• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

French kiss

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Ever wondered why all those folks with kids, when leaving, they will always ask their kids to send a "french kiss" instead of saying "flying kiss"?
Myself and some friends will always blush when they asked their 3 year old kid to "french kiss" us.

Just didn't want to correct them but found it amusing everytime someone wants their kids to "french kiss" Or is there another term similar sound to french kiss but means flying kiss?

Imagine if you are a Hokkien and someone says goodbye to you with her kid and says, come and "La Ji" with uncle. Like my friend said: "We are close but not that close, besides its too early for that and we are no pedos."

groober2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is quite strange that your circle of acquaintances/friends has adopted the phrase "french kiss" to mean flying kiss. I have not experience any so far as it is known that giving a french kiss is kissing someone using the tongue and is a sensuous kiss.

In the modern society it is common not to shake hands with a woman and instead give her a peck on the cheek or on both cheeks. It is also given by adults to kids and vice versa.

We also know that a flying kiss is given by kissing one's open palm and blowing the open palm in the direction to the person one is giving it.

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You haven't tasted the Taiwanese kiss. My Taiwanese ex-GF would disallow me from drinking directly from the cup when she was talking seriously about love. She'd take one mouthful first, then kissed me and passed over into my mouth. And then, vice versa. If you or or I got some disease even like AIDS, it's alright, we'd die together.

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Imagine if you are a Hokkien and someone says goodbye to you with her kid and says, come and "La Ji" with uncle. Like my friend said: "We are close but not that close, besides its too early for that and we are no pedos."
Bro wuqi, quite unexpected of this thread. Quite amusing. For uncle, it should be come and "Gam Lan" with Uncle.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's one of those words that got mispronounced by the older generation.
Supposed to be pan kiss, flan kiss, friend kiss even....whatever floats your boat but the meaning is definitely not to mean French kiss.

longislandtea

Bro Wuqiu,

Same thing that puzzled me for quite a while. Yes it was meant to be "flying kiss"....but I guess due to the singlish element + some dialect element in the older days, they pronounce it as "French kiss".

Try pronouncing "Flying Kiss" in short n quick pace and sounds like "French Kiss" :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
It is quite strange that your circle of acquaintances/friends has adopted the phrase "french kiss" to mean flying kiss. I have not experience any so far as it is known that giving a french kiss is kissing someone using the tongue and is a sensuous kiss.

In the modern society it is common not to shake hands with a woman and instead give her a peck on the cheek or on both cheeks. It is also given by adults to kids and vice versa.

We also know that a flying kiss is given by kissing one's open palm and blowing the open palm in the direction to the person one is giving it.

I always felt bewildered but kind of understood when its from the older generation of aunties but now its the new generation and still asked their kids to frenchkiss me. Feel like correcting but it may be rude. They really said very very clearly, Say bye bye to Uncle, come french kiss, french kiss. :P

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
It's one of those words that got mispronounced by the older generation.
Supposed to be pan kiss, flan kiss, friend kiss even....whatever floats your boat but the meaning is definitely not to mean French kiss.

Exactly but now the error is being passed on to the new generation. Its been a generation passed since i was young and this still resurfaced just recently.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bro wuqi, quite unexpected of this thread. Quite amusing. For uncle, it should be come and "Gam Lan" with Uncle.

Thanks, sometimes must relax a bit, everyone is too serious these days. We forget to laugh and smile often.
Hahaha, true, its horrific when one grows up and understand the term french kiss.

groober2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks, sometimes must relax a bit, everyone is too serious these days. We forget to laugh and smile often.
Hahaha, true, its horrific when one grows up and understand the term french kiss.

Quite a predicament you are in bro. Also not easy to say they are wrong and to correct them. Maybe you have to hint hint indirectly.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

yes, sinkies misuse the term for a farewell kiss with a hand to lip gesture. french kiss involves the tongue. it starts with tongue gently touching her lips. if she relaxes and opens up her lips, tongue shall probe further to her teeth. she may open up more with her tongue responding, sometimes offering token resistance. the aggressive tongue will go further and fight with her tongue for space in her mouth. it will roll around her tongue, cleaning out residue in her teeth and gums. at the same time, lips collide and are squeezed closer with tongues dueling. definitely a prelude to hot steamy sex.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes, sinkies misuse the term for a farewell kiss with a hand to lip gesture. french kiss involves the tongue. it starts with tongue gently touching her lips. if she relaxes and opens up her lips, tongue shall probe further to her teeth. she may open up more with her tongue responding, sometimes offering token resistance. the aggressive tongue will go further and fight with her tongue for space in her mouth. it will roll around her tongue, cleaning out residue in her teeth and gums. at the same time, lips collide and are squeezed closer with tongues dueling. definitely a prelude to hot steamy sex.

French kiss, french cap and even french fries are terms invented by English speakers to belittle and laugh at frogs. Who the hell ddn't know how to kiss with tongues since thousands of years ago when Chinese kings and princes and dukes were busy kissing and bonking whole back palace of harem? Who the hell didn't know how to kiss with tongues since thousands of years ago when Indians were compiling Kamasutra? The French were still Gauls living in caves and jungles trying to figure out how to plant and harvest potato, and how to pre-empt unintended pregancy or how to abort unwanted pregancy.

crackhead

Alfrescian
Loyal
Exactly but now the error is being passed on to the new generation. Its been a generation passed since i was young and this still resurfaced just recently.

We can forgive the last generation coz it was more monkey see monkey do during their time and they were learning the wrong things. Our genration is lucky coz we have this forum to learn to correct the mistakes. Those that pass on to the next generation are obviously not members of this forum

jw5

Loyal
Ever wondered why all those folks with kids, when leaving, they will always ask their kids to send a "french kiss" instead of saying "flying kiss"?
Myself and some friends will always blush when they asked their 3 year old kid to "french kiss" us.

Perhaps what they meant is "friends' kiss".
England not so powderful so say arready sound like french kiss. :biggrin:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if new generation who also dunno real meaning of french kiss..........ought to be shot. Anyone below 35 who still use this phrase wrongly cannot be forgiven even if no go school before.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Perhaps what they meant is "friends' kiss".
England not so powderful so say arready sound like french kiss. :biggrin:

I already acted blur and i gave them chances by pretending not to hear, the mother even said to her young daughter after the first time, come and FREEENCH KISS the UNCLES, come don't be shy, FRENCH kiss FRENCH KISS, give a big one. All this while a friend and i kept a straight face, he was the first to realise FRENCH KISS. Luckily its in English and not in other languages.

Folks who didn't know better would think we are in some illegal stuff or something.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
We can forgive the last generation coz it was more monkey see monkey do during their time and they were learning the wrong things. Our genration is lucky coz we have this forum to learn to correct the mistakes. Those that pass on to the next generation are obviously not members of this forum

My friend (just reading this just message me)

The next time a errant mother says that to her child to french kiss him, he will slurp his tongue very tantalizingly and lick his lips.