• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Free education and allowance for Malaysian! Nothing for Sinkies!

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
[h=2]M'sian opined that S'pore Govt is stupid for giving him free education and allowance![/h]
0n Scholarships I think the sg gov has gone MAD. I am working in Australia and my company assigned a graduate engineer to work under me. He is Malaysian Chinese. He told me that he did his A level in Singapore ACJC where sg gov provided him free education plus monthly allowances.
He completed his A level and moved to Australia to do his Uni study as his parents are well to do and can afford to send him for overseas study. He mentioned there is no bond for the scholarship!
The gov must explain why such scholarships are given to foreigners and not to Singaporeans. The fact that he did not go to top JCs shows that he is not exceptionally bright and that means the scholarship could have gone to any Singapore citizen in ACJC (I have also found that he is only slightly above average working under me). There are many Singaporean engineers who work under me and I find them to be very good. The only problem is that they do not have the guts to leave Singapore to look for better pastures.
The money spent on scholarships are taxpayers’ money and what justification the gov has to use Singaporeans’ monies to pay for the education of citizens of another country.
In fact, the Malaysian Chinese thinks that the sg gov is stupid!
-AsiaOne

http://www.malaysia-chronicle.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=41603:msian-opined-that-spore-govt-is-stupid-for-giving-him-free-education-and-allowance&Itemid=2

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pour More Money

In fact, the Malaysian Chinese thinks that the sg gov is stupid!

Can't do anything for sure. But, the quality may not be good. You cannot expect much from cheap a education system. Govt need to pour more money to improve the economy as well as the edu std.