• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

FROM ‘OBSCENE’ MEDIASCAPES TO TOXIC SHADOW COMMUNITIES: THE GHETTOIZATION OF SAMMY BOY FORUM AND ITS IMPLICATIONS ON VULNERABLE COMMUNITY

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://scholarbank.nus.edu.sg/handle/10635/170289?mode=full

Does anyone has access to this 2020 NUS thesis? If you have, please share.

This thesis provides a framework to study the development and devolution of ‘deviant’ online media sites like SammyBoyForum (SBF) which were created by non-state actors to circumvent state censorship. Such a framework is crucial as it helps to explain how online criminogenic sites continue to exist on the Internet despite the government’s efforts to clamp down on them. Considering the growing notoriety of SBF in recent years under the scrutiny of local news media, this thesis conducts a non-participant observation of the forum as well as its subsidiary Telegram supergroups and traces its history – from a simple recommendations list of local brothels and massage parlors to an online forum promoting freedom of speech and ‘deviant’ expression, and finally to a Telegram supergroup encouraging the non-consensual creation, distribution, and access of intimate images featuring women and children. Using the aforementioned framework, this thesis makes three arguments. Firstly, the Singapore government’s overregulation of the Internet compelled citizens to retreat into the shadowscape – an alternative online space developed to accommodate the many deviant opinions and interests that were driven ‘underground’ by the state. Secondly, when these deviant perspectives are allowed to fester in the SBF shadowscape, it would result in the victimization of vulnerable communities – specifically women and children. Finally, the critical process which led to SBF’s devolution was Toxic Ghettoization, a concept introduced in this thesis to explain the normalization of toxic behavior in SBF.

LIM WEI LIANG ELLERY (2020-04-15). FROM ‘OBSCENE’ MEDIASCAPES TO TOXIC SHADOW COMMUNITIES: THE GHETTOIZATION OF SAMMY BOY FORUM AND ITS IMPLICATIONS ON VULNERABLE COMMUNITY. ScholarBank@NUS Repository.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Such a framework is crucial as it helps to explain how online criminogenic sites continue to exist on the Internet despite the government’s efforts to clamp down on them.

If it weren't a totalitarian regime, such clamping down would not exist.

They sure do try though, like the passive-aggressive censorship of the word müd.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://scholarbank.nus.edu.sg/handle/10635/170289?mode=full

Does anyone has access to this 2020 NUS thesis? If you have, please share.

This thesis provides a framework to study the development and devolution of ‘deviant’ online media sites like SammyBoyForum (SBF) which were created by non-state actors to circumvent state censorship. Such a framework is crucial as it helps to explain how online criminogenic sites continue to exist on the Internet despite the government’s efforts to clamp down on them. Considering the growing notoriety of SBF in recent years under the scrutiny of local news media, this thesis conducts a non-participant observation of the forum as well as its subsidiary Telegram supergroups and traces its history – from a simple recommendations list of local brothels and massage parlors to an online forum promoting freedom of speech and ‘deviant’ expression, and finally to a Telegram supergroup encouraging the non-consensual creation, distribution, and access of intimate images featuring women and children. Using the aforementioned framework, this thesis makes three arguments. Firstly, the Singapore government’s overregulation of the Internet compelled citizens to retreat into the shadowscape – an alternative online space developed to accommodate the many deviant opinions and interests that were driven ‘underground’ by the state. Secondly, when these deviant perspectives are allowed to fester in the SBF shadowscape, it would result in the victimization of vulnerable communities – specifically women and children. Finally, the critical process which led to SBF’s devolution was Toxic Ghettoization, a concept introduced in this thesis to explain the normalization of toxic behavior in SBF.

LIM WEI LIANG ELLERY (2020-04-15). FROM ‘OBSCENE’ MEDIASCAPES TO TOXIC SHADOW COMMUNITIES: THE GHETTOIZATION OF SAMMY BOY FORUM AND ITS IMPLICATIONS ON VULNERABLE COMMUNITY. ScholarBank@NUS Repository.
Go fuck yrslf... post nonsense is your favourite pass time these days is it....

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We should have more faith in self censorship. The overall intelligence and maturity of this forum is well above national average. We can pretty much self regulate.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
One old fart dickhead @winners was pissed off recently looking for fight at MRT..... low IQ sissy boy....
YOU FUCKING BASTARD @tanwahtiu. JUST LOOK AT YOUR OWN POST TO SCOLD VULGARITY AT @strawberry JUST THIS MORNING WHEN HE DIDN'T EVEN MENTION A THING ABOUT YOU. YOU TOTALLY HAVE NO RIGHT TO TALK ABOUT CENSORSHIP IN THIS FORUM YOU FUCKING BASTARD LAN JIAO KIA. I COULD HAVE HARSHER WORDS FOR YOU IF ONLY THIS THREAD WAS STARTED BY ME.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
YOU FUCKING BASTARD @tanwahtiu. JUST LOOK AT YOUR OWN POST TO SCOLD VULGARITY AT @strawberry JUST THIS MORNING WHEN HE DIDN'T EVEN MENTION A THING ABOUT YOU. YOU TOTALLY HAVE NO RIGHT TO TALK ABOUT CENSORSHIP IN THIS FORUM YOU FUCKING BASTARD LAN JIAO KIA. I COULD HAVE HARSHER WORDS FOR YOU IF ONLY THIS THREAD WAS STARTED BY ME.
Go fuck more blue camels.... sissy old fart....

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am doing my best to provide good reading materials amidst all the disputes and motherly greetings between Samsters.

Fighting warriors and warring factions also need a break to read other stuff. :roflmao:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
yalor, I didn't offend him, was merely talking about internet anonymity being a myth and he scolded me. I am so sad:cry:

U anti Chinese bastard.... go fuck yrslf ahneh u....

https://www.sammyboy.com/threads/tw...ty-to-a-far-right-blogger.322728/post-3622725