker,she is more evil than bernie madoff!!!

[video=youtube;R20f-TPKjzc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R20f-TPKjzc[/video]

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Be careful of what you spew here bro scroobal , later Pinky will haul your ass up to the kangaroo court for a defamation suit :eek:
Whatever amount you offered for compensation will be deemed derisory in their eyes :biggrin:
Nobody can stop Ho Jinx's self destruction path
:rolleyes:

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was told of a case of a Malay Vice principal of a rather obscure secondary school. For years he had been Acting Principal and was never given the full post. When they needed him to become an MP, they quickly promoted him to full Principalship, so he could resign as a Principal which of course looked and sounded much better. Unfortunately, he lost the election and guess what? They didnt bother about pastoral care for him or his family. He must have been a broken and bitter man.
hahaha...the clown historian using his arse to think again....
somebody told him a story...he just rejurgitate without digesting.....basically bullshitting...
was there any malay papee candidate in recent erections who was a principal and lost an erection???
truly retarded...

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
What I have written was published if not in Singapore elsewhere. The questions raised are no different to anyone who comes across such a scenario and seeks more answers. This government has never considered transparency as a factor of good government.

I remember the ex Malaysian Minister Rafidah Aziz was present in the same room when her son was being allocated licences. She claimed she sat in silence so as not to influence the committee. Everyone laughed. In her case, she too did not do anything illegal or corrupt. Whether it was ethical is the million dollar question.

I can tell you now that everything the PAP has done has been legal and within the confines of the law of Singapore. Whether some of their actions are ethical or fair is certainly questionable. And who wrote the some of laws of Singapore in the last 50 years.

Be careful of what you spew here bro scroobal , later Pinky will haul your ass up to the kangaroo court for a defamation suit :eek:
Whatever amount you offered for compensation will be deemed derisory in their eyes :biggrin:
Nobody can stop Ho Jinx's self destruction path
:rolleyes:

bullfrog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hahaha..nobody said it was recent. You always have comprehension and reading challenges.

You believe shit from TCH via the prostitute press but you refuse to accept LKY's own words. You refuse to fuck off despite yr promise and king's incontrovertible evidences on our independence on 31/8/63.

You are truly remarkable product of the PAP's indoctrination process.

hahaha...the clown historian using his arse to think again....
somebody told him a story...he just rejurgitate without digesting.....basically bullshitting...
was there any malay papee candidate in recent erections who was a principal and lost an erection???
truly retarded...

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What's happening to the business of "Micropolis" and that "Chartered Semiconductor Manufacturing" these days?
Both of them making a loss and "Tema The Sick" keep pumping in resources and wasting tax payers $$$?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
By all accounts Ho Ching has to be most influential wife in modern history. No shame whatsoever. A title maybe should be " My wife or my country and I picked one"

The subtitle to that "My wife or my country and I picked one" would be [my father/mother held my hand] (delete one). :p