• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

French waitress apparently attacked by Muslim men for serving alcohol during Ramadan

ImperialATAT

Alfrescian
Loyal

French waitress apparently attacked by Muslim men for serving alcohol during Ramadan

Postmedia Network
First posted: Thursday, June 09, 2016 11:35 AM EDT | Updated: Thursday, June 09, 2016 11:44 AM EDT

1297844837394_ORIGINAL.jpg

(Getty Images)

A waitress in France was allegedly attacked by a pair of Muslim men for serving alcohol during Ramadan.

The beating in the French Riviera city of Nice has raised further cries of protest from the French who fear the spread of radical Islam in their country.

The waitress, a Muslim of Tunisian origin, said she was serving drinks Monday on the patio of the Vitis Cafe when two men began harassing her.

"They pointed to the bottles of alcohol behind the bar, then one of them told me in Arabic: 'You should be ashamed of yourself serving alcohol in the Ramadan period,'" she told the U.K. Telegraph.

Muslims mark the holy month of Ramadan with fasting and abstain from drinking, smoking and sex from dawn to dusk.

She said one of the men also told her: "If I was God, I would hang you."

She responded: "You're not God to judge me."

That's when one man allegedly called her a "whore" and slapped her face, knocking her to the ground and giving her a black eye. The attack was caught on security camera.

That footage has been turned over to police, and they've reportedly identified both men.

One is a known illegal immigrant and a threatening figure in the neighbourhood, according to reports. Neither were named.

The woman said the episode left her feeling "debased, humiliated, sullied."

She said she'd served alcohol previously in Tunisia with no problem, and worried for the future of her new country.

"I didn't think that in France, the country of liberty, you could be attacked for that," she told the U.K. Standard.